Famous action hero Jason Statham is soon coming with a spy comedy film named Operation Fortune: Ruse De Guerre, directed by Sherlock Holmes fame Guy Ritchie. The duo was recently seen in the action thriller heist film Wrath of Man, which was released in May this year.
In Operation Fortune Jason will be seen in a super-spy role who is on an undercover mission to stop the arms broker Hugh Grant, who is about to sell a deadly new weapon technology.
Star Cast of Operation Fortune: Ruse De Guerre
- Jason Statham is in the role of Orson Fortune, a super spy.
- Hugh Grant in the antagonist character Hugh Grant, a billionaire arms broker
- actor-comedian Aubrey Plaza will also be seen in the film.
- Rapper-actor Aaron Davis or Bugzy Malone
- Josh Hartnett in the role of Danny Francesco, playing Hollywood’s biggest star.
- actor-writer Cary Elwes essaying the role of Nathan Jasmine
- Filipina actor-director Loudes Faberes is playing Emilia
- actor-musician Max Beesley is playing Ben Harris
- English actor Eddie Marsan was also featured in the film.
Trailer and Release Date
The trailer of Operation Fortune was unveiled recently by the makers on the social media platform youtube on the official channel of STX Films, Fans are eagerly waiting for the duo to hit the big screens. STX Films are the distributors of the film for the United States, It is scheduled to release on 21 January 2022 there.
All About the Film
Production started in Jan 2021, and a major portion of the shooting took place in Turkey and Qatar. The film is bankrolled by Jason himself along with Ivan Atkinson and Bill Block, it is made under the banner of Miramax.
On the technical front, Alan Stewart handled the cinematography and James Herbert has done the Editing, and Christopher Benstead gave the music in the film.
Jason Statham Upcoming Projects
Talking about Jason’s upcoming projects he will be next seen in the superhit franchise Expendables fourth Installment named The Expendables 4. He has also recently signed a film named The Beekeeper the film is reportedly in its pre-production phase.