The brochure of the GATE 2020 has been released at the official website, the exam will be held in February 2020
The brochure for GATE 2020 has been released on the official website, i.e., gate.iitd.ac.in. The GATE 2020 brochure consists of details like exam pattern, marking scheme, syllabus, sample question papers, cut-off and other important information about the examinations.
What is GATE?
An all India examination GATE (The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), is held to test the primary comprehensive understanding of the various undergraduate subjects in engineering and technology.
With the financial assistance provided by other government agencies and the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), the exam is conducted for admission in Post Graduate courses in Indian institutes of higher education.
Who is going to Conduct GATE 2020? the application procedure, exam dates, and pattern.
- In the month February, on 1, 2, 8 and 9, 2020 the IIT Delhi (The Indian Institute of Technology) will conduct the GATE 2020 examination.
- The exam will most likely be held in two shift, I.e., 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
- The application procedure will commence from September 3 and will get over on September 24, 2019, at the official website of GATE (gate.iitd.ac.in.).
- The applicants will also be provided with a time period window if they want to make changes in their application form.
- November 15, 2019, is the last date to make the changes in the application form with an additional fee.
- The exam dates are February 1, 2, 8 and 9 2019.
- The result will be declared on March 16, 2019.
GATE 2020: Exam pattern
- The GATE 2020 exam will be conducted in 24 subjects, which includes Aerospace, engineering, architecture and planning, chemical engineering, biotechnology, etc.
- The exam will be a computer-based exam, with multiple-choice questions. The total numbers of questions will 65 and the total marks are going to be 100. The exam will be held for 3 hours.
GATE 2020: Eligibility criteria
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in four years program in science (BSc)
- Master’s degree in any branch of science/ maths/statistics/computer applications
- Four years integrated master’s degree in Engineering/Technology
- Five years of integrated master’s degree or dual degree in engineering/ technology