Upcoming American epic period action film Babylon is directed as well as written by filmmaker Damien Chazelle, whose work has received multiple nomination as well as awards in many prestigious award events including such as Academy Awards, British Academy of Films and Television Arts Award, Golden Globe Awards any many others, in movies such as La La Land, Whiplash and First Man.
The shooting of the film started in mid 2022 in California, USA. However, it was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and instead began filming on July 1, 2021. The team wrapped up the entered shoot on October 21, 2022 and it is currently under post-production work.
Babylon Star Cast
- Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt is playing the lead role in the film as Jack Conrad
- Academy Awards winning actress and “I, Tonya” fame Margot Robbie is playing the female lead as Nellie LaRoy
- Diego Calva as Manny Torres
- Jovan Adepo as Sidney Palmer
- Li Jun Li as Lady Fay Zhu
- Jean Smart as Elinor St. John
- P.J. Byrne
- Lukas Haas as George Munn
- Olivia Hamilton
- Tobey Maguire as James McKay
- Max Minghella as Irving Thalberg
- Rory Scovel
- Katherine Waterston as Irving Thalberg
- Rory Scovel
- Katherine Waterston as Ruth Arzner
- Additionally, Flea, Jeff Garlin, Eric Roberts, Ethan Suplee, Samara Weaving, Olivia Wilde, Spike Jonze, Damon Gupton, Phoebe Tonkin, Chloe Fineman, Troy Metcalf and Telvin Griffin have been roped in to play supporting roles.
Babylon Release Date
The film is scheduled for a limited release on December 25, 2022 coinciding with Christmas this year, before a wide release on January 6, 2022. It was originally scheduled for a December 25, 2021 limited release and a January 7, 2022 wide release, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the dates were shifted to later. It will be distributed by Paramount Pictures.
Babylon Trailer Out
The first trailer of the film was shown at the 47th Toronto Film Festival, during an In Conversation panel with its director Damien, on September 12, 2022. It was released to the public the following day.
Set in the 1920s, during Hollywood’s transition from Silent Films to talkies (Sound Films), the film takes a broad look at the chaos that ensues as actors, directors, and more scramble to adapt to the new environment.
As the trailer indicates, the film is a dive into the wild lives of said creatives and the city and industry they are intertwined with. It is an unbelievably wild interpretation of a Hollywood of yesteryear and an undeniably fun trip.
Always make a scene. Watch the new trailer for #BabylonMovie starring Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie and Diego Calva. In select theatres December 25. Everywhere January 6.
❤️ this tweet to join the party and receive exclusive content. pic.twitter.com/UYd4Rjb5j8
— Babylon (@babylonmovie) September 13, 2022