RBI Grade B 2023 has released the RBI Grade B Result 2023 for the Officers in Gr B (DR)- General phase 2 exam. The Phase II exam was conducted on July 30, 2023.
For officers in Group B (DR)- DEPR the exam will be conducted on 2 September 2023. The admit card for the mains exam was released on 24 July 2023. Those candidates who clear the main exam will appear for the interview round.
The RBI released the official notification regarding RBI Grade B 2023 Recruitment on May 9, 2023. Earlier, it released a short notice regarding the same via the newspaper.
According to the notification, a total of 291 vacancies will be filled for the position of Officers in Grade B (DR)- General, Grade B (DR)- DEPR and Grade B (DR)- DSIM.Candidates who are interested in applying can check the given article to get the direct application link and complete details related to the RBI Grade B 2023 recruitment drive.
|28-August-2023||RBI Grade B Phase 2 Result Out for Officers in Grade B (DR)- General (Click Here)|
|24 July 2023||RBI Grade B Phase 2 Admit Card Out|
|18-July 2023||RBI Grade B 2023 Phase 1 Result Out for DR-General posts(Click Here)|
|29-June-2023||RBI Grade B 2023 Phase 1 Admit Card Out|
|9-May-2023||RBI Grade B 2023 Online Application Process Released|
|9-May-2023||RBI Grade B 2023 Official Notification Out|
|26 April 2023||RBI Grade B 2023 Notification Out for 291 Vacancies|
RBI Grade B 2023 Notification (PDF)
Earlier, on April 26, 2023, the Reserve Bank of India released the short notice regarding the RBI Grade B 2023 Notification in the newspapers revealing the details of vacancies as well as the exam schedule.
Now, RBI has released a detailed notification containing all necessary details on May 9, 2023, on its official website, www.rbi.org.in. Here is the direct link to download the RBI Grade B 2023 notification PDF.
About RBI Grade B Exam
Every year over lakhs of banking aspirants apply for the RBI Grade B Exam because it is one of the top banking exams in India and a sought-after job profile. Through this examination, candidates are selected for Grade B entry-level officer posts.
The selection of candidates is based on three phases, out of which the first two phases are objective-type /descriptive exams, which are followed by a grade discussion and an interview. Selected candidates undergo a two-year probation period, which can be extended up to four years.
RBI Grade B 2023 Exam Date
Along with the official notification, RBI has also announced the exam schedule for a Grade B post. The exam dates for Phase I and Phase II for various departments are different.
As per the schedule, the exam will commence on July 9, 2023. Go through the complete article to gather the complete details on the RBI Grade B notification, released date, syllabus, exam pattern, exam dates, etc.
RBI Grade B 2023 Important Dates
The Reserve Bank Of India has released the notification for the RRB Grade B 2023 recruitment exam. Candidates can bookmark this page to get the latest updates on important dates. The precise exam schedule is provided below in the given table.
|Notification Release||26 April 2023|
|Online Application Release||09th May 2023|
|Application Submission||16th June 2023 [6 pm]|
|Application Fee Submission Last Date||19th June 2023 [6 pm]|
|Prelims Exam||09th -16th July 2023|
|Mains Exam||30th July, 2nd September, 19th August 2023|
RBI Grade B 2023 Exam Date
The RBI Grade B Exam Dates 2023 were released along with the official notification. As per the schedule, the exam for Phase 1 was conducted on July 9 and 16, while the Phase 2 exam is scheduled for July 30, August 19, and September 2, 2023.
Check the exam dates that are released along with the notification in the table below
|Name of Post||RBI Grade B Events||Dates|
|RBI Grade B (DR)- General||Phase 1- Online Examination||9 June 2023|
|Phase 2- Paper I, II & III Online Examination||30 July 2023|
|RBI Grade B (DR)- DEPR||Phase 1- Paper I- Online Examination||16 July 2023|
|Phase 2- Paper II & III Online/Written Examination||2 September 2023|
|RBI Grade B (DR)- DSIM||Phase 1- Paper I- Online Examination||16 July 2023|
|Phase 2- Paper II & III Online Written/Examination||19 August 2023|
RBI Grade B 2023 Vacancy
The RBI announced the vacancies for Officers in Grade B General, DEPR, and DSIM on their official website. According to the notification a total of 291 vacancies will be filled for the post of RBI Grade B DR, DSIM, DEPR.
