RRB JE 2023 Preparation Tips: The RRB JE exam is a national-level competitive exam conducted annually by the Railway Recruitment Board. The exam is held to recruit candidates for various posts, such as JE, JE(IT), DMS, and CMA. Lakhs of applicants submit applications for this exam, which eventually boosts competition. Hence, candidates need to be aware of the strategies, techniques, and crucial components that will enable them to succeed at each level of the hiring process.
Candidates must follow a strict preparation schedule. With the right study materials, candidates will be able to plan and construct the best strategy, and easily achieve high exam scores. Get expert strategies and subject-specific tips to perform well in the RRB JE 2023 recruitment exam.
RRB JE 2023 Highlights
|RB JE 2023||Highlights|
|Post||JE, JE-IT, DMS, CMA|
|Conducted by||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Selection Process||CBT 1|
|RRB Official Website||https://rrcb.gov.in|
RRB JE 2023 Syllabus
The first step towards preparation is knowing the detailed RRB JE 2023 syllabus. It will enable candidates to know the subject and the topics covered in the exam. The RRB JE 2023 Selection Process is divided into 4 stages, of which the first two stages consist of a computer-based exam followed by document verification and a medical exam.
|CBT 1||CBT 2|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Physics and chemistry|
|General Awareness||Basic of computer application|
|General Science||Basic of environment and pollution control|
RRB JE 2023 Preparation Tips
The best way to cover the entire syllabus is to divide each subject topic-wise. It will help to keep track of their weak and strong topics. The exam is conducted online, therefore candidates should concentrate on their time management skills. Get expert tips to crack the online CBT exam below.
1.Check the Exam Pattern
Candidates should check the RRB JE 2023 Exam Pattern, which is released along with the recruitment notification. The exam pattern is divided into two parts: CBT 1 and CBT 2. CBT 1 consists of 4 sections with a total score of 100, while CBT 2 consists of 5 sections with a total score of 150.
Keep in mind that each incorrect answer results in a 1/3 deduction from the final score. Candidates should therefore refrain from answering any questions about which they are unsure.
2.Make a Time Table
Making a study schedule is an essential part of preparation. Without a schedule, candidates can cover the syllabus and keep track of what they have learned and what is left to learn.
Candidates should divide the time equally for each subject. Making weekly and monthly timetables before starting the preparation is an ideal approach to cover the entire syllabus.
3.Selecting Books for Preparation
When it comes to selecting the right preparation books, plenty of candidates get confused. Aspirants should only be strict with two to three books for their preparation. Choosing the best RRB JE 2023 preparation books from well-known publishers will be beneficial for candidates.
Once the candidates are clear about the concept, they can move on to a number of solved question and answer series that are available both online and offline.
4. Mock test and Previous Year Paper
After finishing the complete syllabus, candidates should start taking the mock test. It helps them to know where they stand and what subject or topic requires revision. It also helps in understanding the nature of the exam. A practice test will assist candidates in identifying high-weightage topics.
The revision is the last and most important step towards preparation. Candidates should keep separate times for revision in their schedule. The revision enables candidates to focus on their weaker sections. Candidates should do revision at least once a week to make sure they comprehend the concepts and foundations of all the topics.
RRB JE 2023 Preparation Tips: Subject-wise Preparation Strategies
Mathematics Preparation Tips
- Ratio and proportion, HCF and LCM, mensuration, percentage, SI and CI, profit and loss, time and distance, geometry, etc. are some of the important topics included in the exam.
- Candidates cannot solve any question if they are not clear about the concept and basics. Hence, the primary focus of candidates should be learning the concept.
- To enhance their speed, candidates should solve as many questions as they can on the various topics included in the exam.
Reasoning Preparation Tips
- Reasoning tests the thinking ability of candidates, and this is one of the scoring sections of the exam.
- Statement- Argument and Assumption, Syllogism, Mathematical operations, Coding and Decoding, Analogy, Venn Diagram, and Blood Relation are some of the important topics of the exam
- Candidates can score well by practicing 20–25 questions on various topics daily.
General Science Preparation Tips
- In this section, the questions are related to physics, chemistry, and science up to the 10th standard. Candidates can refer to the NCERT book for 8th–10th grade to know the syllabus included in the exam.
- For physics, practice and write down quick notes on derivative formulas and diagrams.
- For chemistry, the candidates should check the organic and inorganic chemical equations. Candidates should also check the biology flow chart and diagrams.
General Awareness Preparation Tips
- The general awareness section is one of the easier sections for candidates to score if they keep themselves up-to-date on current events.
- Aspirants should note down all the important dates and events, as it will help them at the time of their revision.
- Candidates should read news from trusted sources. Some of the best newspapers for the preparation are The Hindu, TOI, Hindustan Times, etc.
Computer Awareness Preparation Tips
- In the CBT 2 round, the RRB JE Computer Application Basic section is worth 10 points.
- To acquire practical knowledge of topics, practice analytical examples and application flowcharts.
- Attempt to practice fundamental OOP fundamentals in languages like Java, C, C++, etc.
Environmental and Pollution Control
- Candidates should check topics such as air pollution, noise pollution, environmental laws, water pollution, and the Earth Summit Conferences.
- Candidates can refer to the school-level books for the preparation of this section.
- Aspirants should also review previous years exam papers to know the type of questions asked in the exam.
Technical Abilities Preparation Tips
- The syllabus of technical abilities varies depending on the post. Candidates have to give more time to the section as it consists of 100 marks.
- The technical ability includes questions from various engineering disciplines such as electronic, electrical, computer, civil, instrumentation and measurement, IT, mechanical, and printing press-based questions.
- Make notes for each of the subjects. If there are any formulas, equations, or other crucial information, be sure to write them down and constantly practice them.
RRB JE 2023 Preparation FAQs
Ans-The difficulty level of the RRB JE 2023 exam is moderate to difficult.
Ans-Yes, there is a negative marking of 1/3 of a mark for each incorrect answer.
Ans-A sincere effort and 5–6 months of preparation are sufficient for candidates to crack the examination.