Polytechnic /Diploma Courses are currently one of the most popular choices, especially for 12th-qualified candidates. The Diploma courses or Polytechnic courses are 2 and 3-year duration courses offering education and practices in various Technical and Non-Technical fields including Engineering, Pharmacy, and Nursing field.
The courses will be available in various Govt. and Private Polytechnic institutions all across the country. The Curriculum for Polytechnic Courses is designed to provide knowledge of various specializations of Science fields. It will comprise various specializations including Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, IT, Mechanical, Agriculture, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Polytechnic:
- Qualification: Applicants must have qualified for their 10th or equivalent level examination from any govt. recognized board.
- Qualification (Lateral Entry): For Lateral Entry admission, candidates must have qualified their 12th or equivalent level examination from any govt. recognized institution.
- Age Limit: The Age limit will be different as per the courses candidates want to apply for.
- Marks: Candidates must have scored at least 35% marks in their qualifying examination to be eligible for admission.
- Subjects: Applicants must have Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics /Biology as one of their mandatory subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in their final academic examination in 2022 can also apply for Diploma Courses.
Polytechnic Admission Procedure
The admission procedure for polytechnic courses of various institutions will be different as per their criteria. Candidates must satisfy the criteria of individual participating institutions to be eligible for admission.
Polytechnic Admission Procedure will be regulated on the basis of either State/University level test or Merit list. Some institutions also provide direct admission in their offered diploma courses.
Here is the list of popular entrance examinations for admission in Polytechnic courses:
- Assam Polytechnic
- HP PAT
- CET Delhi
- J&K Polytechnic
- AP Polycet
- TS Polycet
The admission procedure for Diploma courses will be available in two different categories including 1st year and lateral entry admission. The lateral admission will be a 2-year duration and only 12th qualified candidates will be allowed to apply for lateral entry admission.
List of top Polytechnic/Diploma courses in India
Following are the list of popular/trending Diploma courses for candidates who can apply after 12th science:
Diploma in Chemical Engineering
Diploma in Chemical Engineering is one of the most trending diploma courses for candidates after 10th or 12th. It is a three-year-long program duration program for candidates interspersed in the field of Chemistry. Chemical Engineering Diploma courses teach the candidates about chemicals, raw materials, and ways of creating new chemicals and materials out of existing chemicals.
Diploma in Civil Engineering
A diploma in Civil Engineering is about designing the process, maintenance, and construction of roads, dams, buildings, bridges, etc. It is a 3-year diploma course focused on providing education regarding construction management and its other components.
The Diploma in Civil Engineering is widely famous for creating new job opportunities with good payback. Candidates can also opt. Civil Engineering in lateral entry terms.
Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering
Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering recently became one of the most popular choices among the 12th qualified candidates. The objective of the course is to provide basic knowledge regarding Computer and Programming languages
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering is another popular Diploma level course offering knowledge regarding the field of Mechanical Engineering. It is a discipline that focuses on principles of physics and materials science for the analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems.
Diploma in Pharmacy
Diploma in Pharmacy is a 3-year duration diploma course for candidates seeking knowledge in the field of Pharmacists. Diploma in Pharmacy is one of the most popular and highly recommended courses due to its scope.
Here is the list of some other diploma courses candidates can apply for:
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics Engineering
- Diploma in Agriculture Engineering
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Diploma in Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Production)
- Diploma in Production Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering (Construction Technology)
- Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering (Industry Integrated)
- Diploma in Electronics And Communication Engineering (Tech Elex Radio)
- Diploma in Electronics Engineering (Specialization In Consumer Electronics)
- Diploma in Civil Engineering (Environmental & Pollution Control)
- Diploma in Civil Engineering (Public Health Engineering)
- Diploma in Interior Design
- Diploma in Textile Design
- P.G. Diploma In Computer Application
Candidates with non-technical i.e. Arts or Commerce stream can apply for the following courses:
- Diploma in Modern Office Management & Secretarial Practice
- Diploma in Garment Technology
- Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- Diploma in Fashion Design
The career scope of diploma certificate holder candidates is quite high especially in the fields like Pharmacy, Nursing, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc. a trained professional in these specializations can easily start a career.
On the basis of a Diploma Certificate, candidates can easily apply for various relevant jobs all across the country. Apart from the jobs, diploma certificate holder candidates can also apply for various Govt. examinations. Based on the Diploma certificate and knowledge, candidates can also start their own business (Self-Employment).
The salary of Diploma certificate holder candidates could be different as per their occupation, Experience, seniority. New fresher candidates can get the salary rounds of 15k to 20k per month. However, an experienced candidate can get over 20K to 30K per month.
With the diploma certificate from India, candidates can also apply for various relevant jobs in foreign nations. Also, the salary of diploma certificate holder candidates in foreign nations could be high compared to India.
Hope you find this article informative and useful. If you have any queries, please free to comment.