NABARD Grade A 2023 Exam Pattern: Aspiring candidates preparing for the NABARD Grade A 2023 Exam will go through four phases: prelims, mains paper I, mains paper II, and interview. The question paper of the exams will consist of descriptive and objective-type questions.
Further, we will discuss the changes NABARD has included in the overall exam pattern. Candidates can check the various details, such as the number of sections, exam pattern, number of questions, marking scheme, and weightage of each section, in the article below.
We have included some of the primary key points that will give an overall idea of the exam pattern to the candidates appearing for this exam. We have also included some major updates to the exam pattern from NABARD.
- NABARD has added a ‘Decision-Making’ section for 10 additional marks.
- The total marks for the English section have been changed from 40 to 30.
- Paper I and Paper II are two parts of the main exam. Mains Paper I is descriptive in nature, while Mains Paper II carries objective-type questions.
- Both exams will have a negative marking scheme.
- Candidates should cover the NABARD Grade A 2023 Exam Syllabus to cover topics relevant to the exam.
NABARD GRADE A 2023 Exam Pattern for Preliminary
The mode of the NABARD Grade A preliminary exam will be online. As per the NABARD Grade A 2023 Exam Syllabus, this section will consist of a total of 200 MCQ-type questions from various sections such as English, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Decision-Making, Computer Knowledge, Economic and Social Issues, and Agriculture and Rural Development.
Candidates can check the number of marks and questions each section carries in the table below.
|Sections||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Economic & Social Issues||40||40|
|Agriculture and Rural Development||40||40|
- The exam will be conducted online in both English and Hindi.
- The mode of instruction for the English Section will be English.
- The exam duration will be 120 minutes.
- The qualifying sections for this exam are reasoning, English, quantitative aptitude, computer knowledge, and decision-making.
- Candidates need to score the minimum qualifying marks to clear this exam.
- Candidates will be shortlisted according to the merit list.
NABARD GRADE A 2023 Exam Pattern for Mains
The main exam will carry objective and descriptive-type questions that will be conducted in online mode. The exam is divided into two papers, as discussed below.
- Mains Paper I: The exam pattern for Mains Paper I is the same for all Grade A posts.
- Mains Paper II: The exam pattern for Mains Paper II is different for different disciplines.
The exam pattern for both phases is mentioned in the table below.
This section will evaluate candidates on the basis of their English writing skills. The NABARD Grade A syllabus for the main descriptive test comprises questions from English sections such as letter writing, comprehension reading, reading unseen passages, essay writing, and paragraph
|Paper||Subjects||Total Questions||Type||Total Marks||Duration|
|Paper I||General English||3||Online Descriptive||100||90 minutes|
|Paper II||Economic & Social Issues/ Stream Specific Paper||6 questions|
(Candidates have to attempt 4 questions only)
|Descriptive Type||50||90 minutes|
- 0.24 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- The candidates after clearing Mains Paper I and Paper II will be called for an interview round.
NABARD GRADE A 2023 Interview Round
The candidates will be called for an interview round only after clearing the preliminary and main exams. This is the final round of the NABARD Grade A 2023 Selection Process. After clearing the interview round, candidates will be given a final appointment letter.
- The interview round will carry a total of 50 marks.
- Candidates will be assessed based on questions related to general aptitude, personality, and general skills.
- The final merit list will be formulated by adding the marks of the interview round to the mains and preliminary marks.
NABARD GRADE A 2023 Exam Pattern FAQs
The exam is divided into three phases: prelims, mains paper I, and mains paper II.
It totally depends on the candidate’s preparation strategy and consistency.
The questions will be related to the English language, and the candidates will be assessed based on their writing skills: essay writing, comprehension, report writing, and more.
The NABARD Grade A Mains Exams are divided into two papers, Mains Paper I and Mains Paper II.
The main paper exam pattern totally depends on the post for which the candidate is applying. Check the post-wise exam pattern in the article above.