SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2023: The State Bank of India conducts the SBI Clerk exam annually to recruit eligible candidates for the Junior Associate position. SBI released the SBI Clerk 2023 notification on its official website, www.sbi.co.in, on November 20, 2023. The SBI Clerk 2023 exam will be conducted to fill a total of 8773 SBI Junior Associates vacancies.
Those candidates who are interested in applying for the post must check the SBI Clerk 2023 eligibility criteria before applying for the post. The SBI Clerk eligibility criteria consist of nationality, age limit, and education qualification.
Candidates who do not meet the SBI Clerk eligibility requirements at any point will be disqualified from the final recruitment process. All the applicants have to submit the documents that support their eligibility at the document verification round. Check out the complete SBI Clerk eligibility criteria 2023 in the given article.
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2023
To be eligible for the SBI Clerk exam, candidates need to meet the SBI Clerk eligibility criteria set by the State Bank of India. Candidates have to submit the eligibility-proving documents at the time of their document verification.
- Age limit
- Age Reservation
- Education Qualification
- Number of Attempts
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2023: Nationality
- The applicant must be a citizen of India OR
- A subject of Nepal OR
- A subject of Bhutan OR
- Tiberian refugees who arrived in India for permanent residence before January 1, 1962.
- Migrants of Indian origin from Pakistan, Burma (Myanmar), Sri Lanka, or East African countries such as Uganda, Kenya, and the United Republic of Tanzania.
Note: Apart from Indian citizens, all the other candidates need to submit an eligibility certificate issued by the government of India.
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2023: Age Limit
As per the SBI Clerk age limit, the minimum age to apply for SBI Clerk 2023 is 20 years and the maximum age limit for candidates is 28 years. Candidates who belong to the reserved category will receive the age relaxation as per the GoI.
Check out the SCBI Clerk age limit for various categories in the given table.
|General||20 to 28 years|
|OBC||20 to 31 years|
|SC/ST||20 to 33 years|
|PwD (General)||20 to 38 years|
|PwD (SBI Clerk age limit OBC)||20 to 41 years|
|PwD (SBI Clerk age limit for SC/ST)||20 to 43 years|
|Persons Domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir State from|
Jan 1, 1980 to Dec 31, 1989
|20 to 33 years|
SBI Clerk Age Reservation
- Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST category candidates and J&K domicile persons from January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989.
- OBC candidates will get an age relaxation of 3 years.
- ESM and disabled ESM will get an additional three years apart from the actual period of service rendered in defence.
- Divorced, widowed, and judicially separated women from their husbands will get an age relaxation of up to 7 years.
- Disabled people in the General and EWS categories will be eligible for a 10-year age reservation.
- OBC applicants with disabilities would receive a 13-year age relaxation, while ST/SC candidates will receive a 15-year age relaxation.
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2023: Education Qualification
- As per the SBI Clerk qualification, the applicants must have a graduation degree in any discipline from any recognised university or its equivalent which is recognised by the GoI.
- Candidates with an Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) must have the date of passing on the BIDD before the guidelines mentioned in the official notification of the SBI Clerk 2023.
- Those currently enrolled in the final semester of graduation are eligible to appear for the SBI clerk exam; however, they must provide graduation certificates during the document verification/interview round.
- To be appointed as an SBI Clerk, candidates must have a strong command of the official and regional languages of their respective state.
- The candidates should also have basic knowledge of the computer.
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2023: Number of Attempts
The SBI has no set criteria for the number of attempts for the SBI Clerk exam. Candidates can apply for the recruitment until they meet the other guidelines, such as the age limit, set by the bank.
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2023: Points to Note
- Those candidates who previously worked in SBI as a clerk/officer post but resigned for any reason are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates with a record of defaulting on loans or credit card payments or whose names have an unfavourable report from CIBIL or another agency will be rejected.
SBI Clerk Important Links
|SBI Clerk 2023 Notification||SBI Clerk 2023 Syllabus|
|SBI Clerk 2023 Selection Process||SBI Clerk 2023 Books|
|SBI Clerk 2023 Exam Pattern||SBI Clerk 2023 Preparation Tips|
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2023 FAQs
Ans- As per the SBI Clerk age limit rule, candidates’ age should be between 20 to 28 years.
Ans- The OBC category will get the upper-age relaxation. As per the SBI Clerk eligibility rule, OBC category candidates’ upper age limit to apply is 31 years.
Ans- The required SBI Clerk qualification is a graduation degree in any discipline.
Ans- No, there is no limit, the candidate can apply until he reaches the maximum age limit.
Ans- SBI has not mentioned any SBI clerk eligibility graduation percentage criteria.
Ans-As per the SBI Clerk qualification, the applicants must have a graduation degree in any discipline from any recognised university or its equivalent which is recognised by the Government of India.
Ans- According to the SBI Clerk 2023 eligibility, the SBI Clerk age limit is between 20 and 28 years. OBC, SC, ST, and other reserved category candidates will get age relaxation. The SBI Clerk qualification is graduation in any discipline.