LIC AAO 2023 Exam Pattern: The Life Insurance Corporation of India holds the LIC AAO Recruitment Exam to select candidates for the post of Assistant Audit Officer. Being one of the insurance industry’s most anticipated exams, LIC attracts several aspirants who are gearing up for the insurance industry. Therefore, it is crucial for applicants to carefully review the LIC AAO exam pattern to comprehend the format of the test.
The LIC AAO 2023 Selection Process comprises a 4 stage examination that includes the following
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Medical Exam
The prelims exam is of qualifying nature, while the marks from the main and interview will be concluded while preparing the final selection list. Selected candidates then undergo a physical fitness exam. Only those who clear all the rounds will be appointed to the AAO position.
Candidates should thoroughly examine the LIC AAO 2023 syllabus in addition to the exam format. By doing this, they can develop a suitable schedule for their preparation. In the following article, you will find the complete exam pattern for prelims and mains exams.
LIC AAO 2023 Highlights
|LIC AAO 2023||Highlights|
|Conducting Authority||Life Insurance Corporation of India|
|Position||Assistant Audit Officer|
|Selection Process||1- Preliminary exam|
2- Mains exam
4- Medical Exam
|Mode of Exam||Online via CBT|
|Age Limit||Minimum – 20 years|
Maximum – 30 years
LIC AAO 2023 Preliminary Exam Pattern
The preliminary exam is the first phase of the selection process and is qualifying in nature. The score obtained in the round will not be considered for final selection. The exam is only conducted to shortlist the candidates for the main exam. Candidates should only refer to the top LIC AAO 2023 Preparation books for their preparation.
|Exam Sections||Total Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
- The preliminary exam is made up of 100 objective-type questions, each worth one mark.
- There are 3 sections in the exam, out of which English is qualifying in nature.
- Candidates have to finish each section within 20 minutes.
- Negative marking scheme: 0.25 marks.
- In order to qualify for the main examination candidates must attain the minimum qualification marks set by the authorities.
- The English Language section is only for qualification and will not be used to determine rankings. Because of this, the maximum score is 70 instead of 100.
LIC AAO 2023 Mains Exam Pattern
The main exam plays a major role in the selection of candidates, as the marks obtained in this round are included when preparing the list for final selection. Hence, candidates should follow a strict LIC AAO 2023 preparation routine and strategy.
|Exam Section||Total Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|General knowledge and current affairs||30||60||20 minutes|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||30||90||40 minutes|
|Insurance and financial market awareness||30||60||20 minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||02||25||60 Minutes|
|Total||122||325||2 Hours 30 minutes|
- The exam consists of four sections, and only the English language section has descriptive questions.
- To complete the objective portion, candidates will get 120 minutes, while for the descriptive section, they will have 30 minutes.
- The English section is qualifying in nature.
- The objective part will include 120 questions in total, worth a total of 300 points. while there are only two questions in the descriptive portion, totalling 30 marks.
Those candidates who will clear the cut-off set by the LIC for the main exam will appear for an interview. Note that candidates must submit their eligibility proving documents at the time of their interview.
After conducting the interview, the authorities will conduct a medical exam to check the candidates’ physical fitness. Only those candidates who will clear all rounds, including the medical exam, will be appointed as LIC AAOs.
LIC AAO 2023 Exam Pattern FAQs
Ans- Yes, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each incorrect answer.
Ans- The LIC AAO Prelims exam consist of 100 marks. Altogether, there are three sections: English, reasoning, and quantitative aptitude. English is a qualifying section. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
Ans- The LIC AAO prelims exam consists of objective-type questions, but the main exam includes both objective and descriptive questions.
Ans- The LIC AAO prelims exam level is moderate, while the main exam is moderate to difficult.