Practice is the key to scoring a high rank in the UPSC CDS 2023 Exam. Before starting the preparation journey, candidates must analyze the UPSC CDS 2023 Exam Pattern to understand the weightage of each section. This will help the candidates in structuring their preparation strategy in the right manner. This article will guide the candidates through experts’ and toppers’ perspectives. The tips and tricks given in this article will help the candidates in analyzing each section and will give a clear idea of How to crack the UPSC CDS 2023 Exam in depth.
CDS 2023 Exam Sections
Before moving forward, candidates must keep UPSC CDS 2023 Exam Syllabus handy to understand each section of the exam. The question will consist of objective-type questions. This will help the candidates in prioritizing each section accordingly.
|INA, IMA, and IAFA||Elementary Mathematics|
CDS 2023 Exam (Section-Wise) Preparation Strategy
Scoring high marks in each section require a good study plan. We have included important tips and tricks for each section that will help the candidates in acing the CDS 2023 exam. Candidates are advised to start their preparation now. With dedication and consistency, candidates can cover the syllabus within 4-5 months.
Elementary Mathematics Preparation Strategy
This section will comprise questions from various sections of Mathematics such as Average, Algebra, Quadratic Equation, Speed, and more. Candidates must study as per the syllabus to cover the topics relevant to the exam. Below are some of the tips and tricks that will help the candidates in preparing for this section.
- Start with easy questions and concepts such as Fractions, Percentages, and Linear Equation.
- Make a notebook for important formulas and equations.
- Memorize numbers, fractions, and Percentages that are often used in calculations.
- Dedicate at least 15 minutes to improving Calculations and Accuracy.
- Practice 5 miscellaneous questions from each section daily.
- Solve 1 mock test daily within a limited Time Frame.
- Analyze questions from the previous year’s paper and start solving similar questions.
English Preparation Strategy
This section will assess the vocabulary and grammatical skills of the candidates. The questions from this section will be moderate and can help the candidates score high marks. To ace, this section candidates must follow the tips and tricks given below.
- Start with basic grammar concepts such as Tenses, Adjectives, Adverbs, Verbs, and Nouns.
- Make Notes on each topic.
- Read English Newspapers like The Hindu, Times of India, and The Economic Times.
- Analyze Errors in Sentences and try to correct them.
- Practice 10 questions from Grammar Exercises.
- Memorize 5 new words daily for improving Vocabulary Skills.
- Solve Questions from the Previous Year’s Question Paper and Analyze the Pattern of Questions.
- Read English Novels, Articles, and Magazines for at least 30 minutes daily.
General Knowledge Preparation Strategy
Candidates must keep themselves aligned with day-to-day events related to Sports, General Science, Military Awards, News, Politics, National, Current Affairs, and International News. Reading Newspapers daily is one of the key habits every candidate must build while preparing for this section.
- Read Newspapers, Magazines, and Articles related to National and International Events.
- Write down 5 Current Affairs Daily and Memorize them.
- Memorize military awards and try to understand their significance.
- Watch News Channels and try to memorize the events in the form of stories.
- Analyze questions from the previous year’s question papers and make a list of repeated questions.
Tips and Tricks to Crack CDS 2023 SSB Interview
There is no single method to crack UPSC CDS 2023 SSB Interview. Candidates are advised to score high marks on the written test. Candidates should be calm and composed while giving the interview. Only candidates with sharp mental, verbal, and non-verbal abilities will crack the CDS 2023 SSB Interview.
- Discuss the current events with your Friends and Families. This will enhance the candidate’s Group Discussion Skills.
- Try to write at least 1 story daily by observing Patterns and Pictures.
- Work on Communication Skills.
- Behave like Army Officers in day-to-day life.
- Take Personality Development Classes from various online sources.
- Read about Current Topics and start discussing them in groups.
Additional Preparation Tips
Candidates can use these additional tips for acing the UPSC CDS 2023 Exam.
- Prepare with the help of the best UPSC CDS 2023 Preparation Books.
- Develop Time Management Skills and Prioritize Each Section.
- Candidates must analyze their weak and Strong Areas.
- Focus on weak areas and dedicate enough time to master them.
- Take advice from previous year toppers through various online platforms.
- Study with the help of online sources such as Youtube.
CDS 2023 Exam Preparation Strategy FAQs
Candidates are advised to start their preparation now. With consistency and dedication, candidates can ace the exam in 5-6 months.
No, candidates are advised to follow the best preparation tips and tricks given in the article above. This will help the candidates in easing their preparation journey.
Candidates should remain calm and composed while giving the SSB Interview.
Candidates can prepare with the help of the best UPSC CDS 2023 Preparation books for acing this exam.
The easiest way to crack the UPSC CDS 2023 exam is by following the tips and tricks given in the article above.
Is it possible to pass the CDS exam in 4-5 months?
Absolutely, by following some of the key advice provided above, it is feasible to pass the CDS exam in 4-5 months.
Should I start studying for the remaining topics in the last few days before the CDS written exam?
During the final few days, applicants should concentrate on reviewing material and taking practice exams.
Is it required to answer the questions from prior years’ tests?
Candidates can learn the format of the questions and improve the predictability of the themes covered in the test by completing samples and previous year’s question papers.
What is the selection procedure for the exam?
Four rounds comprise the Selection:
Validation of the documents.
And the aspirants’ final phase is a medical checkup.