Out of these 291 RBI Grade B vacancies, 222 are for officers in Grade B (DR)-General, 38 for DEPR, and 31 for DSIM. Check the post-wise vacancy details in the table below.
|Officers in Grade B (DR)- General||222|
|Officers in Grade B (DR)- DEPR||38|
|Officers in Grade B (DR)- DSIM||31|
RBI Grade B 2023 Application Process
The RBI Grade B 2023 Apply online link was active from May 9, 2023, till June 16 2023. The application link was available on the official website, rbi.org.in. Candidates can follow the given steps to fill out their applications.
- Go to the official website of RBI and click on “New Registration”.
- Start filling out the online application form by providing your personal details such as Name, Contact, Email Id etc.
- Upload your scanned photograph, signature and hand-written declaration.
- Now fill in your educational and professional qualification details.
- After reviewing the application form, click on the save and next button.
- Pay online application fees via debit card/credit card/net banking.
- Click on the “Final Submit” button and your online application form will be submitted successfully.
RBI Grade B 2023 Application Fee
A candidate has to pay the applicable charges for the RBI Grade B application form. The application fee needs to be paid online based on the category of candidates. The application fee for GEN/OBC is INR 850, while for SC/ST it is INR 100.
Refer to the given table to know the application fee.
Documents Required During Application Process
- A scanned photograph (4.5cm X 3.5cm)
- Scanned Signature (with black ink). Also, a signature in capital letters won’t be accepted.
- Scanned left thumb impression (on white paper with black or blue ink).
- A scanned hand-written declaration, written on white paper with black ink.
- Documents containing the details of your academic qualification.
RBI Grade B 2023 Related Links
|RBI Grade B 2023 Exam Pattern||RBI Grade B 2023 Best Preparation Books|
|RBI Grade B 2023 Syllabus||RBI Grade B 2023 Best Preparation Tips & Strategy|
RBI Grade B 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must meet the RBI Grade B eligibility criteria set by the Reserve Bank of India for the post of Grade B officer, which includes nationality, education qualification, age limit, age reservation, and the number of attempts. Providing wrong information related to eligibility can lead to the rejection of candidature.
- An Indian citizen or citizen of Nepal or Bhutan or Tibetan refugee who moved to India before January 1, 1962, is eligible.
- Indian origins who migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma (Myanmar), Vietnam, and East African nations such as the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire, or Ethiopia.
|Grade B (DR) (General)||Graduation, post-graduation, or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 60% (UR) and 55% (SC/ST/PWD).|
|Grade B (DR) DERP||Master’s degree in economics/ mathematical economics/ econometrics /quantitative economics/ finance/ integrated economic course, or a PGDM/MBA or master’s degree in economics in any subcategory with a minimum score of 55% from any recognized university.|
|Grade B (DR) DISM||Master’s degree in mathematics or statistics/ statistic mathematics/ mathematical economics/ statistics and informatics(IIT Kanpur), applied statistics and informatics(IIT Bombay) or M.Stit degree, or a PGDBA with a minimum of 55% from any recognized university.|
Number of Attempts
- General category candidates get six attempts to clear the examinations.
- For other categories, there is no limit. Candidates can appear until they reach the upper age limit set by the RBI.
RRB Grade B Age Limit
As per the RBI Grade B age limit rule, the minimum age of candidates should be 21 years, and the upper age limit should not exceed 30 years for the general category. Candidates who belong to the OBC category will get 3 years of age relaxation, while SC/ST/ES/ECOs/SSCOs will get 5 years in accordance with GoI regulations.
Check the age reservation offered to the reserved category in the given table.
|SC/ST/ESM/Ex-employees of banking institutions/ECOs/SSCOs||5 years|
|Physically Handicapped||10 years|
|Physically handicapped+OBC||13 years|
|Physically handicapped+SC/ST||15 years|
RBI Grade B 2023 Selection Process
RBI Grade B Selection process 2023 consists of a three-tier examination. Phase I is an online objective-type examination; phase II is an online objective-descriptive examination, and phase III is the group discussion/interview. Details related to each phase along with the exam pattern are provided in this section.
