The 20th edition of IIFA awards were hosted in Mumbai city. Alia Bhatt took home the Best Actor Award (Female) for ‘Raazi’ and Ranveer Singh won Best Actor Award (Male).
The International Indian Film Awards were a blast last night in Mumbai. The star-studded event saw Bollywood biggies like Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt, Aditi Rao Hydari, Vicky Kaushal, Sara Ali Khan and Ishan Khatter in attendance.
The night was lit for the talented actress, Alia Bhatt as she took home the IIFA Best Actor Award (Female) for the role of ‘Sehmat’, an Indian spy who served the nation by marrying a Pakistani army officer and bringing home important information.
Another deserving nominee, Ranveer Singh was awarded the IIFA Best Actor Award (Male) for his intense role of ‘Allauddin Khilji’ in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s magnum opus ‘Padmaavat’.
The Best Director Award was presented to Sriram Raghavan for his well-deserving film, ‘Andhadhun’ starring Ayushmann Khurrana.
Related: 20+ Alia Bhatt Latest & Sexy Photos
Related: Ranveer Singh Upcoming Movies
The Best Supporting Role (Male) was awarded to Vicky Kaushal for his flawless role of Kamlesh Kanhaiya Lal who happened to be Sanjay Dutt’s real-life best friend. The URI: The Surgical Strike actor was also nominated for his role in ‘Raazi’.
Aditi Rao Hydari took home her Best Supporting Actor Award (Female) for her role in ‘Padmaavat’. The gorgeous Sara Ali Khan won the IIFA Best Debut Award (Female) while her contemporary Ishaan Khatter took home The Best Debut Actor (Male) for ‘Dhadak’.
The night of glitz and glamour marked IIFA’s 20th successful year. In the honour, special awards were presented to Deepika Padukone for ‘Chennai Express’ and Ranbir Kapoor won the same award for ‘Barfi’.
Director, Rajkumar Hirani won the Special Award for Best Director for ‘3 Idiots’. Rakesh Roshan’s ‘Kaho Na…Pyar Hai’ was also awarded Best Film in the last 20 years.
IIFA 2019 Winners List
- Best film – Raazi
- Best Director – Sriram Raghavan (AndhaDhun)
- Best Actress- Alia Bhatt (Raazi)
- Best Actor – Ranveer Singh (Padmaavat)
- Best Supporting Actress – Aditi Rao Hydari (Padmaavat)
- Best Supporting Actor – Vicky Kaushal for (Sanju)
- Best Debut Actor – Ishaan Khatter (Dhadak)
- Best Debut Actress – Sara Ali Khan (Kedarnath)
- Best Story – Sriram Raghavan, Pooja Ladha Surti, Arijit Biswas, Yogesh Chandekar and Hemanth Rao (AndhaDhun)
- Best Music Direction – Amaal Mallik, Guru Randhawa, Rochak Kohli, Saurabh-Vaibhav and Zack Knight (Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety)
- Best Lyrics – Amitabh Bhattacharya (Dhadak)
- Best Playback Singer (Female) – Harshdeep Kaur and Vibha Saraf (Dilbaro from Raazi)
- Best Playback Singer (Male) – Arijit Singh for (Ae Watan from Raazi)
- Outstanding Contribution to Indian Cinema – Saroj Khan and Jagdeep