The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has released a total of 9360 vacancies to recruit both male and female applicants for various posts as constable (Technical & Tradesmen) and male applicants for the post of constable tradesmen (Pioneer Wing).
latest Jobs & Education के लिए सब्स्क्राइब करें
The Application Form was released on March 27, 2023, and is available for all interested candidates to visit and apply on the official website of the CRPF.
CRPF Constable 2023 Recruitment
The Central Reserve Police Force is the largest Central Armed Police Force in India, which is giving a golden opportunity to all those eligible candidates aspiring to serve the nation via CRP Constable 2023 Recruitment.
The CRPF released the vacancies along with the notification for several posts under Constable (Technical & Tradesmen) for both male and female and constable tradesmen (Pioneer Wing) for only males on March 15, 2023.
CRPF Constable 2023 Highlights
The information given below will help the candidates get a better understanding of CRPF Constable recruitment 2023:
|Name of Exam||CRPF Constable|
|Conducting Body||Central Reserved Police Force (CRPF)|
|Name of Post||Constable (Technical & Tradesman) & Pioneer Wings|
|Vacancies||9212 + 148= 9360|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Selection Process||Computer Based Test|
Physical Standard Test(PST)
Physical Efficiency Test(PET)
|Language||Hindi & English|
CRPF Constable 2023 Notification (PDF)
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) is ready to recruit applicants for various posts as constable (Technical & Tradesmen) for both male and females and constable tradesmen (Pioneer Wing) for only males.
The CRPF released the official notification for Constable recruitment on March 15, 2023. As per the notification, the application window, which was opened on March 27, 2023, will be closed on March 27 until May 2. All interested applicants are required to apply online before the last date for application.
The notification is available on the official website of the CRPF. The notification provides information regarding the eligibility criteria, vacancies & posts, online application, and more.
Click here to download CRPF Constable 2023 Notification PDF
CRPF Constable 2023 Important Dates
The dates related to the recruitment of CRPF Constables in 2023 are given below:
|Notification Release Date||15th March 2023|
|Commencement of Online Application||27th March 2023|
|Last Date of Online Application||2nd May 2023 (extended)|
|Last Date of Fee Submission||2nd May 2023|
|Admit card for Computer Based Test||20th to 25th June 2023|
|Computer Based Test Exam Date||1st to 13th July 2023 (Tentative Date)|
|Computer Based Test Result||To be Notified|
CRPF Constable 2023 Vacancies
Earlier, the CRPF had released a total of 9212 vacancies for different departments under Constable (Technical & Tradesmen) for both males and females, and 11 vacancies for Constable Tradesmen (Pioneer Wings).
The CRPF has increased the number of vacancies by adding 148 new vacancies in Group C (non-gazetted Ministerial post).
The table below shows the distribution of vacancies in different departments of Constable (Technical & Tradesmen) for both males and females.
|Motor Mechanic Vehicle||544||–|
|Constable (Technical & Tradesmen)||9105||107||9212|
|Constable (Pioneer Wings)||11||11|
CRPF Constable 2023: Apply Online
The CRPF released the application link on March 27, 2023, and the last date to apply was April 25, 2023, which has now been extended to May 2, along with the last date for fee submission.
Interested candidates who have not applied yet can do so through the official website of the CRPF, crpf.gov.in, or through the link provided below.
CRPF Constable 2023: Steps to Apply Online
The mode of application is online; therefore, a candidate needs to follow the following steps to fill out and submit the application form:
- Visit the official website of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) at crpf.nic.in.
- On the homepage of the CRPF, click on “Recruitment Portal of the CRPF.”
- A new page will appear; now click on “Applying to the various posts of (Technical and Tradesman) in CRPF.”
- A new page will appear; now click on “To register” .
- Fill in the required details in the form and the post you are applying for.
- Choose your preferred exam city centre.
- Pay the required application fee and attach the required documents in the prescribed format.
- Save and download the CRPF Application Form 2023 for future reference.
Some Additional Documents
It is mandatory for a candidate to bring in the admit card for different rounds of exams. They must also bring at least two passport-size recent colour photographs and one of the original, valid photo IDs listed below, as well as the date of birth printed on the admit card.
- Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar, or
- Voter’s ID Card or
- Driving Licence or
- PAN Card or
- Passport or
- Employer ID Card (Govt./ PSU/Private) or
- Any other photo-bearing ID card issued by the Central/State Government.
CRPF Constable 2023 Application Fee
The last step in the online application is fee submission. A candidate needs to pay fees according to the category that is explained below:
It is a nonrefundable fee paid online only through various options like UPI, Netbanking, credit card, debit card (Maestro/Visa/MasterCard/Rupay), IMPS, cash cards, and mobile wallets.
CRPF Constable 2023 Admit Card
Candidates can download their admit cards through the official website. The Admit card is a compulsory document that a candidate needs to bring in to be able to appear in the exam. Admit cards for all stages of the examination will be issued only online.