The RBI Grade B officer handles the financial stability of the nation, currency circulation, and managing central bank accounts.
Phase I Examination
The RBI Grade B Phase I exam is conducted for the screening of candidates. RBI Grade B Phase 1 is an online, objective examination that consists of 200 questions of 1 mark each. Altogether, there are four sections, and the duration of the exam is 2 hours. For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks are deducted.
Phase II Examination
Qualified candidates of the Phase I exam will appear for Phase II. RBI Grade B phase 2 consists of three economic and social issues, English and Finance and management with a total of 300 marks each. Each paper contains both objectives, as well as descriptive questions, except in the English language. There is a negative marking of 1/4 marks for each incorrect answer.
Phase III GD/Interview
Those candidates who match the overall and sectional cutoffs will appear for the final interview round. Candidates have a choice of selecting Hindi or English as a medium of communication. The RBI Grade B interview consists of 75 marks.
RBI Grade B 2023 Exam Pattern
Knowing the exam pattern will help the candidates to have a better understanding of the subject. It will also help them to build preparation strategies with respect to the allotted time. The RBI Grade B 2023 Exam pattern has two parts- Phase I and Phase II.
Phase I Exam Pattern
|Sections||Number of questions||Total marks allotted||Duration|
|General Awareness||80||80||25 minutes|
|English Language||30||30||25 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||30||30||25 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||60||60||45 minutes|
Phase II Exam Pattern
|Sections||Number of questions||Total marks allotted||Duration|
|P1- Economic and social issue (objective)||30||50||30 minutes|
|P1- Economic and social issue (descriptive)||06||50||90 minutes|
|P2- English(Written )||03||100||90 minutes|
|P3-Finance and management|
|P3-Finance and management|
|Total||75*||300||3 hours 30 minutes|
RBI Grade B 2023 Syllabus
Before starting the preparation candidates check the RBI Grade B Syllabus as it will enable them to create a well-defined study plan. Knowing the syllabus will help the candidates to outline the essential topics included in the exam both Phase I and Phase II has different set of the syllabus. Candidates can review the syllabus of both exams in the given section.
RBI Grade B Phase I Syllabus
- General Awareness: Current affairs, Indian Banking system, banking terminology, Indian financial system, monetary plans, government schemes, banking institutes.
- English Language: Reading comprehension, fill in the blanks, cloze test, match the columns, grammar, phrases and idioms, sentence formation, vocabulary, jumble words/sentences, tenses rules.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Number series, menstruation, ratio and proportion, time and work, simple and compound interest, data interpretation, quadratic equations, permutations and combinations, probability, simplification and approximation, speed, stock, and share, inequality, average, profit and loss, mixtures and allegations.
- Reasoning Ability: Blood relation, setting arrangements, puzzle, logical reasoning, syllogism, data inequalities, analogy, coding and decoding, input-output, direction Test.
RBI Grade B Phase II Syllabus
- Economic and social issues: Economic reforms of India, globalization, growth and development, the social structure of India, poverty alleviation and employment generation in India, public finance, and services sector in India, Indian political system, IMF and World Bank, Indian Political System, Union Budget.
- English: Essay writing, summary writing, and comprehension.
- Finance and management: Financial system, financial market, general topics, management, leadership, governance, communication.
RBI Grade B 2023 Preparation Books
Choosing the best RBI Grade B books enables the candidate’s understanding of concepts and strategies building for the exam. It is crucial to understand that citing additional books would simply lead to confusion.
Therefore, candidates should limit their selection to two to three of the best study guides. Candidates should make a solid RBI Grade B 2023 Preparation Plan in order to clear the exam on their first attempt. Some of the best subject-wise books for preparation are mentioned in the given table.
|English Language||Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Magical Book on Quicker Maths||M. Tyra|
|General Awareness||Banking Awareness for SBI and IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/RBI Exams/RRB||Disha Experts|
|Economic and social issues||Indian Economy||Uma Kapila|
|Finance and management||An Introduction to Economics||A W Stonier and DC Hauge|
RBI Grade B 2023 Admit Card
Candidates who will appear for the exam can download their RBI Grade B 2023 Admit card via the official website of the Reserve Bank Of India. For each phase, the authorities will release separate admit cards.
