NDA 2024 Eligibility Criteria: The Union Public Service Commission is all set to release the UPSC NDA & NA 2024 Notification. As per the schedule, the NDA 1 2024 Notification will be out on December 20, 2023.
The UPSC NDA exam is conducted twice a year, in April and September. The NDA 1 2024 registration window will be active from December 20, 2023, to January 9, 2024. The NDA exam date 2024 is April 21, 2023.
More than 12 lakh individuals apply for the NDA exam each year, but many candidates experience NDA application form rejection issues because they do not examine the detailed UPSC NDA 2024 eligibility criteria.
When filling out the NDA registration form, the majority of candidates are concerned with the NDA age limit and NDA qualification. However, there are other factors in the NDA eligibility sections that candidates do not check.
If you are planning to take the NDA 2024 exam, you should review the detailed NDA 2024 eligibility criteria as well as the most recent update in the given article.
NDA 2024 Elgibility Critaria
The UPSC NDA Exam is a gateway for applicants interested in joining the Indian Army, Navy, or Air Force. The exam is conducted for admission of candidates into the National Defence Academy (NDA) and Indian Naval Academy (INA).
The NDA eligibility 2024 includes the following parameters.
- NDA Nationality
- NDA Age Limit
- NDA Qualification
- NDA Eligibility 12th percentage
- Number of Attempts
- Marital Status
Candidates who will clear the UPSC NDA 2024 written exam have to meet the physical and medical eligibility requirements, such as visual, height, etc. Candidates should also keep their documents ready to avoid rejection at any stage of selection.
Note: Candidates applying for the Indian Air Force and Indian Navy will have different eligibility criteria than those of the Indian Army.
NDA 2024 Nationality
Candidates who are not Indian citizens, but still wish to apply for the UPSC NDA 2024 exam must belong to any one nationality as discussed below.
- The candidate should be a citizen of India
- The candidate should be a subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- Candidates who came from Tibet to India before 01/January/1962 for permanent settlement are eligible.
- Candidates who migrated to India from various countries such as Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Malawi, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, and Zaire are eligible to appear for this exam.
Note: Candidates must possess certificates of their respective nationalities. Candidates who belong to the Gorkha community and are A subject of Nepal will not have to show the eligibility certificate.
NDA 2024 Age Limit
The age limit for the exam will be mentioned UPSC NDA 2024 notification. As per the NDA age limit rule candidates’ age should be between 16.5 – and 19.5 years. The NDA age criteria are the same for both male and female candidates,
Candidates applying for the NDA 1 2024 exam must have been born between July 2, 2005 and July 1, 2008.
Age Limit for NDA & NA Exam:
For the NDA 1 2024 exam, only unmarried boys and girls born between July 2, 2005, and July 1, 2008, can apply.
For NDA 2 2024, candidates should are born between January 2, 2006, and January 1, 2009, can apply.
Note: There is no age relaxation in the NDA exam.
NDA 2024 Marital Status
As per the NDA eligibility rule, the candidates should be unmarried. The marital status rule is applicable for both male and female candidates.
During the NDA training period, candidates are not allowed to marry until they complete their training period successfully. Candidates who marry before or during the training period will be disqualified.
NDA 2024 Education Qualification
The NDA exam qualification varies for each force but the minimum requirement for the NDA 2024 exam is 10+2 from a recognized board or equivalent. To understand the pattern of the exam, candidates should review the UPSC NDA Exam Pattern 2024.
Indian Army: Candidates should have passed the 12th class examination or must be appearing for the same from a recognized board.
Air Force: Candidates should have passed the 12th class examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects or must be appearing for the same from a recognized board.
Indian Navy: Candidates should have passed the 12th class examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects or must be appearing for the same from a recognized board.
INA (10+2) Cadet Entry Scheme: Candidates should have passed the 12th class examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects or must be appearing for the same from a recognized board.
NDA 2024 Physical Criteria
Candidates who will clear the NDA written exam will appear for the interview followed by NDA physical test and NDA medical exam. The NDA physical requirement varies for all the forces. The NDA physical criteria are provided in the given section.
