Created by Akiva Goldsman, Alex Kurtzman and Jenny Lumet, “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” Season 1 is an upcoming American television series which was launched as a part of Kurtzman’s expanded Star Trek Universe, a Science fiction media franchise created by Gene Roddenberry.
Henry Alonso Myers is serving as the showrunner along with Akiva Goldsman who has directed the series along with Maja Vrvilo, Sydney Freeland and Amanda Row. Goldsman, Kurtzman, Lumet, Myers, Heather Kadin, Frank Siracusa, John Weber, Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth are producing the series under the banners of Secret Hideout, Roddenberry Entertainment and CBS Studios. Nami Melumad is the music director.
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 1 OTT Release Date
The makers of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds have announced its streaming date; it is set to premier on the over-the-top service Paramount+ in the United States of America, Latin America, Australia and Nordics on May 5, 2022. It will stream a total of 10 episodes on a weekly basis (one episode per week) until July 7. Bella Media will broadcast the series in Canada on CTV Sci-Fi Channel on the same day as the U.S., before streaming episodes on Crave.
The crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise reporting for duty. Explore the new set of character posters from #StarTrek #StrangeNewWorlds, coming to @ParamountPlus May 5! pic.twitter.com/GEwizz2PDY
— Star Trek on Paramount+ (@StarTrekOnPPlus) April 5, 2022
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 1 Star Cast
- Anson Mount is playing as Christopher Pike, the central character of the series and captain of the USS Enterprise
- Rebecca Romijn as Una Chin-Riley/ Number One, the first officer of the Enterprise and second-in-command to Pike
- Ethan Peck as Spock, Science officer aboard the Enterprise
- Babs Olusanmokun as M’Benga as a doctor aboard the Enterprise
- Christina Chong as La’an Noonien- Singh, a relative of Ricardo Montalban’s Star Trek villain Khan Noonien Singh
- Celia Rose Gooding as Nyota Uhura, a cadet on the Enterprise
- Jess Bush as Christine Chapel, a nurse on the enterprise
- Melissa Navia as Erica Ortegas
- Bruce Horak as Hemmer, an Aenar officer aboard the Enterprise
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 1 Trailer
Paramount Plus dropped the trailer of the first season of the Star Trek: Strange New Worlds on April 4, 2022. The full length trailer explores new worlds throughout the galaxy, here we can clearly see Enterprise going toe-to-toe with a big, circular alien warship. However, nothing much has been revealed by the makers, we have to wait till the streaming of the series before saying anything.
About the Film
The series is a spin-off from “Star Trek: Discovery” television series and a prequel to “Star Trek: The Original Series”, it follows Captain Christopher Pike, a fictional character in the Star Trek science fiction franchise and the crew of the starship USS Enterprise as they chart the stars and search for alien life in space as well as explore new worlds throughout the galaxy during the decade before “Star Trek: The Original Series” which aired from 1966 to 1969.
So many planets, so little time. #StarTrek #StrangeNewWorlds pic.twitter.com/QiZsgfcUuy
— Star Trek on Paramount+ (@StarTrekOnPPlus) April 15, 2022