To download their admit card, candidates can adhere to the instructions provided.
- Visit the official website of RBI at www.rbi.org.in.
- The link to download the RBI Grade B 2023 admit card will appear on the home page.
- After you click on the link the login page will appear on your screen.
- Enter your registration number and DOB/password and click on the “Submit” button.
- The admit will appear on your screen.
- Check the details and take a printout of your admit card.
RBI Grade B 2023 Result
The RBI will release the results of each phase separately. Phase I is qualifying in nature. The final selection will be based on the results of phases II and III. The weightage of the interview is 20%.
Candidates need to carry the RBI Grade B interview call letter and other important documents at the time of their interview. Within 20 to 30 days of interviews, the list of selected candidates will be declared by the RBI on their official website.
The Direct Link to download the RBI Grade B 2023 Phase 1 result for general DR is provided below.
RBI Grade B 2023 Cut-off
The RBI will first release the cut-off for the Phase I exam followed by the Phase II exam. The cut-off will be released along with the result and scorecard.
Only those candidates who will meet the sectional and overall cut-off will be qualified for subsequent rounds. The cut-off is determined based on a number of factors which include-
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Number of Vacancies Released by RBI
- The total number of candidates appearing in the exam.
- procedure of normalization
RBI Grade B Salary
The salary scale of an RBI Group B officer is Rs.55,200-2850(9)/ 80850-EB-2850(2)/ 86550-3300(4)/ 99750(16 years). Candidates who are selected for Grade B officers in RBI will get gross salary of INR 1,08,404 (approximately ). The RBI Grade B Basic Salary is INR 55,200 plus HRA and other benefits, as shown in the table below.
|Basic Pay||Rs. 55,200|
|Grade Allowances||Rs. 6,80|
|Housing Allowances||Rs. 5273|
|Dearness Allowances||Rs. 33,215|
|CVPS Incentives||Rs. 827|
|Special Prerequisite Allowances||Rs. 1465|
|Special Allowances- Direct Recruit||Rs. 1800|
|Local Compensatory Allowances||Rs. 3664|
|Meal Allowance||Rs. 160|
|Gross Pay||Rs. 1,08,404|
RBI Grade B Job Profile
The RBI Grade B Officer job is one of the most prestigious jobs in the banking sector. It attracts aspirants due to its salary as well as the honour and fame associated with it. The basic Grade B job profile includes smooth transactions and the circulation of the currency within the commercial banks registered under the RBI.
Candidates will be placed in different departments and will handle different roles and responsibilities, some of which are listed below.
- Responsible for the circulation and transactions of currency.
- Ensure the financial stability of the nation.
- Provide financial assistance to the government.
- Handle central and state government accounts.
- contributing to the formulation of policy and creating reports and publications.
- organizing auctions on the Central and State Governments’ behalf.
- Involved in financial management and data analysis.
- managing areas including resources, remittances, accounts, etc.
RBI Grade B 2023 FAQs
Ans- A total of 291 vacancies are released for RBI Grade B 2023.
Ans- For every incorrect answer, ¼ marks will be deducted in both Phase I and Phase II exams.
Ans- The RBI Grade B 2023 Notification was out on May 9, 2023.
Ans-The RBI Grade B Age limit should be between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved categories.
Ans- Candidates can give their interview in English or Hindi as per their preference.
Ans- Yes, for General category candidates the attempt limit is six times.
Ans- Yes, candidates can only move to the subsequent round if they meet the sectional and overall cut-off set by RBI.
Ans- The probation period for RBI Grade B Officers is two years. It can be extended up to 4 years.
Ans- The gross salary of an RBI Grade B officer is approximately Rs. 1,08,404, out of which Rs. 26,436 is deducted, leaving candidates with a basic salary of Rs. 55,200 plus HRA and other benefits, as shown in the table below.