Aspirants must start their UPSC NDA 2023 Exam preparation journey now. Candidates will need a good preparation strategy to crack this exam. Candidates are advised to focus more on previous years’ question papers, as it will help the candidates in identifying the UPSC NDA 2023 exam pattern and the type of questions the exam will carry. With the help of the best UPSC NDA 2023 Preparation books, candidates can minimize their preparation journey. These books will help the candidates in understanding concepts and topics relevant to the exam. This article will assist the candidates in formulating an effective preparation strategy for each section of the exam.
NDA 2023 Exam Sections
Before moving forward towards the tips and tricks for the exam, candidates must develop an understanding of the weightage of each section with the help of the table given below.
|General Ability Test||600|
|UPSC NDA SSB Interview||900|
Mathematics Preparation Strategy
This section will comprise questions from various sections of Mathematics such as Average, Algebra, Quadratic Equation, Speed, and more. Candidates must study as per the syllabus to cover the topics relevant to the exam. Below are some of the tips and tricks that will help the candidates in preparing for this section.
- Start with easy questions and concepts such as Fractions, Percentages, and Linear Equation.
- Make a notebook for important formulas and equations.
- Memorize numbers, fractions, and Percentages that are often used in calculations.
- Dedicate at least 15 minutes to improving Calculations and Accuracy.
- Practice 5 miscellaneous questions from each section daily.
- Solve 1 mock test daily within a limited Time Frame.
- Analyze questions from the previous year’s paper and start solving similar questions.
NDA 2023 GAT Preparation Strategy
The General Ability Test (GAT) is a crucial part of the National Defence Academy (NDA) examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The GAT paper is of 600 marks and covers topics like English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, Civics, and Current Events. The GAT paper requires a strategic approach to prepare well for the exam. In this section, we will discuss the UPSC NDA GAT preparation strategy
Physics Preparation Strategy
- For the NDA exam preparation, the Physics section typically consists of 23-25 questions covering general physics topics. It is not necessary to have specialized knowledge in Physics to excel in this subject. Here are some tips to help you prepare for the NDA Physics section with confidence:
- Focus on Key Topics – The Physics syllabus for the exam is extensive, covering various topics. However, you should prioritize the ones that carry the most weightage, such as Ohm’s Law, Mass, Force, and Momentum. While it is essential to cover all topics, you can spend less time on some of them.
- Take Notes – It is crucial to make notes of important definitions and formulae while preparing for the exam. These notes should be reviewed daily to reinforce memorization and retention.
- Identify Your Strengths – Physics is not limited to solving numerical problems. If you find the numerical portion of physics challenging, focus on strengthening your theoretical understanding before tackling the numerical problems.
Chemistry Preparation Strategy
- To prepare for the Chemistry section of the NDA exam, it is helpful to identify questions that are repeated from previous years. The mole concept and P block are examples of commonly repeated topics. You can find such questions by reviewing previous years’ papers.
- Additionally, both private publication books and NCERT books can be utilized to supplement your study material. Free online study material is also available for candidates to utilize.
- To retain important formulae, it is recommended to make notes and review them daily. Consider posting them in a visible location to help reinforce your memory. By utilizing these strategies, you can improve your performance in the Chemistry section of the NDA exam.
Biology Preparation Strategy
- Bullet points can be a helpful way to memorize topics that are relatively straightforward, making them easier to cover.
- Utilizing school books as study material is a great way to prepare for the NDA exam.
- Watching videos online can be a helpful supplement to your studying routine. Videos can help you grasp concepts more quickly and effectively.
History & Geography Preparation Strategy
- For the preparation for the History and Geography section in the NDA exam, NCERT class IX and X books are the most straightforward and concise resources available. They provide a clear overview of all the relevant topics.
- To prepare for the History section, it is important to take note of important event dates. Consistent revision of these notes is essential for retaining extensive historical information.
- To improve understanding of Geography concepts, visual aids such as videos can be very helpful. Watching videos can make studying Geography more engaging and interesting.
English Preparation Strategy
This section will assess the vocabulary and grammatical skills of the candidates. The questions from this section will be moderate in nature and can help the candidates in scoring high marks. To ace, this section candidates must follow the tips and tricks given below.
- Start with basic grammar concepts such as Tenses, Adjectives, Adverbs, Verbs, and Nouns.
- Make Notes on each topic.
- Read English Newspapers like The Hindu, Times of India, and The Economic Times.
- Analyze Errors in Sentences and try to correct them.
- Practice 10 questions from Grammar Exercises.
- Memorize 5 new words daily for improving Vocabulary Skills.
- Solve Questions from the Previous Year’s Question Paper and Analyze the Pattern of Questions.
- Read English Novels, Articles, and Magazines for at least 30 minutes daily.
General Knowledge Preparation Strategy
Applicants must stay up to date on current events in the fields of sports, general science, military honours, news, politics, and national and international news. One of the most important habits that every candidate should develop while preparing for this exam is reading newspapers every day.
- Read Newspapers, Magazines, and Articles related to National and International Events.
- Daily, write down 5 Current Affairs and Memorize them.
- Memorize military awards and try to understand their significance.
- Watch News Channels and try to memorize the events in the form of stories.
- Analyze previous year’s question papers and make a list of repeated questions.
Tips and Tricks to Crack NDA 2023 SSB Interview
There is no single method to crack UPSC NDA 2023 SSB Interview. It is encouraged for candidates to perform well on the written exam. During the interview, candidates should maintain their composure. The NDA 2023 SSB Interview will only be passed by candidates with strong verbal, nonverbal, and intellectual abilities.
- Discuss current events with your Families and Friends, this will enhance the candidate’s Group Discussion Skills.
- Try to write at least 1 story daily by observing Patterns and Pictures.
- Work on Communication Skills.
- Behave like Army Officers in day-to-day life.
- Take Personality Development Classes from various online sources.
- Read Current Topics and start discussing them in groups.
NDA 2023 Preparation Strategy FAQs
With consistency and dedication, it will take 5-6 months to prepare for the UPSC NDA 2023 exam.
Candidates must formulate an effective preparation strategy with the help of the article above.
It depends on the preparation strategy of an individual.
Candidates must focus on high-weightage topics. Candidates should analyze the UPSC NDA 2023 exam Pattern before starting their preparation journey.
NCERT 11 and 12th, Wren and Martin, and Pratiyogita Darpan are some of the best books for NDA preparation.