IBPS PO 2023 Exam Date Out: The Institute has officially released the Exam dates for IBPS PO Exam 2023. The Preliminary exam will be conducted on the 23rd, 30th September 2023 and 1st October 2023 & the Mains Exam are scheduled on 5th November 2023.
latest Jobs & Education के लिए सब्स्क्राइब करें
IBPS PO 2023 Latest News
16-Jan-2023- IBPS Exam Calendar 2023-24 Release
IBPS PO 2023 Notification PDF
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection released its 2023-24 Exam Calendar and announced the exam dates for various exams such as IBPS PO 2023, IBPS Clerk 2023, IBPS SO 2023 & IBPS RRB 2023 on 16 January 2023 (Check- IBPS PO 2023 Important Dates).
The organisation is expected to release the notification for the IBPS PO 2023 recruitment on its official website at ibps.in in the last week of July 2023. The notification pdf comprises all important details regarding the recruitment such as the eligibility criteria, vacancies, application process, selection process etc.
We will active the direct link of the IBPS PO 2023 Notification PDF as soon as the organisation releases it:
Click here to download IBPS PO 2023 notification PDF (Inactive)
IBPS PO 2023 Related Links
|IBPS PO 2023 Exam Pattern||IBPS PO 2023 Best Preparation Books|
|IBPS PO 2023 Syllabus||IBPS PO 2023 Best Preparation Strategy|
About IBPS PO 2023
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has been conducting the IBPS PO exam every year to select Probationary Officers/Management trainees for various public sector banks since 2011. The IBPS PO 2023 is the 13th edition of the recruitment.
IBPS officers’ recruitment and training services for these PSB. A probationary officer is an entry-level post in the banking management officer cadre.
After the selection, PO serves a probation period of 2 years. They act as a public relations officer in their branch and also handle all the finance and loan-related documentation.
The IBPS PO exam is among the top banking exams in India. The selection of candidates is based on a preliminary examination followed by the main exam and an interview.
The exam is conducted every year and more than four to five lakh candidates from all over India appear for the examination. It is conducted online only in various locations throughout India.
IBPS PO 2023 Important Dates
IBPS PO has released the IBPS PO 2023 Exam Calendar on their official website. As per the announcement, the prelims exam will be conducted in the month of September 2023. Candidates can check the tentative dates for the exam in the table below.
|IBPS PO 2023 Exam Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Notification Release Date||Last Week of July 2023|
|Commencement of Online Application||Last Week of July 2023|
|Last Date of Online Application||August 2023|
|Preliminary Exam Admit Card Release Date||September 2023|
|Preliminary Exam Date||23 September 2023|
30 September 2023
01 October 2023
|Preliminary Exam Result Date||October 2023|
|Mains Exam||5 November 2023|
|Result of Main Exam||December 2023|
|Declaration of Result||April 2024|
IBPS PO 2023 Application Process
Candidates have to complete the application procedure in 3 steps that are Registration, uploading documents and application filling and submission. After the release of the application the IBPS PO 2023 apply online link will be activated here. Candidates can follow the given steps to complete their application form.
- Visit the official website of the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, ibps.in.
- Select the link for “Click Here to Apply Online for CWE Probationary Officers/ Management Trainee (CWE PO/ MT)”.
- Search and select the “New Registration” button on the homepage.
- Enter valid details such as name, phone number, email id and security code.
- After successful registration, a registration number and password will be generated.
- Candidates will get the login conditional on their registered email number.
- Upload the scanned copy of the following -passport-size photo, signature, thumb impression and hand declaration.
- Fill in the details in the application form which includes basic details, education qualification and experience, and preference.
- Review the details in the application form and submit it.
- Once you submit the application, pay the applicable charges.
- Download and take a printout of it.
|IBPS PO 2023 Online Application Process||Click here (Inactive)|
IBPS PO 2023 Application Fee
Candidates have to pay the nominal charge that varies from category to category. The fee can be paid via debit cards, credit cards, net banking, IMPS, and cash cards/ mobile wallets.
- General/OBC/EWS – Rs. 850/-
- SC/ST/PWD – Rs. 175/-
IBPS PO 2023 Vacancy
The number of vacancies varies each year as per the requirements of the banks. Each participating bank will provide the vacancies separately to IBPS.
It is important to note that vacancies will be announced category-wise. Let’s take a look at the number of vacancies announced by IBPS for probationary officers in recent years.
- IBPS PO 2019: 4252.
- IBPS PO 2020: 4336.
- IBPS PO 2021: 4135.
- IBPS PO 2022: 6432 + 1500 = 8432
- IBPS PO 2023: To be announced soon.
The category-wise vacancies for IBPS PO 2022 are mentioned below:
|Total||6932 + 1500 increased vacancies = 8432|
IBPS PO 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Those aspirants who want to make their career as probationary officers need to check and fulfil the IBPS PO 2023 eligibility criteria such as nationality, educational qualification, age limit, and age relaxations.
- Candidates must be citizens of India or subjects of Nepal or Bhutan.
