SBI Clerk 2023 Recruitment: The State Bank of India, which is one of the top public sector banks and financial services statutory body, annually conducts the SBI Clerk examination to recruit eligible candidates to the post of Junior Associate or Clerk (customer support and sales) in various branches across the country.
latest Jobs & Education के लिए सब्स्क्राइब करें
The SBI Clerk examination is one of the most sought-after banking examinations in the country. Therefore, competition is always fierce among the candidates to get selected as clerks at the State Bank of India.
SBI Clerk 2023 Notification
The State Bank of India will soon release the official notification for the recruitment of SBI Clerk 2023 on their official website to fill the post of junior associate (customer support and sales). Once released, we will provide the pdf of the SIB Clerk 2023 recruitment below:
Click here to download the SBI Clerk 2023 notification PDF (Inactive)
The authorities will open the registration window in mid-2023. Aspirants who are interested in appearing in the exam must fill out their application through the official website of SBI at sbi.co.in within the time frame mentioned in the official notification.
The selection of candidates is based on a 3-phase examination procedure (prelims, mains, and LPT). Get complete details on the SBI clerical hiring procedure, including important dates, eligibility criteria, fee, application, and selection process, in the given article.
SBI Clerk 2023 Overview
|Exam||SBI Clerk 2023|
|Conducting Authority||State Bank of India|
|Position||Junior Associate (customer support and sales).|
|Total Vacancies||To be Announced|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
SBI Clerk 2023 Important dates
The State Bank of India is likely to publish the notification for Junior Associates in mid 2023. Candidates can review the application released date and deadline in the given table.
|Notification Release Date||TBA|
|Commencement of Online Application||TBA|
|Last Date of Online Application||TBA|
|SBI Clerk 2023 Prelims Admit Card||TBA|
|SBI Clerk 2023 Exam Date||TBA|
|SBI Clerk 2023 Result||TBA|
|SBI Clerk 2023 Mains Admit Card||TBA|
|SBI Clerk 2023 Mains Exam Date||TBA|
|SBI Clerk 2023 Final Result||TBA|
SBI Clerk 2023 Vacancy Details
The State Bank of India will release the category- and state-wise vacancies for SBI Clerk 2023 recruitment along with its official notification.
In 2022, the bank issued 5486 vacancies for the post of SBI Clerk out of which 5008 were for general posts and the rest were for backlog posts. We will update the state-wise vacancies for each category as soon as SBI issues them.
SBI Clerk 2023 Related Links
|SBI Clerk 2023 Best Preparation Book||SBI Clerk 2023 Best Preparation Strategy|
SBI Clerk 2023 Online Application: How to Apply?
Candidates who want to apply for SBI Clerk 2023 need to apply for the examination via online mode. The online application process includes registration, uploading a scanned signature and photograph, and uploading a handwritten declaration.
Once the SBI Clerk 2023 application window is opened, interested candidates can apply for the examination by following the steps given below:
Follow the given steps to fill out the application form.
- Open the State Bank of India’s official career portal.
- Go to the menu bar and click on the “join SBI” drop-down option.
- Find and click the “current opening” option.
- On the page, find the advertisement “Recruitment of Junior Associate 2023 (Customer Support and Sales)” and click on “Apply Now.”
- A new page will appear on your screen. Click on “New Registration.”
- Fill in your name, age, and other details and move to the next page.
- Fill in the educational qualification details.
- Upload a scanned copy of the passport-size photo, signature, and left thumb impression in the given format.
- Before submitting your form, verify the filled-in details and pay the application fee.
- Download and print the form for future use.
Click here to apply for SBI Clerk 2023 Recruitment (Inactive)
SBI Clerk 2023 Application Fee
SBI Clerk 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Only those who fulfil all the SBI Clerk 2023 eligibility criteria, such as nationality (Indian), age limit, and education qualification, are eligible to apply. Note that candidates have to provide the related documents proving their eligibility at the time of their selection.
To be eligible to fill out the online application for SBI Clerk 2023, a candidate needs to be
- A citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal/Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who moved to India before January 1, 2023 or
- A person with Indian origin who moved to Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Vietnam, and East African countries such as Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi, and Uganda should remain in India.
2- Age limit
- The minimum age of a candidate for the junior associate post should be 20 years.
- The upper age limit for candidates should not be more than 28 years.
- Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC non-creamy layer candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates as per the government of India.
3- Educational Qualification
- Candidates must have completed their graduation degree (in any discipline) from a recognised university.
- Candidates must have studied the state language in their 10th and 12th grades. Those who don’t have such proof have to take the Language Proficiency Test.
- Aspirants should have computer proficiency.
SBI Clerk 2023 Selection Process
The SBI Clerk 2023 selection process includes Prelims exam and mains exam followed by the Language Proficiency Test. Here are complete details:
Preliminary Exam: The exam is conducted to qualify candidates for further rounds. There are a total of three sections, each with 100 marks. Only those who meet the cutoff will appear for the next round.
