American fantasy drama series House of the Dragon has been renewed for its second season. The series serves as the sequel to one of the most popular TV series, Games of Thrones. Both the series are based on the “A Song of Ice and Fire” novels by George R.R. Martin
The move of the renewal of the series for the second season, came relatively after the first episode of House of the Dragon “The Heirs of the Dragon”was released on August 21, 2022 and delivered 10 views overnight.
It became an HBO record for a series opener. The first episodes’ viewership has crossed 20 million in the United States across linear, on demand and HBO Max platforms.
The Season 2 of the series will also see the return of the main star cast of Season 1. The name of the star cast roped in again for the second season are:
- Paddy Considine as King Viserys I Targaryen
- Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen
- Emma D’Arcy as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen
- Rhys Ifans as Ser Otto Hightower
- Steve Toussaints as Lord Corlys Velaryon
- Eve Best as Princess Rhaenys Targaryen
- Sonoya Mizuno as Mysaria
- Fabien Frankel as Ser Criston Cole
- Emily Carey as Lady Alicent Hightower
- Olivia Cooke as Older Alicent Hightower
- Graham McTavish as Ser Harrold Westerling
- Ryan Corr as Ser Harwin Strong
- Bill Peterson as Lord Lyman Beesbury
- Steffan Rhodri as Hobert Hightower
- Gary Raymond as High Septon
OTT Release Date
House of the Dragon comprised a total of 10 episodes out and like the first episode of this season, which is the only one among them that has been released so far, rest of 9 will premiere on weekly basis on Sundays (one episode/week) till October 23, 2022.
Talking about the release date of the season 2 of house of the dragon, the makers haven’t disclosed any details regarding The official twitter page of the show, announced the season 2 via a motion poster.
— House of the Dragon (@HouseofDragon) August 26, 2022
About the Series
The series is created by Ryan Condal for HBO with R.R. Martin and Miguel Sapochnik serving as the showrunners. It is set 200 years before the events of Games of Thrones and 172 years before the birth of Daenerys Targaryen. It portrays the beginning of the end of the once all-powerful dynasty, House Targaryen, the events leading up to and covering the Targaryen war of succession, known as the Dance of Dragon.