The superhit duo Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock and Kevin Hart will be seen giving voice in the upcoming animated superhero comedy film DC League of Super-Pets along with multi prominent actors of Hollywood.
The film revolves around the superhero pets of “Detective” comic superheroes, as they are all geared up to save their human companions, who are kidnapped by the antagonist Lax Luthar.
DCLSP is directed by Jared Stern, it will mark his debut directorial project in the animated feature film, and overall the second directorial project after the 2018 rom-com Happy Anniversary. Stern also co-wrote the screenplay of the film with his frequent partner in writing John Whittington.
DCLSP Release Date
The film initially was to release in May 2021, but later was put off because of Keanu Reeves who is starring as one of the voices in this animated venture, DCLSP was then postponed to May 2022.
It got again pushed back for the final release on 29 July 2022. It has already been released in the home market and is being well received by the audience at the box office. It had a good first weekend of USD 41.4 Million.
Release Date in India
DC Super pets will hit Indian cinemas on 5 Aug 2022 in all four languages English along with dubbed versions of Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi.
OTT Release Date
DC League of Super-Pets will have its digital debut after the 45 days theatrical run of the film on the American video on demand streaming platform HBO Max. Or it will be made available on the OTT platform HBO Max in the first week of July 2022.
— DC League of Super-Pets (@DCSuperPets) November 23, 2021
Star Cast of DC League of Super-Pets
- Dwayne Johnson stars as the voice of Krypto the Superdog, the main lead, and the protagonist of superman’s dog. he forms the team of superheroes rag-tag pets so as to save the metropolitan city and their Justice League companions
- Kevin Hart stars as the voice of the hound who holds super strength and invulnerability,(Ace the Bat-Hound),
- Wonder Woman’s pet PB voiced by Vanessa Bayer,
- Flash’s pet Merton a super turtle voiced by Natasha Lyonne,
- Green Lantern’s pet Chip a squirrel voiced by Diego Luna,
- John Krasinski (Superman),
- Lex Luthor is the antagonist in the film voice by Marc Maron, he is the archenemy of Superman.
- Other actors who have been roped in for giving the voice in the film are Kate McKinnon, Keanu Reeves, Thomas Middleditch, Ben Schwartz, and Jameela Jamil. Their respective roles are yet to be disclosed.
DCLSP is bankrolled by Dwayne Johnson, Patricia Hicks, Dany Garcia, Hiram Garcia, and Stern under the banner Warner Animation Group, DC Entertainment, and Seven Bucks Productions. The distributor is Warner Bros. Pictures.
Watch DC League of Super-Pets Trailer
The film has already made much anticipation among the theatergoers through its trailer. The official trailer of DCLSP was unveiled on 23 Nov 2021 on social media platforms, On Youtube, its official trailer(English) has been viewed over 21 crore times with 67 thousand likes (as of Feb 23).