- Refugees from Tibet who arrived in India before January 1, 1962.
- Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma (Myanmar), Vietnam, Sri Lanka, and East African nations such as Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zaire, or Ethiopia.
- Candidates must have completed their graduation in any discipline from any recognized university.
- AIME and departmental courses from the government are also accepted and are equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
- There are no percentage criteria stated by the institute. Individual banks determine the percentage criteria.
- The minimum age limit for candidates is 20 years.
- The maximum age of candidates should not be more than 30 years.
- SC/ST, ex-servicemen will get an age relaxation of 5 years.
- OBC non-creamy layer will get 3 years of age relaxation.
- PwD candidates will get an age relaxation of 10 years.
IBPS PO 2023 Selection Process
IBPS PO 2023 selection process is divided into three stages: the preliminary exam, the main exam, and the interview. The preliminary examination is conducted for shortlisting.
The final section is based on the results of the mains and interviews. Candidates who qualify in all stages will be placed as probationary officers in PSB.
The preliminary exam is conducted to shortlist the candidates. The exam is conducted online, and there are 100 questions altogether in 3 sections of the paper.
The exam will be of the objective type with multiple-choice questions. Candidates will get 60 minutes to complete the examination. There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect question.
Candidates who meet the cutoff for the preliminary examination will be shortlisted for the main examination. The main exam consists of both objective and descriptive-type questions. Altogether, there are 5 sections with a total of 225 marks.
Candidates will be given 3 hours to complete the objective section and 30 minutes to complete the descriptive section. There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect question.
Those who will clear the main exam will be called for the final round, which is the IBPS PO interview. The interview consists of 100 marks, out of which candidates have to score a minimum of 40 points (for UR) and 35 points (for reserved categories) to be included in the merit list.
The interview will be conducted by participating banks. The duration of the interview is 15–20 minutes. Candidates need to carry all the required documents, such as IBPS PO call letter, mark sheets, cast certificate etc. along with their photocopies for background checks and verification.
IBPS PO 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates who plan to take the exam should review the IBPS PO 2023 exam pattern and format so they can adjust their preparation plans. For wrong responses, there will be a 0.25 mark deduction. The main exam will include both objective and descriptive-type questions, whereas the preliminary exam will only contain objective-type questions.
Preliminary Exam Pattern
The prelims exam consists of 3 sections -General English, Numeric Ability and Reasoning Ability
|IBPS PO Prelims exam Section||Total Questions||Total Mark allotted||Time|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numeric Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Mains Exam Pattern
The main exam is divided into two parts objective and descriptive. The objective part includes 4 sections – Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, English Language, Data Analysis and Interpretation and General, Economy and banking awareness. whereas the descriptive part has one section of English (Letter writing and essay).
|Question Type||IBPS PO Mains Exam Section||Total Questions||Total Marks Allotted||Time|
|Objective Type Questions|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General, Economy and banking awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|Descriptive Exam (Written)||English |
(Letter writing and essay)
|Total||157||225||3 Hours 30 minutes|
IBPS PO 2023 Exam Syllabus
Knowing the complete IBPS PO 2023 Syllabus is important for passing the IBPS PO exam. The IBPS PO 2022 Preliminary Exam and Mains Exam have slightly distinct syllabuses. Let’s look at the course materials for these two IBPS PO Exam phases.
Preliminary Examination Syllabus
- English Language: reading comprehension, spotting errors, the cloze test, fill in the blanks, jumbles, and paragraph completion
- Numerical Ability: simplification, profit loss, mixtures and allegations, SI, CI, work and time, time and distance, mensuration, data interpretation, number system, sequence and series, ratio and proportion, permutation, proportion, and probability.
- Reasoning Ability: alphanumeric series, logical reasoning, ranking, detection, alphabet test, coded inequalities, data sufficiency, puzzle, seating arrangement, blood relation, input-output, tabulation, syllogism, coding-decoding.
Mains Examination Syllabus
- Reasoning and computer aptitude: verbal reasoning, syllogisms, scheduling, double line up, direction and distance, ordering and ranking, coding inequalities, blood relations, data sufficiency, the internet, memory, keyboard shortcuts, computer software (Microsoft Office), operating systems, networking, and computer fundamentals.
- English Language: Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Para Jumbles Vocabulary, Fill in the blanks, Sentence improvement and Verbal Ability
- Data Analysis and Interpretation: Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular, Caselet, Radar/Web, Pie Chart, Quadratic Equations, Arithmetic Problems, Approximation, Simplification, and Data Sufficiency
- General, Economic, and Banking Awareness: Finance Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Knowledge, Government Schemes and Policies, Banking Awareness
IBPS PO 2023 Preparation Books
Candidates should select the IBPS PO 2023 top preparation book that covers the latest exam questions as per the needs of the exam. Aspirants should be well aware of the exam pattern and syllabus before starting their preparation.