The process to download the admit card for CG Police is explained below:
- Visit the official website of the CRPF at crpf.nic.in.
- Search for and click on the link to the CRPF Constable admit card on the home page.
- A new page will open now, fill in the required details to download the admit card.
- Click on the submit button.
- The admit card will appear on the screen.
- Download and take a printout.
CRPF Constable 2023 Eligibility
A candidate must fulfil the following eligibility criteria to be able to fill out the application form.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must hold a domicile/PRC of State/Union Territory as the vacancies are State/UT wise.
The age limit set by the CRPF for posts under Constable is
- Driver: 21 years to 30 years (as on 01/08/2023).
- Others: 18 years to 26 years (as on 01/08/2023). (MMV/ Cobbler/ Carpenter/ Tailor/ Brass Band/ Pipe Band/ Bugler/ Gardner/ Painter/ Cook/ Water Carrier / Washerman /Barber /Safai Karamchari /Mason /Plumber /Electrician)
The age relaxation provided to different categories under government guidelines is:
|Un-Reserved (Children & Dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat)||5 years|
|OBC (Children & Dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat)||8 years|
|SC/ST (Children & Dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat)||10 years|
|Post||Educational Qualification||Technical Qualification|
|CT/Driver||Matric or equivalent from a recognized Board, or university recognized by the Central or State Govt.||Heavy Transport Vehicle Driving License and should pass the driving test at the time of recruitment.|
|CT/ Mechanic Motor Vehicle||Matriculate or 10th Class pass in 10+2 examination system from a recognized board or equivalent.||(a) 02 years Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) certificate in Mechanic Motor Vehicle recognized by National or State Council for Vocational training or any other recognized institution and one year practical experience in the field of concerned trade OR(b) National or State apprenticeship certificate in Mechanic Motor Vehicle trade of three year duration from a recognized institution and one year practical experience in the field of concerned Trade.|
|For all other Tradesmen||Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Board, or university recognized by the Central or State Govt.||Must be proficient and work in respective trades.|
|(Pioneer Wing) CT(Mason /Plumber/ Electrician )||Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Board.||(a) One year experience in respective trades like Masonry or Plumbing or 11 Electrician. (b) Preference will be given to those having a certificate of trade from a recognized Industrial Training Institute.|
CRPF Constable 2023 Selection Process
The recruitment in CRPF is done through different rounds. A candidate who clarifies one round will automatically become eligible for the next round. A candidate must qualify all the rounds to be able to be appointed. The rounds are as follow:-
- Computer Based Test
- Physical Standard Test(PST)
- Physical Efficiency Test(PET)
- Trade Test
- Document Verification
- Detailed Medical Examination(DME)
- Review Medical Examination(RME)
CRPF Constable 2023 Exam Pattern
The detailed exam pattern for CRPF Constable 2023 is mentioned below:
Computer-Based Test (CBT)
The computer based test will be conducted online and will be automatically submitted when the allotted time is over. This exam consists of four sections – General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Knowledge & Awareness, Elementary Mathematics and English/Hindi.
- It consists of Objectives (Multiple Choice Questions).
- The paper comprises 100 questions with 1 mark each.
- It is condcuted in English and Hindi only.
- The questions in the CBT will be at the matriculation level.
- Marks scored by candidates in CBT will be normalised and such normalised scores will be used to determine final merit and cutoff marks.
- Negative marking of 0.25 or ¼ for a wrong attempt.
- The total time allotted is 2 hours.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
|General Knowledge & Awareness||25||25|
Physical Standard Test(PST)
The candidates that qualify the computer-based test are called for the next stage of recruitment, i.e., PST, PET, Trade Test, and Document Verification, which will be conducted at various centres of the CRPF.
- The candidates shortlisted for PST and PET will be asked to go through biometric verification, followed by PST, PET, and the Trade Test.
- The PST includes measurements of height, weight, and chest (as applicable).
- The weight of a candidate should be proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.
Physical Standard Criteria set by the CRPF for the post of constable (Technical & Tradesmen) is as follows:
|Category||Height- Male (in cms)||Height- Female (in cms)||Chest Male (in cms)|
|General||170||155||Normal -77 |
Expanded – 82
|All candidates belonging to Schedule tribes||162.5||150||Normal -76|
Expanded – 81
|All Schedule Tribe candidates of North-Eastern States (NE States)||157||147||Normal -77 |
Expanded – 82
|All schedule tribe candidates of Left Wing Extremism affected districts||160||147||Normal -77 |
Expanded – 82
|Candidates falling in the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to the States/UTs of Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh||165||155||Normal -78|
Expanded – 83
|Candidates hailing from the North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura||162.5||152.5||Normal -77 |
Expanded – 82
|Candidates hailing from the Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) comprising of the three SubDivisions of Darjeeling District namely Darjeeling, Kalimpong and Kurseong and includes the following “Mouzas” SubDivision of these Districts: (1) Lohagarh Tea Garden (2) Lohagarh Forest (3) Rangmohan (4) Barachenga (5) Panighata (6) ChotaAdalpur(7) Paharu(8) Sukna Forest (9) Sukna Part-I (10) Pentapati Forest-I (11) Mahanadi Forest (12) Champasari Forest (13) SalbariChhatpart-II (14) Sitong Forest (15) Sevoke Hill Forest (16) Sevoke Forest (17) ChhotaChenga (18) Nipania.||157||152.5||Normal -77 |
Expanded – 82
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
The next round after PST is the Physical Efficiency Test. All the candidates have to clear the PET (race) within a time limit to be qualified for the next round.
