CIT Coimbatore, formally known as Coimbatore Institute of Technology, was established in 1956 as an engineering college by the V. Rangaswamy Naidu Education Trust in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. In 2001, the institute got affiliated with Anna University. The CIT has the status of a government-aided autonomous college. It is ranked 104th out of 300 colleges in engineering by NIRF in 2022.
CIT offers UG, PG and PhD research programmes in 13 different departments. The flagship course of the university is the B.Tech. in CSE. Some of the other popular courses offered by the Coimbatore Institute of Technology are M.Tech. and MBA. All the courses at the university are approved by AICTE and UGC.
Admission to these programmes is done through state- or national-level entrance tests or on a merit basis. The college is widely known for its engineering courses. The highest package offered in 2022 was INR 33 LPA.
CIT Coimbatore Highlights
|Name||Coimbatore Institute of Technology|
|Location||Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu|
|Affiliated To||Anna University|
|Accreditation||NBA, NAAC ‘A’|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Highest Package||₹33 LPA|
CIT Coimbatore Admission 2023
CIT provides courses at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels. Admission to these courses is done mainly through the state- or national-level tests or based on 12th-grade marks. Candidates can refer below for more information regarding important dates, entrance exams, and cut-off for admission purposes.
|CEAP Merit List GATE Category (M.E./M.Tech)||12th June 2023|
|TNEA Online Application Deadline||4th June 2023|
|TNEA Counselling for Special Reservation Categories||2nd July – 5 July 2023|
|TNEA General Counseling||7th July – 24th August 2023|
|TNEA Supplementary Counseling||28th – 30th August 2023|
|TNEA SCA to SC Counseling||1st – 3rd September 2023|
|TNEA Counseling Ends||3rd September 2023|
CIT accepts state-level TNEA scores for admission in B.E. or B.Tech. programmes and TANCET or GATE for M.E. or M.Tech. courses. CIT conducts tests for admission to the Integrated M.Sc. programme. The college also accepts marks from 10+2 or equivalent qualifying examinations.
List of Exam accepted at CIT Coimbatore
- B.E./B.Tech – JEE Mains/TNEA
- MBA/PGDM – TANCET/MAT/CAT/CMAT/
- M.Sc. (Integrated) – CIT-MSc
- M.E./ M.Tech – GATE/TANCET
- MCA – TANCET
CIT releases cutoffs for different courses on its official website. The cutoff is based on many factors, like the number of candidates, the difficulty level of the exam, and the number of seats available. The cutoff for the year 2023 has not been released, so candidates can go through the cutoff for the year 2022 to get an idea.
|B.E./B.Tech (TNEA)||16964 – 35296 Rank|
|MBA (TANCET)||93.301 Overall|
|MCA (TANCET)||95.205 Overall|
CIT Coimbatore Ranking
Coimbatore Institute of Technology (CIT) is a government-aided autonomous institution affiliated with Anna University. It is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and NAAC. The college is recognised by the All India Council for Technical Education. The college has signed MoUs with many national and international organisations like COINDIA, CODISSIA, BSNL, IBM, NIC, the University of Kazan, Oklahoma State University, etc.
|Accredited By||NBA, NAAC|
|NIRF (Engineering) 2022||104th|
CIT Coimbatore Infrastructure
Coimbatore Institute of Technology is spread over an area of 25.4 acres with a campus area of 9.88 acres and is located near Avinashi Road, Civil Aerodrome Post, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. The bus stand is 7 km away from CIT, taking only 8 minutes to reach the college. The college provides facilities like solar panels, rainwater harvesting, a wastewater treatment plant, transportation, and much more.
Facilities Provided at CIT Coimbatore
- Secured Wi-Fi connections
- Sports ground recreational activities.
