The military sci-fi series Halo is all gearing up to premiere on your digital screens soon, The show is based on a sci-fi video game of the same name. The story of the show is developed by Kyle Killen and Steven Kane for the video on demand platform Paramount+.
The series is set in the 26th century, revolves around the war between Covenant (Military coalition of many alien races) and the inhabitants of the earth, in the future.
Star Cast of Halo
- Halo features Pablo Schreiber in the main lead as Spartan-117(Master Chief Petty Officer John-117),
- Natascha McElhone essaying the role of a scientist of UNSC, as doctor Catherine Elizabeth Halsey,
- Other actors Charlie Murphy (Makee), veteran Indian actress Shabana Azmi (Admiral Margaret Parangosky) she is the director of ONI,
- Bokeem Woodbine (Soren-066), Olive Grey (Miranda Keyes), Kate Kennedy (Kai-125), Natasha Culzac (Riz-028), Bentley Kalu (Vanna-134), Danny Sapani (Captain Jacob Keyes), and Jen Taylor in the role of Cortana.
- UNSC (United Nations Space Command), ONI (Office of Naval Intelligence)
Filming started in Oct 2019 and the production costs of the Halo series are around 40 million dollars (in Indian Rupees 298 crores approx). The series is reportedly comprised of 9 episodes.
OTT, Voot Release Date
The series will be premiered on the American streaming platform Paramount+ on 24 March 2022, talking about the Indian debut of the Halo series in a recent interview Viacom 18 said that they would be premiering the series on the digital platform Voot same day (March 24).
Watch Halo Trailer
On 31st Jan paramount+ unveiled the trailer video on social media platforms which is imbued with adrenaline-fuelled action sequences and rich in VFX. The trailer is garnering a lot of eyeballs, on YouTube, it has been viewed over 87 lakh times with 69k likes so far(as of Feb7).
Makers of the show
Steven Kane and Kyle Killen serve as the creators of this military action science fiction series, and the various episodes are helmed by Otto Bathurst, Jonathan Liebesman, M.J. Bassett, Roel Reine, and Jet Wilkinson.
Sheila Hockin and Charlotte Keating financed the show under the banner of Amblin Television, 343 Industries, Showtime Networks, and Paramount Television Studios.
All the episodes have a runtime of around 60 minutes, distributors are ViacomCBS Global Distribution.