Mains Exam: Candidates who cleared the preliminary exam will appear for the mains exam. There are four sections of objective-type questions, consisting of 200 questions. Applicants will be selected on the basis of the marks obtained in the main exam.
Language Proficiency Test: Only those candidates who don’t have any certificates for the language of the state to which they have applied will appear in this round.
Candidates that are chosen will go through a six-month probationary period. After successfully completing the probationary period, the candidate would be hired by SBI on a permanent basis. Junior Associates are not eligible for inter-circle or inter-state transfers as the vacancies are filled state-wise.
SBI Clerk 2023 Exam Pattern
The SBI Clerk 2023 exam pattern is divided into two parts: Preliminary Examination and Mains Examination. The final selection is decided via the marks obtained by candidates in the main examination.
SBI Clerk Preliminary Exam Pattern
The Preliminary examination is the first stage of the SBI Clerk 2023 recruitment process. It is conducted for the purpose of shortlisting candidates for the mains examination. Aspirants can check the SBI clerk 2023 preliminary exam pattern in the table given below.
|SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Sections||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration of Exam|
|General English||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
- All questions on the exam will be of the objective type.
- There are 100 questions in the preliminary exam, and each question carries one mark.
- The duration of the exam is 60 minutes, but candidates only have 20 minutes to complete each section.
- Negative marking of 1/4 mark for an incorrect response.
- The preliminary stage’s marks are qualifying in nature and will not be taken into account when determining the final merit list.
SBI Clerk 2023 Mains Exam Pattern
For the main exam, SBI will shortlist applicants for nearly ten times the number of vacancies (category-wise). The score obtained in this examination will be included in the final merit list. The table below contains the SBI Clerk 2023 main exam pattern.
|SBI Clerk Main Exam Sections||Total number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude,||50||50||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||50||60||45 minutes|
|General/Financial Awareness.||50||50||35 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
- There are four sections in the main exam: general English, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, computer awareness, and general/financial awareness.
- The examination is conducted online, and it only includes objective-type questions.
- The main exam includes 190 questions worth 200 marks.
- There is a negative marking scheme of 1/4 marks.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours and 40 minutes, but candidates have to finish each section in the allotted time as mentioned in the table.
SBI Clerk 2023 Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
The candidates who qualify Mains examination have to appear in the Language Proficiency Test in order to assess their ability to understand the native/official language of the state/UT they’ve applied from. It is necessary for the candidates to pass the LPT in order to get the job of SBI Clerk.
SBI Clerk 2023 Syllabus
The SBI Clerk 2023 Syllabus is very similar to any other banking examination conducted annually. The syllabus conducted three major sections: English, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. Before starting your preparation, you need to go through the SBI Clerk 2023 Syllabus mentioned below:
English: Reading Comprehension, Sentence Rearrangement, Para Jumbles, Sentence Correction, Error Finding, Spell Checks, Fillers, Close Test.
Reasoning Ability: Syllogism, Blood Relation, Puzzles & Seating Arrangement, Machine Input/Output, Direction Sense, Inequality, Coding-Decoding, Statement & Assumption, Order & Ranking.
Quantitative Aptitude: Simplification & Approximation, Number Series, Date Interpretation, Data Sufficiency, Quadratic Equation, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Average, Percentage, SI & CI, Ration & Proportion.
General/Financial Awareness: Current Affairs, Awards & Honours, Latest Appointments, Central & State Govt. Scheme, Sports, Books & Authors, Static Awareness, Banking/Finance Related terms.
SBI Clerk 2023 Admit Card
The SBI Clerk 2023 admit card will be available online on the official website, sbi.co.in, few days before the examination. The admit card will be released in two stages- Prelims & Mains. Candidates need to login with Registration No./Roll. No and Date of Birth/Password in order to check your SBI Clerk 2023 Admit Card
SBI Clerk 2023 Result & Cut-Off
The State Bank of India will publish result individually for both phases: Prelims and Mains. To Get the final result, the candidates need need to clear cut-off of all sections in both examination. The cut-off will be released along with SBI Clerk Result 2023.
SBI Clerk 2023 FAQs
Ans- The official website of the State Bank of India, sbi.co.in.
Ans- The SBI Clerk 2023 notification will be released in the mid 2023.
Ans- The minimum qualification to be eligible for SBI Clerk 2023 is Graduation in any discipline from any recognised institution or its equivalent.
Ans-The selection process for SBI Clerk 2023 recruitment includes Preliminary and Mains Examination followed by a Language Proficiency Test.
A. The application fee for SBI Clerk 2023 recruitment for Gen/OBC/EWS is Rs. 750 while other categories are exempted from the fee.