IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2023: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection holds the examination of IBPS Clerk 2023 for the recruitment of candidates in the clerical cadre for 11 public sector banks (PSBs).
Since this is one of the top banking exams in India, thousands of candidates appear in this exam every year, and there is always tough competition among them. Therefore, due to a limited number of vacancies and tough competition, candidates applying for the IBPS Clerk 2023 Examination must ensure that they get the best preparation tips to crack the examination.
IBPS Clerk 2023 Updates
16 Jan 2023: IBPS Exam Calendar 2023-24 Released
24 Jan 2023: Upcoming Bank Exams 2023
The preparation for the examination needs to be done in two phases of the IBPS Clerk 2023 Selection Process which includes two online tests— Preliminary and Mains Examinations. In this article, we have mentioned some preparation tips you can consider to ace your exam-preparation.
IBPS Clerk 2023 Quick Links
IBPS Clerk 2023 Exam Date Released
IBPS Clerk 2023 Eligibility Criteria
IBPS Clerk 2023 Best Preparation Books for Prelims & Mains Exams
IBPS Clerk 2023 Exam Pattern
Before starting the preparation candidates must know the IBPS Clerk 2023 Exam pattern . This will help them understand which subjects have more weightage and how to cover all the questions in the given time frame. Both exams have a 0.25-point negative marking system. The exam pattern for both prelims and mains is provided below.
IBPS Clerk 2023 Prelims Exam pattern
|Section||Total Questions||Total Mark||Time|
|English Language||35||35||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||30||30||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||30||30||20 minutes|
IBPS Clerk 2023 Main Exam Pattern
|Section||Total Questions||Total Mark||Time|
|General and finance awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|TOTAL||190||200||2hours 40 minutes|
IBPS Clerk 2023 Syllabus
One should note that not all the topics are covered in the subjects included in the IBPS Clerk recruitment exam. Most candidates make mistakes as they attempt to cover all aspects of a given subject. IBPS has set the IBPS Clerk 2023 Syllabus. The course material is the same; however, sections like current affairs and general knowledge occasionally change their structure.
IBPS Clerk Subject-Wise Preparation Tips & Strategy 2023
Aspirants who are preparing for the banking exam can follow the given tips and strategies for better preparation. A subject-wise approach will help the candidates learn all the topics included in the exam.
IBPS Clerk 2023 Preparation Tips- English Language
- For many candidates, it can be a difficult section in both the prelims and main exams. But if prepared well, this section has the potential to raise one’s score.
- Candidates should focus on their reading comprehension and vocabulary, which can be improved by regularly reading newspapers and magazines.
- Grammar is one of the important topics of this section, which includes tenses, verbs, adjectives, nouns, propositions, etc. To understand the grammar concept, candidates can refer to Wren and Martin’s Grammar Book.
- Candidates should write and learn 10-15 words daily along with their synonyms and antonyms to enhance their vocabulary.
IBPS Clerk 2023 Preparation Tips- Quantitative Aptitude
- This is the most important section, which holds the maximum marks in the main examination. In the preliminary exam, this section consists of 35 marks.
- Candidates must understand the concept of the topic covered in this section because it is one of the longer sections. Aspirants should practice 30-40 questions on daily basis to improve their time management skills.
- Aspirants should also learn shortcuts for answering questions in order to manage time for longer ones.
- Candidates should always start with easy questions. It will help them save time for difficult or long questions.
IBPS Clerk 2023 Preparation Tips- Reasoning Ability
- Reasoning ability tests the logical and analytical mind. This is the common section in both prelims and main exams.
- Candidates should focus on topics such as seating arrangement, puzzles, ranking and order.
- There is no shortcut for improving reasoning ability, so candidates must solve 30 to 40 questions daily to improve their speed.
- The reasoning section has 50 questions in the main test and 35 questions in the preliminary examination.
- Syllogisms, direction sense, coding-decoding, inequalities, and input-output are some of the easy topics in this section.
IBPS Clerk 2023 Preparation Tips- Computer Aptitude
- This section is combined with reasoning ability in the main exam.
- This is among the easiest sections of IBPS Clerk, as the syllabus for computer aptitude is not vast. Candidates should learn all the fundamentals of computers and computer-related terminology.
- The operating system, input-output devices, Microsoft Office, networking, the internet, RAM, hardware and software devices, and DBMS are all components of the computer’s capabilities, which candidates have to learn thoroughly.
IBPS Clerk 2023 Preparation Tips- General Awareness
- This area covers subjects including banking news, financial news, current issues, financial institution headquarters, government initiatives, static awareness, awards, and honours.
- General awareness is part of the main exam, which consists of 50 marks. Candidates can get full marks in this section if they keep up with current events and static general knowledge.
- Candidates should learn all the banking abbreviations. It may look easy, but it can become difficult to remember all of them. Therefore candidates should daily learn 10 abbreviations.
- Reading Newspapers and magazines makes the task easy for candidates.
Expert Tips for IBPS Clerk Preparation 2023
1. Make Time Table
Candidates should create a timetable that covers all of the subjects after they are familiar with the exam format and syllabus. A timetable should be prepared topic-wise. This will help candidates avoid the last-minute hustle.
2. Make a Study Plan
Candidates should not rush to complete the syllabus of the IBPS Clerk exam. Doing this will not be appropriate for their preparation. Candidates should therefore split each subject down into topics and subtopics. This will help them learn the concept and basics of each section.
3. Take Mock Test
A mock test is crucial for candidates since it will enable them to comprehend the format of the test. Candidates can only learn about their speed for answering questions and their mistakes by taking a mock test. The focus and speed of candidates would improve after taking the regular mock test.
4. Preparation Books
Candidates should start their preparation with updated and top IBPS Clerk 2023 Preparation Books. This will help the candidates gear up their preparations. It will be difficult for candidates to understand the concept if they refer to different books. Applicants should purchase books subject-wise.
The most crucial phase of preparation is revision. Revision is advised for candidates after finishing each topic, each subject, and the mock test as well. The revision will help candidates focus on their weak sections and topics. Aspirants should incorporate revision time into their schedules.
If candidates follow the tips and strategies given above, they will surely perform well in the exam. Note that the IBPS Clerk recruitment exam is time-bound, so candidates need to focus on time management skills.
IBPS Clerk Preparation Strategy 2023 FAQ
Ans- Although each section is important but quantitative aptitude and reasoning are tough and need more attention than the other sections.
Ans- Three to four months will be enough for the preparation.
Ans- Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
I currently hold a job. How should my IBPS Clerk preparation be organized?
A year in advance is recommended for starting your planning. Reserved at least one or two hours per day for your studies. Spend the weekend or a holiday doing extensive research.
I’m a BSc student. Can I apply to be an IBPS Clerk?
Yes, Applicants for the IBPS Clerk position may come from any degree.
How can I clarify my understanding of the IBPS Clerk exam’s Quantitative Aptitude section?
It’s crucial to understand the concepts in order to prepare for the Quantitative Aptitude section. By reading through your high school mathematics textbooks, you can clarify your understanding.
IBPS RRB last year’s question papers: Are they helpful?
Solving IBPS RRB previous year’s question papers is beneficial because it gives candidates an idea of the questions to expect.
In the IBPS Clerk exam, is there a limit to the number of attempts?
No, there is no limit to the number of times you can take the IBPS Clerk exam till you are eligible.