- Well-equipped and hi-tech laboratories
- Computer lab and science lab
- Auditorium and seminar room
- Health center and OPD facility
CIT Coimbatore Popular Courses
CIT offers 8 UG, 9 PG, and 3 five-year integrated M.Sc. programmes, along with PhD research programmes. The college mainly provides courses in the fields of science and computers. B.Tech is the flagship course of the college. The college also provides PG courses like MBA, MCA, and M.Sc.
|Courses||Eligibility||Selection Process||Tuition Fees|
|B.E./B.Tech||10+2 : 50%||TNEA||INR 1.7 L – 2 L|
|M.E./M.Tech||UG : 50%||TANCET/GATE||INR 50 K|
|MCA||UG : 50%||TANCET||INR 35 K – 46.05 K|
|M.Sc (Integrated)||UG : 75%||CIT-MSc||INR 87.5 K|
|MBA||UG : 50%||TANCET||INR 35 K|
How to Apply for CIT Coimbatore 2023?
Candidates can apply through TNEA for admission to B.E. or B.Tech. courses and through TANCET for PG courses. A candidate needs to apply for CIT by downloading and filling out the application form from the college website, but before that, he or she needs to register on the TNEA website. The details regarding filling out the TNEA form are given below.
- Browse the official website of TNEA at tneaonline.org
- On the registration page, fill in your details like name, email ID, nationality, religion, etc.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number, write the OTP and click on the ‘register’ button.
- You will now receive a user ID and password. Log in using the user ID and password.
- Fill in further details related to the personal, reservations, scholarships, academic information, and school of study.
- Preview your application and submit it.
- Pay the required application fees.
- Take a printout of the application form for use during the admissions process.
- After the registration process is completed, you will be required to upload copies of the original certificates, like the community certificate, 10th grade mark sheet, 12th grade mark sheet, TC, etc.
CIT provides the option to pay application fees online or offline for UG courses and only online for PG courses. Candidates have to pay an application fee category-wise for counselling, which can be paid in cash or through a demand draft. For TNEA, a candidate can pay the application fees online using a credit card, debit card, ATM card/net banking.
|Application Fees for CIT-MSc||₹1000|
|TNEA Application Fees||₹500 (online) – ₹700 (offline)|
CIT Coimbatore Scholarship
The Coimbatore Institute of Technology provides scholarships on a merit basis to students belonging to the financially weaker section of society. The college provides various government and private scholarships based on specific criteria.
Government Scholarships – Some of the scholarships under this are:–
- Adi Dravidar Welfare Scholarship.
- Backward class Welfare Scholarship.
- Chief Minister’s Scholarship.
- Merit- Cum- Means Scholarship.
- Deceased Government Servants and Ex-servicemen Scholarship.
- Arignar Anna Award Scholarship.
- Pondicherry State Scholarship.
- Gandhi Memorial Scholarship.
- Government Of Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Nagaland, Mizoram Scholarship.
- Defence Service Scholarship.
- Tamil Nadu Farmer Social Security Welfare Scholarship.
- AICTE Pragathi Scheme (For Girl Students).
- AICTE Saksham Scheme (For Specially-abled Students).
Private Scholarship –
- Tamil Nadu Educational Trust Scholarship.
- Oil & Natural Gas Commission Scholarship.
CIT Coimbatore Placement
CIT has not released the placement statistics for all the courses. According to the report, the highest package offered is INR 35 LPA to a student of the CSE department. The placement rate was recorded at 70% for the chemical engineering branch. Some of the prominent recruiters of the institute are Berger, Bosch, LT, Qualcomm, Toshiba, the Advisory Board, etc.
|Highest CTC (CSE)||INR 35 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 4.5 LPA (2022)|
|Top Recruiters||Berger Paints, Bosch Ltd, Hyundai, Infosys, L T, Renault Nissan|
CIT Coimbatore FAQ
Ans-The full form of CIT is Coimbatore Institute of Technology.
Ans-The placement rate in CIT in 2022 was 80%.
Ans-The exams accepted by Coimbatore Institute of Technology are TNEA, JEE Main, GATE, and TANCET.
Ans-Coimbatore Institute of Technology is ranked 104th in India in 2022 by NIRF.
Ans-Coimbatore Institute of Technology’s cutoff for B.E./B. Tech. is 16964–35296 Rank.
Ans-CIT offers different fees for B.Tech. under-aided and unaided courses. The fee for B.Tech students is INR 70,200 for the first year.
Ans-Coimbatore Institute of Technology is a government-aided autonomous engineering college.
Ans-The highest package offered at Coimbatore Institute of Technology is INR 35 LPA in 2023.