IBPS RRB 2023 Selection Process: The Institute of Baking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts the IBPS RRB examination every year to recruit the eligible candidates for various posts such as Office Assistant (clerk), PO, Scale II & III officer etc. in the Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) across the country.
Every year, lakhs of candidates who meet the IBPS RRB eligibility criteria appear in these examinations with the aim of getting a job in the baking sector. After completing the application process, the first thing to do is to know the IBPS RRB 2023 Selection Process along with the exam pattern, syllabus etc.
IBPS RRB 2023 Latest Notification
16-Jan-2023: IBPS Official Exam Calendar 2023-24 Released
24-Jan-2023: Upcoming Top Banking Exams 2023
Selection Process of IBPS RRB Office Assistant & Officer Scale I
The selection process for various posts in IBPS RRB 2023 is different. The selection process for IBPS RRB Office Assistant and PO is divided into the following stages:
- Preliminary examination
- Mains examination
- Personal Interview (Only for Scale I/PO)
The preliminary examination will be qualifying in nature, and the marks obtained by the candidate in this section will not be added to the final merit. The finale selection will be decided by combining the marks of Mains examination and interview only.
IBPS RRB 2023 Related Links
IBPS RRB 2023 Best Preparation Books
IBPS RRB 2023 Best Preparation Tips & Strategy
Selection Process for IBPS RRB Scale II & III
The stages involved in the selection process of IBPS RRB Scale II & III officers are as follows:
- Single Online Test
- Personal Interview
The final merit will be decided by combining the marks of candidates in the Single Online Test and Interview.
|IBPS RRB 2023 Selection Process Summary|
|Conducting Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Position||Office Assistant, Officer Scale I, II & III|
|Selection Process||Office Assistant: Preliminary and mains examinations|
Officer Scale I: Prelims, Mains & Interview
Officer Scale II & II: Single Online Examination & Interview
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Education Qualification||Varies as per the post you’ve applied for|
IBPS RRB 2023 Preliminary Examination
The preliminary examination will be held for only two posts in the RRB, i.e., IBPS RRB Office Assistant (Clerk) and IBPS RRB Scale I (Probationary Officer). You can check the IBPS RRB 2023 Exam Pattern here. The examination will be conducted online.
- The online examination of the IBPS RRB prelims comprises two sections: Reasoning and Numerical ability/Quantitative Aptitude.
- Each question asked in the preliminary examination will be of the objective type, multiple choice, comprising five options.
- A total of 80 questions will be asked in the preliminary examination, with 40 questions/section.
- There won’t be any section timing.
- The candidates will be given a composite time of 45 hours for the preliminary examination.
- There will be a penalty (negative marking) of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
IBPS RRB 2023 Prelims Exam Pattern for Clerk & Office Scale I
|Total||80||80||A Cumulative time of 45 minutes|
IBPS RRB 2023 Mains Examination
The only candidates who will be eligible to appear in IBPS RRB Mains Examination are those who qualify the cut-off for the prelims examination set by the IBPS.
- The online main examination of the IBPS RRB comprises five sections: Reasoning Ability, Quantitive Aptitude/Numerical Ability, English/Hindi languages, Computer Knowledge and General Awareness.
- A total of 200 multiple choice questions worth 200 marks will be asked in the mains examination with a total time duration of 2 hours.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
IBPS RRB 2023 Mains Exam Pattern for Clerk & Office Scale I
|Total||200||200||A Cumulative time of 2 hours|
The IBPS RRB Office Assistant candidates who successfully qualified the main examination will be called for provisional allotment, while those who qualified the main examination for IBPS RRB PO will be called for the interview round.
IBPS RRB 2023 Single Online Examination (Scale II & III)
A single online examination will be conducted for the candidates who’ve applied for the posts of IBPS RRB Scale II & III officers, and the examination pattern will be similar to IBPS RRB Scale I Mains Examination.
- Based on the post candidates have applied for, there will be different sections in the Single Online Examination for IBPS RRB Scale II & III.
- The total marks for the examination is 200, and there will be a penalty of 0.25 for each wrong answer given.
- The candidates who qualify for the IBPS RRB Single Online Examination will be called for the interview round.
IBPS RRB 2023 Interview
The interview sessions will be held for those candidates who successfully qualify the previous stages of the selection process.
- The interviews will be conducted in various locations across the country.
- The interview session will carry a total of 100 marks.
- The candidates applied from General category need to get a minimum of 40% makers to qualify whereas other categories such as SC/ST, OBC, Pwd Candidates are required to score minimum of 35% score.
The candidates who successfully qualify all three stages of the IBPS RRB 2023 examination will be provided with allotment on the desired post.
IBPS RRB 2023 Document Verification (DV)
Candidates will be called out for document verification after they clear all the necessary stages of the post they’ve applied for. They must carry following documents with them on the day of document verification:
- The printout of the IBPS RRB 2023 application form
- A document as proof of your date of birth, such as a 10th grade certificate or birth certificate issued by a municipal corporation.
- Photo identity proof
- Marks sheet of qualifications and other graduation documents
- Caste certificated issued by a competent authority in the prescribed format.
- Disability certificated issued by an authorised medical board.
- Experience letter (if applicable).
- No objection certificate (if the candidate works in a government office or any public sector undertaking).
IBPS RRB 2023 Provisional Allotment
After successfully organising all the stages of the IBPS RRB selection process, the IBPS releases the list of final allotments on its official website, ibps.in. The list released by IBPS displays the state-wise roll number of selected candidates who have been allotted posts in the Regional Rural Banks across the country.
The provisional list shows the candidate’s registration number along with the marks obtained out of 100 and the bank allotted to him/her.
IBPS RRB 2023 Selection Process FAQs
Ans. Preliminary examination, Main Examination & Interview (only for Officer Scale I) are the stages of IBPS RRB Office Assistant & Officer Scale I.
A. The selection process of IBPS RRB Scale II & III Officers consists a Single Online Examination and an Interview round.
A. There isn’t any interview round in the recruitment process of IBPS RRB Office Assistant.
Ans. The preliminary examination of the IBPS RRB 2023 will cary a total of 80 marks.
A. The IBPS RRB 2023 Mains examination will carry a total of 200 questions.
IBPS RRB PO interview: Is a CV required?
For the IBPS RRB PO interview, a resume or CV is not required. Each candidate will receive a bio-data form, which they must complete before the interview. Candidates must have the required documentation that has been provided by the exam authority.
Is the IBPS RRB exam held annually?
Yes, the IBPS RRB exam is held annually by the organization to choose qualified candidates for the positions of Office Assistant and Officers Scale I, II, and III in participating Regional Rural Banks.
Is there a maximum number of people who can take the IBPS RRB Exam?
There is no restriction on how frequently you can appear, however there is an age restriction. IBPS RRB does not have any limitations on the number of attempts.
Can a candidate apply for more than one position?
You may apply for both the position of officer grade and the position of office assistant, but you may only apply for one officer grade position.
What is the selection procedure for the 2023 IBPS RRB recruitment?
Only the preliminaries and major exams will be required of applicants for the position of office assistant. Candidates who are interested in the IBPS PO position must show up for the Prelims, Mains, and Interview rounds. Candidates must show up for the Mains and Interview rounds if they are applying for the Officer Scale Posts II and III.