|CT/Driver,Motor Mechanic Vehicle, Gardner, Painter, Carpenter, Brass Band, Pipe Band, Cobbler, Tailor & Bugler||05 Kms in 24 mins||1.6 Kms in 8 mins & 30 secs|
|CT/Cook/Water Carrier, Barber & HairDresser, Washer man & Washer women, Safai Karmchari||1.6 Kms in 10 mins||1.6 Kms in 12 mins|
|(For Pioneer Wing) CT/Mason CT/Plumber CT/Electrician||1.6 Kms in 09 mins||–|
|(For Pioneer Wing) CT/Mason CT/Plumber CT/Electrician||800 metres in 5 mins||–|
Note: There is no vacancy in Ladakh (UT) for the post of Constable (Technical/Tradesmen).
The candidates who qualify in CBT, PST and PET will be shortlisted for the Trade Test.
- The Trade test will be conducted through practical assessment and will be qualifying in nature.
- The marks for the practical Trade Test is 50, out of which a candidate must secure 20 to qualify.
- During the Trade test, a candidate will be asked to perform any activity or skill in accordance with the post he/she has applied for.
Candidates who qualify in the CBT, PST, PET, and trade test will have to report for Document Verification. The candidates are advised to carry the original documents along with self-attested photocopies of the same with them at the time of reporting to Recruitment Centre. The Documents to be verified are:
- Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate to prove age, name, and educational qualification.
- Domicile Certificate/Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) issued by the competent authority.
- Certificate from Local Authority or Caste Certificate (as applicable).
- Driving licence of candidates who have applied for the post of CT/Driver.
- ITI Certificate/experience certificate of candidates who have applied for the post of CT/MMV (fitter).
Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
The shortlisted candidates will be called for the next round, where they will be medically examined by the Medical Officer/Medical Board constituted by the CRPF for physical and medical fitness.
- Medical tests (X-ray & Laboratory) are conducted on only those candidates who are found fit after the initial medical examination.
- Candidates must not have a knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein, or squint in their eyes.
- They must be in sound mental and physical health to serve.
- Candidates must be medically fit and free of any eye defects.
Review Medical Examination (RME)
RME of candidates is conducted in continuation of DME, preferably on the next day of DME.
The candidates declared unfit during Detailed Medical Examination (DME) will be allowed to undergo Review Medical Examination (RME).
- The Review Medical Board examines the candidate specifically for the deficiency for which the candidate has been declared unfit during DME
- If the candidate is found fit in RME, his name will be included in the list of medically fit candidates for preparing the final merit list.
- Without spectacles, one eye’s vision should be 6/6.
CRPF Constable 2023 – Syllabus
The CRPF Constable paper is divided into four sections, comprising a total of 100 questions worth one mark each. The syllabus for this section is as follows:
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualisation, spatial orientation, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding etc.|
|General Knowledge & Awareness||Current Affairs, Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Science, General Policy, Indian Constitution, Scientific Research|
|Elementary Mathematics||Number Systems, Computation of whole numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and work|
|English/Hindi||Basic English/Hindi – basic comprehension|
CRPF Constable 2023 Results
The CRPF has not released the date of the result for the computer-based test, but the results of the PST, PET, Trade Test, and DME will be available on the same day of the exam.
Final results will be declared by the CRPF based on the performance of candidates in the CBT subject to their qualifying the PST, PET, Trade test, Medical examination. The CRPF will declare the final result and make the scores and rankings of the candidates in the recruitment examination available on its portal.
CRPF Constable 2023: Salary and Perks
The salary of the CRPF Constable is determined by various aspects such as the location of the job, years of service, etc. The implementation of the 7th Pay Commission has brought about some changes in the salary structure.
The CRPF Constable salary per month will be between Rs. 30,000 and Rs. 35,000 as per city-based location. The CRPF Constable Basic Pay will be approximately Rs. 25,500 and Grade Pay will be Rs. 2,000, as per the 7th CPC.
Some other allowances and perks included in the salary are:
- HRA Allowances/Accommodation Facility
- Ex-gratia payment
- Education facilities for the wards of CRPF employees
- Dearness allowances
- Leave Encashment Facility
- City compensation allowances
- Detachment allowances