IBPS RRB Preparation Tips 2023: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) every year conducts the IBPS RRB 2023 Recruitment examination for the post of Office Assistant (Clerk) and Officer Grades (I, II & III).
Every year, thousands of applications are filed for various posts in the IBPS RRB 2023, and the candidates who successfully qualify for all stages of selection are allotted jobs in Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) across the country. Candidates must pay great attention to the exam preparation strategies. The majority of candidates commit a typical mistake by creating an unrealistic schedule for their preparation, which eventually lands them nowhere. Those candidates who are preparing for the exam can check the given articles to get an easy-to-follow toppers schedule for their preparation.
IBPS RRB 2023 Latest News
16-Jan-2023: IBPS Official Exam Calendar 2023-24 Released
24-Jan-2023: Upcoming Top Banking Exams 2023
There is always a tough competition ever year, due to the limited number of seats as well as the large number of applications being filled for the recruitment. So, it is very important for the aspirants to make and follow right preparation strategy which can help you utilise your time and ace the important topics.
There is always cutthroat competition among candidates to crack the examination and get a job in the banking sector. So, before starting their preparations, candidates must be well-informed about the necessary details regarding the examination, such as the selection process, exam pattern, syllabus, exam preparation tips, etc.
|IBPS RRB 2023 Selection Process Summary|
|Conducting Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Position||Office Assistant, Officer Scale I, II & III|
|Examination Dates:||Office Assistant & Officer Scale I (Pre): August 5th, 6th, 12th, 13th, 19th, 2023|
Office Assistant Mains: 16th September 2023
Officer Scale I Mains/ Officer Scale II & II Single Exam: 10th September 2023
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Education Qualification||Varies as per the post you’ve applied for|
Quick Links Related to IBPS RRB 2023
IBPS RRB 2023 Selection Process
The IBPS RRB 2023 selection process varies from post to post. There will be two stages of written examination for Office Assistants and Scale I Officers i.e., a preliminary and a mains examination, whereas Scale II and III Officers will have a single examination. The interview round is the finale stage of the selection process for all posts in the RRB 2023 exams except Office Assistant.
|IBPS RRB Office Assistant (Clerk)||Preliminary Examination|
|IBPS RRB Scale I Officer (PO)||Preliminary Examination|
|IBPS RRB Scale II & III Officer||Single Online Examination|
IBPS RRB 2023 Exam Pattern- Pre & Mains
The Institute of Banking Personnel section annually conducts the preliminary examination for only two posts- Office Assistant (Clerk) and Officer Scale I (PO). Check IBPS RRB 2023 exam pattern details in the tables provided below:
The preliminary examination is the first stage of the recruitment process for these two posts.
|Total||80||80||A composite time of 45 minutes|
The candidates who clear the cut-off set by the IBPS for the preliminary examination appear in the main examinations. The exam pattern for the IBPS RRB Clerk & PO Mains Examination/Scale II & III Single Online Examination is given below in the table.
|Quantitative Aptitude/Data Interpretation||40||50|
|General Awareness/Financial Awareness||40||40|
|Total||200||200||A composite time of 2 hours|
IBPS RRB 2023 Preparation Tips: Toppers Strategies
Candidates who’ve filed the application for IBPS RRB 2023 must follow these preparation tips so that they can do their exam preparation smartly and more efficiently.
1- Understand the Syllabus
If you are preparing for IBPS RRB 2023 with an aim to get selection this year, the first thing you must do is “Understand the Syllabus” of IBPS RRB. The syllabus for IBPS RRB remains almost the same every year, so you should have a better understanding of the IBPS RRB 2023 Syllabus to ease your preparation.
2- Create a Study Plan/Time Table
Creating a proper study plan or a timetable that will help you improve your preparation. Make sure you honestly abide by it every day. Don’t spend the entire day trying to solve similar questions; give more time to the subjects or topics you are weak in.
3- Choose the Right Preparation Book
Candidates applying for IBPS RRB 2023 must be aware of which book they should be to improve their preparation. Purchase IBPS RRB 2023 exam books only from reputed and reliable publishers. Before purchasing a book, you should check its reviews online. Avoid preparing a section from multiple sources, as it will only create confusion.
4- Practice Mock Tests
Practicing mock tests helps you a lot when you are preparing for online competitive exams, especially the banking exams. It helps you become habitual with the online interface, so when you actually appear in bank exams, it will be easy for you to understand the online process of the exam without any confusion.
Also, you will learn in which section you need to improve your accuracy and attempts. After giving the mock test, you must analyse it properly to acknowledge your mistakes and work on them.
Revision is the most important step to take when preparing for any exam because it helps you remember important formulas, short tricks, and other concepts you have learned so far.
IBPS RRB 2023 Preparation Strategy- Subject-Wise
To utilise your time and upgrade preparation of candidates do the subject-wise preparation of IBPS RRB 2023 exams. Identify your weak section and dedicate the bulk of your study time to that section.
Time management for each section, i.e., Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English/Hindi Language, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge, will play a crucial role improve your preparation.
- The Reasoning Ability section assesses your logical reasoning abilities, such as your ability to think rationally.
- Puzzles play an important role in your selection, so you should practice at least 2 or 3 puzzles on a daily basis to make this topic strong.
- Other important topics in the Reasoning section are Blood relation, Coding Decoding, alphanumeric series, Order ranking, seating arrangement etc
- This section consists of 40 marks on the preliminary examination and 50 marks on mains/single examination.
Quantitative Aptitude/Numerical Ability
- The first and most important thing to do in the Quant section is to get your fundamentals correct and clear; otherwise, it will be very difficult for you.
- Once you understand the basic concepts, you must start practising quizzes on topics like simplification, approximation, quadratic equation, etc.
- In addition to that, you need to have a good command over the Data Interpretation and arithmetic sections, including topics like Average, Percentage, Ratio, Ages, CI & SI, Problems on Train, Time & Distance, Time & Work, Pipe & Cisterns, Boat & Streams etc.
- This section will provide you two options. Either you can attempt the English section or the Hindi section. It is a great opportunity for those who are weak in English.
- Whichever option you opt for, you need to improve your vocabulary and understand the principles of clear grammar. If you have good reading skills, it won’t be difficult for you to crack this section.
- As there is no section timing in the IBPS RRB 2023 examination, candidates should know that the General Awareness section will save there plenty of time they could spend on other time-consuming sections like Reasoning, English, and Quant.
- You must thoroughly prepare the important topics like current affairs, static GK, financial awareness, headquarters, appointments, etc. This section will be the most beneficial to your overall score.
- This section comprises 40 questions, and the marks allotted for it are 20.
- This section comprises questions on the fundamentals of Computer, History of Computer, Basic Knowledge of Internet, Software, Hardware, shortcut keys, MS Office, Viruses, Date Base etc.
- The best way to ace this section is to preview the previous year’s questions; that will help you a lot while preparing and give you a general idea of the questions being asked in this section.
IBPS RRB 2023 Interview Preparation
- Candidates should focus more on their communication skills as it boosts your confidence and you won’t feel nervous in front on interviewers.
- Candidates must update themselves regarding the current events and banking/finance related topics.
- Candidates should have good knowledge of banking and financial terminology.
- Candidates need to be pertinent while answering the questions.
- Also, candidates can watch online classes on interview preparation.
IBPS RRB 2023 FAQs
A. A daily study of 4 to 5 hours is enough to crack IBPS RRB 2023.
A. The stages in the IBPS RRB 2023 examination vary from post to post.
A. There won’t be any descriptive tests in the IBPS RRB mains/single examination.