SSN College, formally known as Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, was established in the year 1996 by Dr Shiv Nadar, Chairman, of HCL Technologies. According to the 2022 National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), SSN was ranked 96 overall and 48 among engineering colleges in India. The college offers various courses in UG and PG. The college is popularly known for its B.Tech., B.E., M.Tech., and M.E. courses.
The SSN College has 12 departments in engineering. All the courses in the college are affiliated with Anna University and approved by AICTE. The college is accredited by NAAC with an A++ grade. The college is spread over an area of 250 acres.
TNEA counselling is used to determine admission to various courses. The college’s placement rate is 95%. Each year, more than 200 recruiters visit SNN College for placement.
14 April 2023: TANCET 2023 Result Declaration Date
SSN College Highlights
|Name||Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering(SSN college)|
|Affilated To||AICTE, Anna University|
|Accrediated by||NAAC: A++|
|Courses offered||UG & PG|
|Courses||Engineering, Management, IT|
|Highest Package||INR 1.17 Cr|
SNN College Admission 2023
Admission to B.E./B.Tech. courses are strictly based on merit, as these are the flagship courses of the college. 65% of the seats at SSN are filled through a single window of counselling, while the remaining 35% of the management quota seats are similarly filled based on merit.
|TNEA 2023 application process||June 2023|
|Submit the application form for BTech||June 2023|
|Online counseling(Reservation Category)||August 2023|
|Online Counseling (General)||November 2023|
Ann University conducts Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions Counselling for the selection of candidates for B.Tech. and B.E. courses. As the SNN is affiliated with Ann University, candidates who are interested in applying to the SNN College must register for the TNEA. The merit list will be prepared based on the score of the 12th board.
SSN College Ranking & Accreditation
The SNN college is ranked 48th in the engineering category. The college has received ISO 9001:2000 certification and is affiliated with Ann University. According to the Education World India Engineering Colleges Rankings 2020–21, SSN is one of the top 10 private engineering schools. The college is also ranked among the top 3 colleges affiliated with Anna University, Chennai.
|Approved By||UGC, AICTE|
|Accredited By||NAAC : A++|
|QS Asia Ranking for Private Univerity||2|
SSN College Infrastructure
The Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering has built a modern campus of 230 acres with top-notch facilities. The campus includes all the facilities. With 84000 volumes, 20000 titles, and an online journal database, SSN has a large library. There are separate hostels for boys and girls, with a total capacity of 2723 students. There are 12 departments in the college, and each department has a high-tech, modern lab with all the required equipment.
Facilities at SSN College
- Academic Building
- Wi Fi Facility
- Sports Facility
- Heath care
- Transport Facility
- Auditorium and Seminar Halls
SSN College: Popular Courses
|Course||Eligibility||Selection proess||Fee Structure(1st year)|
|B.Tech/B.E||10+2 :45%||TNEA, 12th(CBSE)||INR 1.2 L – INR 2 L|
|M.Tech/M.E||Graduation :50%||TANCET, GATE||INR 50,000|
|MBA||Graduation : 50%||TANCET MBA||INR 35,000|
How to apply for SSN College in 2023?
Admission to Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering will be purely based on the merits of the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions Counselling. Candidates who are interested in the SSN College can follow the given steps to fill out their TNEA application.
- Visit the official website of TNEA at tneaonline.org.
- Fill in the required details, such as name, email, number, DOB, gender, etc., and submit the application form.
- Now enter the OTP that you have received in your number to get your user ID and password.
- Log in to the portal and fill out the TNEA application form 2023.
- Enter nationality, gender, parent’s names, residence, and a valid ID must be entered, and click “save and proceed.”
- Now pay the required application fee.
- Enter scholarship details and academic details, along with other additional information.
- Preview the filled-in details and submit your application.
- Take a printout of your application for reference.
TNEA Application fee
|SC/ST/SCA(Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu)||Rs. 250|
|Special Reservation Category||Rs. 100|
SSN College Scholarship
Over 600 scholarships are given annually to deserving students according to academic achievement, athletic success, and financial necessity. In recent years, 4.87 crores were distributed to 579 students as scholarships.
|Merit Scholarships||UG:Based on the performace of candidates in qualifying exam|
PG: Based on the performance of previous Academic year
|Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||1.Waiver of Tuition Fee|
2. Walk-in-Walk-out Scholarships
3. Scholarships for Rural Students
|Scholarships to encourage meritorious students||percentile 90 and above: Rs.1,00,000|
percentile 89 :Rs.75, 000
SSN College Placement
During the placements in 2022, 1,315 offers were made. The highest package offered by the college was INR 1.17 crore, while the second-highest was INR 84.24 LPA.
|Highest package||INR 1.17 cr|
|Second Highest package||INR 84.24 LPA|
|Average package |
(Top 25% selected)
|INR 20.05 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||L&T, TATA, Bosch, Infosys, Capgemini etc|
SSN College FAQs
Ans- The SSN college specifically doesn’t conduct any entrance exam of its own. The selection of candidates is based on the TNEA, GATE/TANCET.
Ans-SSN is ranked 96 overall and 48 among engineering colleges in India.
Ans-A single window of counselling is used to fill 65% of the seats at SSN, while the remaining 35% of management quota seats are filled similarly on the basis of merit.
Ans-Yes, the college offers merit scholarships, merit-cum-means scholarships and scholarships to encourage meritorious students.
Ans-The highest package offered at Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering is INR 1.17 Cr while the second highest is INR 84.24LPA.
Ans-Yes, a total of 35% of management quota seats are filled on the basis of merit.
Ans-The Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering is accredited by NAAC with an A++ grade.
Ans-Yes the college accepts the JEE mains score but, the primary focus is given to the Tamil board—or any other board.
Ans-Hostel fees range from Rs. 76,000 for triple sharing to Rs. 1,00,000 for a single room and Rs. 1,20,000 for an air-conditioned room.