IBPS PO 2023 Eligibility Criteria: The Institute of Banking Personnel Services (IBPS) holds the IBPS PO exam every year for the post of probationary officer/management trainee. IBPS PO 2023 Selection Process is based on a 3-tiered examination (Prelims, Mains, and interview).
IBPS has set the eligibility criteria for the IBPS PO 2023 Recruitment exam. Only those candidates who meet the eligibility requirements are advised to fill out the application for the probationary officer. The organisation will soon released the official notification for the recruitment on its official website, ibps.in.
The IBPS PO 2023 eligibility criteria, along with the documents required at the time of the interview, are provided in the given article. IBPS PO 2023 eligibility criteria will be released along with the official notification. The eligibility criteria include the following parameters:
- Age Limit
- Age Reservation
- Education Qualification
Candidates who meet all the parameters will be selected for the post of PO. Note that candidates have to submit the eligibility proving documents at the time of their interview.
IBPS PO 2023 Nationality
- Candidates should be Indian citizens OR
- Subjects of Bhutan OR
- Subjects of Nepal OR
- Refugees from Tibet who moved to India with the intention of permanent settlement before January 1, 1962 OR
- Indian-origin people who migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Myanmar, Vietnam, and East African nations such as Zambia, Zaire, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, or Ethiopia.
All candidates, apart from Indian citizens, have to submit their certificates of eligibility provided by the concerned authority under the Government of India.
IBPS PO 2023 Age Limit
The age limit set by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection for the recruitment of the IBPS PO is as follows:
- Minimum Age Limit: 20 years
- Maximum Age Limit: 30 years
Age relaxation will be provided to reserved categories as per the guidelines of the Government of India. Candidates falling under the given categories have to submit their caste certificate in order to avail of the age reservation.
|Category||IBPS PO Upper Age Relaxation|
|OBC non-creamy layer||3 years|
|1984 Riot Victims||5 years|
|PWD (Partial or Full Blindness)||10 years|
|PWD (Partial or Total Loss of Hearing)||10 years|
|PWD (Locomotor Disabilities)||10 years|
|PWD (Intellectual or Learning Disabilities, Autism and Mental Illness)||10 years|
|PWD (Multiple Concurrent Disabilities)||10 years|
IBPS PO 2023 Educational Qualification
- Candidates must have completed their graduation degree (any discipline) from any recognized university or any central government university.
- Other qualifications, such as AIME, a departmental course from the government of India that is equivalent to a bachelor’s degree, are acceptable.
- Candidates have to convert the CGPA obtained at graduation into a percentage while filling out the application form.
- 54.99% is not treated as 55%. This fraction of the percentage is ignored.
- Percentage eligibility is not stated by the IBPS.
IBPS PO 2023 Disability Reservation
- Applicants who are not from SC/ST/OBC families and have an annual income of less than 8 lac will get 10% reservation in IBPS vacancies under the economically weaker section.
- Candidates falling under this category have to produce an income and asset certificate at the time of the interview.
- Deaf and hard of hearing, blind and low vision, autism, intellectual disability, mental illness, specific learning disability, and locomotor disability, including cerebral palsy, dwarfism, muscular dystrophy, leprosy cured, and acid attack victims, will all be eligible for reservation under the PWD category.
IBPS PO 2023 Eligibility – Important Points
- After the individual banks inform the institute of the number of open positions, the number of reserved openings is announced.
- As per the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, applicants with disabilities are given preference in the IBPS PO examination.
- IBPS PO Eligibility has standards that permit the use of a scribe for candidates who are blind or visually challenged.
- Only those candidates who are more than 40% intellectually disabled, mentally ill, autistic, or have certain learning disabilities will be given a compensatory time allowance of 20 minutes per hour for the exam, regardless of whether they use the scribe services.
Those who meet all the eligibility criteria and clear all the stages of the written exam will get an interview call letter. The following list of necessary documents, together with photocopies for background checks and verification, must be carried out by candidates.
- IBPS PO call letter
- Photo Identification Proof
- Marking sheet for graduation, intermediate, and high school diplomas.
- Caste certificate issued by the concerned authority with a stamp from GoI
- EWS candidates must bring asset and income certificates issued by the GoI.
- Candidates who are serving in government or PSUs have to bring a no-objection letter from their concerned authority.
- any additional supporting documentation for eligibility.
IBPS PO 2023 Eligibility Criteria FAQs
A. No, the result of graduation must be declared before registration starts.
A. General – 30 years, OBC- 33 years, SC/ST -35 years.
A. EWS category candidates will get a 10% reservation.
A. There is no maximum limit. Candidates can apply until they reach the maximum age limit.