IBPS RRB 2023 Exam Pattern: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has announced the dates of the major banking examinations. IBPS RRB is among one of the most important banking recruitment examinations conducted by IBPS every year for the selection of eligible candidates for various posts.
With the release of the IBPS RRB 2023 Recruitment Notification, IBPS has also released all the information about the examination factors such as the IBPS RRB 2023 Syllabus, exam pattern, selection process, etc. Candidates who will appear in the exam must be aware of the updated IBPS RRB 2023 Exam pattern to strategically plan their preparation.
It is a golden opportunity for eligible candidates to build their careers in the banking sector. The IBPS RRB examination is conducted for the recruitment of Office assistants and Officer cadres in the Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) across the country. Review the detailed exam pattern along with the selection process in the given article.
IBPS RRB 2023 Quick Links
IBPS RRB 2023 Selection Process
The IBPS RRB 2023 Selection Process varies from post to post. For, IBPS RRB Office Assistant and IBPS RRB Scale I Officer, it is divided into the following stages:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
- Interview (Only for those who apply for IBPS RRN Scale I)
The selection process for IBPS RRB Scale II and III Officers comprises these two stages:
- Single Online Examination
|IBPS RRB 2023||Summary|
|Conducting Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Position||Office Assistant, Officer Scale I, II & III|
|Selection Process||Office Assistant: Preliminary and mains examinations|
Officer Scale I: Prelims, Mains & Interview
Officer Scale II & II: Single Online Examination & Interview
|Examination Dates:||Office Assistant & Officer Scale I (Pre): August 5th, 6th, 12th, 13th, 19th, 2023|
Office Assistant Mains: 16th September 2023
Officer Scale I Mains/ Officer Scale II & II Single Exam: 10th September 2023
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Education Qualification||Varies as per the post you’ve applied for|
IBPS RRB 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates applying for various positions in IBPS RRB 2023 must have a thorough understanding of the exam pattern and eligibility criteria in order to properly prepare. A proper knowledge base will make it easy for you to prepare for your examination and enhance your preparation accordingly.
IBPS RRB 2023 Preliminary Examination
The IBPS conducts the preliminary examination for only two posts- Office Assistant (Clerk) and Officer Scale I (PO). The preliminary examination is the first stage of the selection process for these two posts and the candidates.
|Total||80||80||A composite time of 45 minutes|
- The preliminary examination for IBPS RRB 2023 Clerk and PO consists of two sections: Reasoning and Numerical Ability.
- Each section comprises 40 multiple choice questions, making it a total of 80 questions comprising 1 Mark each.
- There will be no sectional timing for the examination.
- A total of 45 minutes will be allotted for the examination.
- There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- The marks obtained by candidates in prelims examination will be of a qualifying nature and will not be considered for final merit.
IBPS RRB 2023 Mains Examination
Candidates who pass the preliminary examinations from the state or UT from which they applied will be eligible to appear in the mains examination. The exam pattern for the IBPS RRB Clerk & PO mains examination/Scale II & III Single Online Examination is given below in the table.
|Quantitative Aptitude/Data Interpretation||40||50|
|General Awareness/Financial Awareness||40||40|
|Total||200||200||A composite time of 2 hours|
- The mains examination consists mainly of 5 sections: Reasoning, English/Hindi language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge.
- A total of 200 multiple-choice questions, each of 1 marks will be asked.
- There will be no section timing in the mains examination.
- A composite time of 2 hours will be provided to candidates.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- The candidates who’ve applied for the post of IBPS RRB Scale II Specialist Officer will be given an additional 30 minutes for the additional section, which is the “Professional Knowledge” section, which will consist of a total of 40 questions. That means the candidates who’ve applied for this post will be given a total of 150 minutes to solve a total of 240 questions.
IBPS RRB 2023 Interview
There is no interview round for candidates who applied for the post of IBPS RRB Office Assistant. For these candidates, final selection will be based on marks obtained in the mains examination.
Candidates who pass the Office Scale I main examination or the Office Scale II and III single examinations, on the other hand, will be invited to the interview round.
- The interview round will be conducted in various cities across the country.
- The interview session carries a total of 100 marks.
- The weightage of the Mains examination/Single examination and interview will be 80:20.
- The final selection of the candidate will be decided by the composite marks obtained by candidates in the mains and interview.
IBPS RRB 2023 FAQs
A. There will be two sections, i.e., Reasoning and Numerical Ability in the IBPS RRB 2023 examination.
A. The preliminary examination of IBPS RRB 2023 will be held on August 5th, 6th, 12th, 13th and 19th, 2023.
A. Yes, there will be a penalty of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
A. The selection process for IBPS RRB 2023 varies from post to post.