RRB Group D 2023 Best Preparation Strategy & Tips: The RRB Group D examination is conducted every year to recruit deserving candidates for various non-gazetted posts in various technical and non-technical departments of the Indian Railways.
Every year lakh of candidates fill the application for the RRB Group D examination and that’s why competition is very high among them to get a respectable government job. The official notification of the RRB Group D 2023 examination is expected to be released in April 2023.
RRB Group D 2023 Overview
|Name of the Examination||RRB Group D|
|Conducting Organisation||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Total Number of Vacancies||To be notified|
|Mode to Apply||Online|
RRB Group D Preparation Strategy & Tips
1- Understand the Exam Pattern
The RRB Group D Exam Pattern 2023 is divided into four sections: General Intelligence & Reasoning, Mathematics, General Awareness & Current Affairs, and General Science. The entire exam carries 100 questions worth one mark each, and there is also a negative marking of 1/3 for each wrong answer.
2- Know the Syllabus
If you are preparing for RRB Group D 2023 with the goal of being selected this year, the first thing you should do is “Understand the Syllabus” of the examination, which remains nearly the same every year, so you should have a better understanding of the RRB Group D 2023 Syllabus.
3- Set a Time table
You need to prepare a proper timetable so that you can distribute time to each and every section. Also, you must abide by the timetable honestly and regularly until you qualify the examination. Do not spend too much time on one subject and instead give the majority of your time to the topics or subjects you’re weak in.
5- Choose Right Books for Preparation
Choosing the right preparation books along with applying the right preparation strategy helps you crack the examination sooner than the others. Also, choosing the right preparation materials might be challenging for applicants because there are so many options in the market and online book stores. Therefore, candidates must choose 2-3 RRB Group D 2023 Preparation Books in order to crack the examination.
5- Practice Mock Test
In addition to studying on a regular basis, candidates must practise mock tests and previous exams to assess their preparation and ability to handle the examination pressure. Practising mock tests on a frequent basis teaches you to manage your time while handling the exam pressure. After giving the mock test, make sure you analyse it too.
6- Revision Thoroughly
Revision is the key step in the process of preparing for any exam, as it helps you recall all the topics you have learned. Add revision as an important factor in your timetable and follow it at a regular interval after finishing each topic. Revising at least one day a week will benefit you and clear your concepts and basic fundamentals regarding all the topics.
RRB Group D Subject-Wise Preparation Strategy & Tips
- The Mathematics section is considered the toughest of all sections in the RRB Group D 2023 examination. It comprises 25 questions worth 1 mark each.
- This section requires a lot of consistent practise to master basic concepts. It is divided into two components, i.e., Arithmetic and Advanced Maths.
- Once you understand the basic concepts, practise quizzes every day and analyse them later to assess your strong and weak points.
- Identify your weak topics and give more time to those topics so that you can ace this section.
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- The Reasoning section assesses the candidate’s abilities in problem solving, decision-making, and analytical thinking.
- This section comprises 30 questions worth one mark each.
- In order to score well in this section, a candidate needs to practise consistently for puzzles, matrix, coding-decoding, blood relations, classification, analogy, etc.
- Also, having a good knowledge of directions, shapes, and diagrams will help you ace this section. Hence, practise daily with mock tests and quizzes to boost your speed and clear the basic concepts.
General Awareness & Current Affairs
- The General Awareness section consists of 20 questions worth one mark.
- It is a high-scoring and less time-consuming section that comprises questions on current affairs, Statistic General Knowledge and Science.
- For current affairs, read about national and international news related to Sports, Summit & Conference, appointments, Science & Defence, Appointment, National & International, Important Days, Government Schemes etc.
- This section comprises 25 questions wroth one mark each.
- In order to ace this section, candidates need to clear the basic concepts of science from the 10th and 12th standards.
- To clear the basic concepts, candidates are advised to read NCERT textbooks of Science and Social Science from Class 6 to 10 along with Class 11 and 12 for Geography and History subjects, especially.
- Instead of reading others’ notes, try to make your own from the NCERT books.
- Look for the chapters you face difficulty in and give more time to those chapters.
- Make sure to revise the self-written notes to remind yourself of all the topics you learned.
RRB Group D 2023 FAQs
A. Yes, there is a negative marking of 1/3 in the RRB Group D 2023 examination.
A. The best preparation tips and strategies to qualify the RRB Group D 2023 examination are mentioned in the given article.
A. The Computer-based Test of RRB Group D 2023 comprises four sections- Mathematics, General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness & Current Affairs and General Science.