IBPS SO 2023 Eligibility Criteria: Every year, for the Specialist Officer cadre, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection administers the IBPS SO Recruitment exam. The selection of candidates is based on a common recruitment process that consists of preliminary, main, and interview rounds. Before applying for the position, candidates must confirm their eligibility.
The IBPS SO 2023 eligibility criteria include the following parameters –
- Age Limit
- Age Reservation
- Educational Qualification
IBPS SO 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who do not match the requirements for IBPS SO eligibility will be eliminated from the exam or at any stage of the IBPS SO 2023 selection process. Hence, candidates are advised to check their eligibility and then apply for the examination. Get complete details on the eligibility requirements for the SO post in the given article.
IBPS SO 2023 Nationality
- The Applicant must be a citizen of India, Nepal and Bhutan.
- Refugees from Tibet settled permanently in India before January 1, 1962.
- POI migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Myanmar or East Africa, Burma, Kenya, and Uganda to permanently settle in India.
- All candidates except citizens of India have to provide the certificate of eligibility issued by the concerned authority under the government of India.
IBPS SO 2023 Age Limit
Candidates appearing for the Specialist Officer post must fall under the age limit set by the IBPS as on the date of application submission.
|IBPS SO 2023||Age Limit|
|Minimum Age||20 years|
|Maximum Age||30 years|
IBPS SO 2023 Age Reservation
Candidates from reserved categories, such as SC/ST/OBC etc will be eligible for age relaxation under the government of India rules. A caste certificate must be presented during document verification for those who take advantage of the age restriction.
|OBC (Non- creamy layer)||3 years|
|SC/ST/ESM/1984 riots affected persons||5 years|
|ECO/SSCO(who have completed at least five years|
of military duty and were discharged after finishing
|Persons with Benchmark Disability||10 years|
IBPS SO 2023 Education Qualification
The IBPS SO exam is conducted for various specialist cadres hence the education qualification for each post may vary from others. The vacancies are released as per the requirements of the bank in various categories. For SO posts, candidates must hold a degree or post-graduate degree in the respective field.
Along with the education qualification, candidates should also review the IBPS SO 2023 syllabus. The educational requirements for the SO positions are listed in the table below.
|IT Office||B.Tech in computer science, electronics, computer application, electrical, telecommunication, communication, information technology/ M.Tech/ graduation +DOEACC “B” Level.|
|Marketing Office||MBA, PGDBA, PGDBM, PGPM, or PGDM (specialization in marketing ) Postgraduate with MMS Marketing,|
|Agriculture Field Officer||4-year graduation degree in agriculture engineering, agriculture, agriculture marketing and corporation, horticulture, agriculture biotechnology, dairy science, fishery science, food technology, sericulture, veterinary science, forestry, dairy technology and agriculture business management.|
|Personnel Officer or HR||Post-graduation+degree/two-year full-time diploma in human resources, personal management, social work, or labour law.|
|Law Officer||LLB and enrolled advocate in the Bar Council of India|
|Rajbhasha Adhikari||Postgraduate degree in Hindi with English as a subject or Sanskrit postgraduate degree includes English and Hindi as score subject subjects|
IBPS SO 2023 Reservation- EWS & PWD
- Candidates who belong to economically weaker backgrounds (EWS) will get a 10% reservation in IBPS SO vacancies. A certificate of assets issued by a competent authority must be presented in order to take advantage of an EWS reservation
- As per Section 34 of “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities” Act of 2016’s, reservation is available to people with qualifying impairments. Disabled catagery included in the reservation are hearing and deaf, mental illness, blindness, poor vision, intellectual disability, autism and locomotor impairments.
IBPS SO 2023 Eligibility Criteria FAQ
Ans- Candidates should be between the age of 20 to 30 years.
Ans-No, the IBPS has not set any percentage criteria, those who have completed their graduation/post-graduation as per the post requirement are eligible to apply.
Ans- There is no limit for appearing in the IBPS SO examination. Candidates can apply for the post until they reach the maximum limit.
Ans-Yes EWS catagery candidates will get a 10% reservation.