“The Bad Guys” is an American computer-animated crime comedy series, directed by Pierre Perifel (in his feature directorial debut), known for the award-winning Short films “Bilby” and “Le Building”.
The film, loosely based on Aaron Blabey’s Children’s book of the same name is getting an amazing response at the Box-office worldwide and now is all set to be released in India. Produced by Damon Ross and Rebecca Huntley under the banner of DreamWorks Animation, the film has the screenplay of Etan Cohen and music by Daniel Pemberton.
Release Date in India
This crime comedy animated film was released in several countries beginning from March 16, 2022, and in the home market- the United States of America, in 2D and RealD 3D platforms. It was released theatrically on April 22 and was distributed by Universal Pictures. The film is slated to stream in the United States on the Peacock streaming service 45 days after its theater release, followed by its Netflix debut after Peacock’s 4-month exclusive window.
Before the US release, the film also had a red carpet screening at the Ace Hotel Los Angeles. It is going to hit the Indian theaters on Friday, May 20, 2022, and here, it will be released in the English language only.
— Universal Pictures India (@UniversalIND) May 17, 2022
Box- Office Collection
The film is made with a budget of $ 69-80 million. As of May 13, 2022, The Bad Guys has grossed $ 59.4 million in the United States and Canada, and $92.5 million in other territories and hence, has Churned out the business of more than $ 150 million so far.
The Bad Guys Voice Cast
- Sam Rockwell as Mr. Wolf, a witty, charming, pickpocket gray wolf and the leader of the Bad Guys gang who also acts as the crew’s getaway driver
- Marc Marcon as Mr. Sanke, Mr. Wolf’s second-in-command, and best friend
- Awkwafina as Ms. Tarantula, a sharp-tongued and sarcastic expert hacker Redknee Tarantula, the smallest and only female member of the gang
- Craig Robinson as Mr. Shark, the biggest member of the gang
- Anthony Ramos as Mr. Piranha
- Richard Ayoade as Professor Rupert Marmalade IV, a pompous Guinea pig philanthropist who suggests that Mr. Wolf’s group start doing good deeds while having a villainous agenda of his own
- Barbara Goodson voices an old woman that Mr. Wolf intended to pickpocket who is later revealed to have been a disguise piloted by Marmalade
- Zazie Beetz as Diane Foxington/ The Crimson Paw, a red fox governor and Mr. Wolf’s love interest
- Alex Borstein as Misty Luggins, the hot-tempered human chief of police, determined to arrest the Bad Guys
- Candian actor and former talk-show host Lilly Singh as Tiffany Fluffit, a local human news reporter with the tendency to exaggerate her reports
The plot of the Film
The Bad Guys are the tale of a gang of notorious criminal animals that includes Mr. Wolf, Mr. Snake, Mr. Shark, and Ms. Tarantula, that after a lifetime of legendary heists are finally caught and under the tutelage of their mentor, Professor Marmalade, the dubious gang sets out to fool the world that they are turning good.
You can also watch the trailer of the film below: