American neo-noir fantasy streaming series Carnival Row will soon be back with its most-awaited second season. created by Rene Echevarria and Travis Beacham, the series is based on the latter’s film script tiled A Killing of Carnival Row.
The debut season of Carnival Row premiered on August 30, 2019 on Amazon Prime. It premiered eight episodes having a run time of 50-67 minute each.
The first season was appreciated a lot by audience as its intriguing premise has a combination of dark fantasy genre, political mystery and murder mystery. It was nominated for Best Genre Series at the 2020 Satellite Awards.
Ever since the makers talked about the arrival of its second season, fans have been showing their excitement as they want to know the further happenings.
Carnival Row Season 2 Star Cast
- English actor Orlando Bloom who is the male lead of the series will reprise his role as Rycroft Philostrate/Philo, a veteran of war and an inspector of the Burgue Constabulary, who is investigating a dark conspiracy at the heart of the city.
- Cara Delevingne is the female lead of the series, playing the character named Vignette Stonemosso, a fae and Philo’s former lover, who has lived a rather troubled life.
- Simon McBurney as Runyon Millworthy
- Tamzin Merchant as Imogen Spurnrose
- David Gyasi as Agreus Astrayon
- Andrew Gower as Ezra Spurnrose
- Karla Crome as Tourmaline Larou
- Arty Froushan as Jonah Breakspear
- Indira Varma as Piety Breakspear
- Jared Harris as Absalom Breakspear
- Jamie Harris as Sergeant Dombey
We can expect to see some new characters joining the team for the second season.
Carnival Row Season 2 Makers
The series is produced by Rene Echevarria, Travis Beacham, Marc Guggenheim, Jon Amiel, Orlando Bloom and Gideon Amir under the banners of Siesta Productions, Legendary Television and Amazon Studios.
The first episode of the season 2 is based on a story by Erik Oleson, Travis Beacham and Marc Guggenheim with the telplay of Erik Oleson.
The second episode is written by Sarah Byrd, the third episode by Wesley Strick, the fourth episode by Dylan Gallagher and Mateja Bozicevic and the fifth one by Tania Lotia. Nathan Barr is serving as the music director in the series.
Carnival Row Season 2 OTT Release Date
Amazon renewed Carnival Row series for the second season in July 2019. However, production started in November 2019 but was halted due to the coronavirus pandemic in March 2020.
In February 2021, Tamzin Merchant, who is playing Imogen Spurnrose in the series, announced that only five out of eight episodes were wrapped up.
Reportedly, the makers have decided to release the first five completed episodes soon, and added that the final four will be released when the production is completed.
The second season will premiere on Amazon Prime Video, although the makers have not announced an official release date, we can expect the second season to be released in the mid 2022.
In September 2021 the official twitter handle of Carnival Row revealed some behind-the-scene shots of the cast & crew. Have a look:
— Carnival Row (@CarnivalRow) September 16, 2021
Plot of the Series
The story of the series revolves around some mythical creatures who have fled their war-torn homeland and gather in the city of Burgue as the tensions are simmering between citizens and growing immigrants.
Only one man named Rycroft Philostrate who is a war-hardened investigator, is willing to stop a strip of unsolved murders and maintaining the fragile peace between the communities.