Multiple videos are surfacing online that claim that Indians who are living in South Korea are facing a lot of racism. The matter is now being talked about widely, and it is important to highlight the point of how Indians are being treated in South Korea.
As per various reports, South Korea discriminates against India and South Asians in general. A video is going viral that showcases that South Korean clubs don’t allow Indians to enter the clubs.
South Korea is one of the very few countries after Western nations that are highly liked by Indians. Be it the South Korean culture or the entertainment industry, it is widely popular in India, but despite all this, the treatment Indians receive in the South Korean land is questionable.
Why Indians are banned in South Korea?
- Citizens of South Korea are disrespectful to foreigners and the videos are surfing over the internet where it is evident that Indians are not allowed in the hotels and clubs. The owners of the hotels and other places have placed banners that state that Indians are not allowed. Indians are treated as untouchables and inferiors in South Korea which is wrong and should be stopped.
- It was also reported that when Indians go for any kind of shopping the citizens of South Korea try to stop them from touching anything and if they touch anything they clean it. The kind of behavior with Indians and other foreigners has been crossing the limits and is intolerable.
- Another important point is that the people of Korea treat other people or foreigners as less beautiful and it is quite evident that the South Korean Government supports beauty standards they have even advised people and job seekers to get plastic surgery done first and then ask for a job. This kind of treatment supports racism and discrimination not only towards Indians and foreigners but also towards everyone.
- In some videos and interviews of Korean people, it was seen that Koreans say that they hate Indians and even mock Indians. The level of hate for Indians in the minds of Koreans is very high which causes discrimination.
- The language barrier between foreigners and Koreans creates misunderstanding. The Koreans do not have much knowledge about Indians, their language, and Indian culture, which immensely affects the relationship between the two. There is a lack of information between a Korean and an Indian due to which people form a wrong perception.
There are good and bad people everywhere, and even in India, several people from other countries and even from our own north-eastern state face discrimination. But it tarnishes the image of a nation, so be it the government or anyone else, they need to make sure such things don’t happen to anyone.