NDA Height & Weight Standards
Height and weight are the important parameters of the NDA 2024 eligibility criteria that every candidate must meet before applying for the NDA exam. The height and weight standards are established differently for the Army, Air Force, and Navy.
The minimum NDA height requirement for the Indian Army and Air Force is 152 cm, while the maximum height is 183cm. According to the height and age of the candidates, their weight will be measured. Candidates can review the NDA height and weight standards in the table below.
Indian Army and Air Force Physical Standards
|Height (cms)||Weight in Kgs|
|Weight in Kgs|
|Weight in Kgs|
Indian Navy Physical Standards
The NDA height requirement for the Indian Navy is between 152cm and 183 cm. Candidates can review the physical standards for the Indian Navy in the table below.
|Height (cms)||Weight (Kgs)|
Physical Standards For Pilot
The physical standards established for Pilots are different than that of other posts. Candidates who wish to become pilots can check the details related to the physical standards in the table below.
|Legs||Minimum Length: 99 cms|
Maximum Length: 120 cms
|Thighs||Length: 64 cms|
|Height while Sitting||Minimum Length: 81.50 cms|
Maximum Length: 96 cms
NDA 2024 Medical Criteria
Physical fitness is the most important aspect of the NDA training period. Every candidate who wishes to become a defence officer will go through the NDA medical exam where the candidates will have to meet various physical standards, to join the National Defense Academy.
The medical parameters included in the NDA 2024 eligibility criteria are provided below.
- Good physical and mental health with no disabilities.
- Permanent body tattoos on any part of the body are not allowed. Candidates who have body marks or tattoos because of the customs and traditions will be accepted on a special case basis.
- The bones and joints of the body must not be impaired.
- Candidates should not have any history of mental illness or mental fits.
- Diseases such as hernias must be operated on one year before the medical examination. Any unoperated disease will lead to disqualification.
- The liver and spleen sizes should be normal.
- Candidates should not have any hearing problems at a distance of 610 cm.
- Blood pressure should be normal.
- Candidates must not have any internal organ disease related to the heart, lungs, or kidneys.
- Candidates suffering from hydrocele, varicocele, piles, and skin diseases will be disqualified.
- Candidates will also go through a urine test, and any abnormality will lead to disqualification.
- Candidates must not be overweight or underweight.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 14 dental points and must have natural and sound teeth.
NDA Visual Standards
There are certain vision standards that every candidate must meet to perform duties on the field which are discussed below.
- Candidates must have a distance vision of 6/6 in the better eye and 6/9 in the worst eye.
- The range of myopia should not exceed more than 2.5 D, and for hypermetropia, the range should not exceed more than 3.5 D.
- Candidates applying for the Air Force must not wear spectacles.
- Candidates must not suffer from astigmatism.
- Candidates should not suffer from colour blindness. The colour vision standard for the Indian Army is P-III.
- Candidates who have gone through laser surgery to improve their visual abilities will be permanently rejected.
Visual Standards For Navy & Air Force
|Details||Indian Naval Wing||Indian Air Force Wing|
|Uncorrected (without glass)||6/6||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected (with glass)||6/6||6/6 for Hypermetropia|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75||NIL|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||1.5||+2.00 D Sph|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I||NIL|
|Manifest Myopia||N.A||NIL RE|
|Colour Vision||N.A||CP-I (MLT)|
|Astigmatism||N.A||+0.75 Cyl (within + 2.0 D.Max)|
NDA 2024 Eligibility Criteria FAQs
Ans- The NDA exam qualification varies for each force, but the minimum requirement for the NDA 2024 exam is 10+2 from a recognized board or equivalent.
Yes, the candidates appearing for their 12th board examinations can apply for this exam.
Ans- As per the NDA age limit rule, candidates must fall between the ages of 16.5 and 19.5 years.
Yes, both male and female candidates can apply for this exam.
Ans- There is no set rule for the number of attempts. Candidates can apply until they reach the maximum age limit, i.e., 19.5 years.
Ans- For the NDA 1 2024 exam, only unmarried girls born between July 2, 2005, and July 1, 2008, can apply. The minimum height required for NDA is 152 cm for girls.
Ans- The NDA 1 2024 exam date is 21 April 2024.