The main subjects covered in the IBPS PO exam are English, quantitative aptitude, reasoning, computer knowledge, general awareness, and banking awareness. The books that help applicants to speed up their preparation are provided in the given table.
|Subject||Book Name||Author Name|
|English||English Grammar & Composition||Wren and Martin|
|Word Power Made Easy||Normal Lewis|
|Descriptive General English||S P Bakshi and Richa Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examination||The Pearson Guide|
|Rapid Quantitative Aptitude with Shortcuts & Tricks||Disha Publication|
|Data interpretation||Arun Sharma|
|Reasoning Ability||A Modern Approach Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||RS Agarwal|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal||B.S. Sijwali and Indu Sijwali|
|Verbal Reasoning||K Kundan|
|General Awareness||Manohar Pandey Book||Arihant Publications|
|Banking Awareness||B.K Raut and S.R Behera|
|Guide to Banking General Awareness||R Gupta|
|Computer Awareness||Objective Computer Awareness||Somya Ranjan Behera|
|Objective Computer Knowledge & Literacy||Kiran Publications|
|Computer Awareness||Arihant Publications|
IBPS PO 2023 Admit Card
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will release the IBPS PO 2023 admit card for probationary officers/management trainees on their official website.
The admit card will contain details related to exam centres, cities, locations, and the timing of the exam. Candidates are advised to print and bring the hard copy of the admit card, along with the ID proof and two photographs, to the exam centre.
On-release candidates should follow the instructions below to obtain their admit card.
- Visit IBPS’s official website.
- On the left side of the homepage, find and select the tab “CRP PO/MT.”
- Click on the “common recruitment process for PO/MT” tab.
- A new page will appear on your screen.
- Click on the link for the “online exam admit card for CRP PO/MT.”
- Log in with your registration number, DOB, and password.
- The IBPS PO Mains Admit Card will appear on your screen.
- Download and take a print of your admit card.
IBPS PO 2023 Result
Regardless of their performance in the main exam, candidates must score at least 40 out of 100 in the interview to be included on the merit list.
The ratio between the main examination and the interview is 80:20.Candidates can check their IBPS PO 2023 result using their roll number/ registration number and DOB.
After conducting all the rounds of IBPS PO examinations, the authorities will release the merit list of candidates who are qualified. A list of candidates who received provisional allotments will be announced on the official website of ibps.in.
A scorecard will be published first, and then the provisional allotment information for the shortlisted candidates will be announced.
IBPS PO 2023 Cut-Off
The IBPS PO 2023 cut-off marks are the minimum score that candidates must get in order to qualify for the IBPS PO exam and move on to the next stage of selection. There are three cutoffs that are announced following each exam stage: preliminary, main, and interview (the final cut-off).
The IBPS PO 2023 cut-off is prepared based on the following factors:
- Number of candidates appearing in the exam
- The level of difficulty of the examination
- Marks obtained in the exam
- number of vacancies
Major Banks Participating in IBPS PO Recruitment 2023
The 11 Public sector banks that participate in IBPS PO Recruitment 2023 are:
- Punjab National Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Canara Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of India
- Central Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- UCO Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
IBPS PO 2023 FAQs
Ans- The IBPS will release the IBPS PO 2023 notification in July/August 2023 on their official website.
Ans-The mode of the exam is online.
Ans- For the general category the age limit is 20 to 30 years. Other categories will get upper age relaxation of 3 to 10 years based on their category.
Ans-Candidates must have completed their graduation from any discipline.
Ans-The probationary officer will work as an assistant manager under junior management grade I. The candidates have to handle all the managerial work at their designated bank.
Ans-The gross salary of IBPS PO is Rs. 57,289.70
What is the IBPS PO 2023 selection procedure?
The three stages of the IBPS PO selection process are preliminary exams, main exams, and interviews. Candidates must successfully complete each stage of the process to get recruited for IBPS PO.
Does IBPS PO recruitment require any experience?
No, there’s no such experience required for IBPS P
How many banks participate in the IBPS PO recruiting process?
Every year, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) Probationary Officers (PO) test is conducted to select candidates for the Probationary Officer/Management Trainee (PO/MT) position in 11 Public Sector Banks in India.
Is IBPS PO a government job?
NO, IBPS PO is not a position in the government, The employees of these banks continue to report to their individual PSBs and not the government, while the banks are public sector banking organizations and are controlled by the Government of India.
What exactly does a Bank PO do at work?
A Probationary Officers work in a bank includes a variety of responsibilities such as,
Public relations, customer complaints, and the majority of other matters relating to customer satisfaction will be handled by the Bank PO.
He or she will be in charge of job activities like managing the branch office’s administrative employees.
Additionally, a bank PO will be responsible for overseeing loans, funds, and housing.
He or she will be in charge of managing the loan-related paperwork as well (if required).
Sir. Kis date tak 20 years hona important hai?
1st of January of that perticuar year, you need to be of the minimum eligible age to apply for the exam.
If the clear the prelimins and fail in mains then the next attempt of exam conduct from what stage?
In that case, the candidate has to re-attempt the prelims in order to qualify for Mains again.