SBI Clerk 2023 Selection Process: The State Bank of India will release the selection process for the SBI Clerk 2023 examination on its official notification that will be published on its official website, www.sbi.co.in.
Those who clear all the stages will be appointed as Junior Associates. Selected candidates have to serve a probationary period of six months. Candidates should check SBI Clerk 2023 Eligibility Criteria before applying for the examination.
SBI Clerk 2023 Summery
|SBI Clerk 2023||Summary|
|Conducting Authority||State Bank Of India (SBI)|
|Exam Name||SBI Clerk 2023|
|Selection Process||1- Prelims Exam|
3- Language proficiency Test
|Mode of Exam||Online via CBT|
|Age Limit||21- 28 years|
|Education Qualification||Graduation ( any discipline)|
|SBI Official Website||sbi.co.in|
Detailed SBI Clerk 2023 Selection Process
The selection of candidates is based on a three-stage examination process. Candidates must clear every stage of the selection process in order to get selected for the SBI Clerk post.
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
The Preliminary Examination is the first stage of the SBI Clerk Selection Process. The exam is conducted online, and candidates have the options to choose whether to attempt the paper in English or Hindi. Candidates must check the SBI Clerk 2023 Syllabus in order to understand the subject as well as the topic included in the exam.
- There will be 3 sections, which include Reasoning Ability, Quantitive Aptitude and English language.
- The exam consists of 100 questions, each worth one mark.
- The time allotted for the examination is 60 minutes, which is divided into 20 minutes per section.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
- There will be no sectional cut-off in the preliminary exam.
- The preliminary exam is only to shortlist the candidates for the next stage and the score obtained in it by the candidates won’t be added to the final merit.
Shortlisted candidates from the preliminary exam appear for the main exam. The final merit list will be based on the SBI Clerk Mains exam.
- The main exam is divided into 4 sections, which include Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude, Quantitative Aptitude, General English, and General and Financial Awareness.
- The exam consists of 190 questions worth 200 marks.
- Candidates need to finish the exam within 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- For every incorrect answer, a 1/4 mark will be deducted from the total score.
- There will be no section cutoff, but candidates have to score the minimum qualifying score.
- A 5% reservation on aggregate marks will be given to SC/ST/OBC/XS/PWD category candidates.
Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
Candidates who clear both the prelims and main exams will be called for the final round. The language proficiency test is conducted to check the reading, writing, and speaking skills of candidates in their native language.
- In this round, candidates must present their 10th or 12th-grade certificate to prove that they chose their native language for upper secondary education.
- A specific local language test will be held for other successful candidates who do not have such certificates.
- The test will be conducted before joining.
- In order to qualify for the LPT, applicants must have a good understanding as well as writing knowledge of the native/ local language of the UT/State they’ve applied from, or else they won’t get selected for the post of SBI Clerk.
Provisional Selection for SBI Clerk 2023
After conducting all the rounds, SBI will release the provisional merit list for SBI clerks. The merit list will be prepared state- and category-wise. Only those candidates who have cleared the main examination and have passed the language proficiency test (if applicable) and met all the eligibility criteria set by SBI will be posted in their preferred state and city. After successfully joining, candidates will not get transfers for 5 years.
SBI Clerk 2023 Waiting List
A waiting list will be prepared by the SBI. The waiting list will have the names of candidates who can get the opportunity to join the SBI clerk post if there are any vacancies that are not filled.
A candidate must obtain the minimum qualifying marks in order to be placed on this waiting list. The waiting list will be valid for up to a year. candidates will be assigned for the post in SBI in case of non-joining or resignation by selected candidates.
Candidates will serve a six-month probationary period following the selection process. In this period, candidates have to finish their allotted 15 e-lessons. The probation period can be extended based on the performance of candidates. After successfully completing these e-lessons in six months, candidates will be allotted the post of SBI Clerk (Junior Associate).
SBI Clerk 2023 Selection Process FAQs
Ans- The selection is based on preliminary, mains, and LPT.
Ans- Prelims exam consist of 100 marks while the main exam consists of 200 marks.
Ans- There is no limit to appearing in the exam. candidates can apply for the post until they reach the maximum age limit.
Ans- After the selection, candidates serve a six-month probationary period.
Ans- No, those candidates who have proof of the state language they have studied in the 10th/12th class will not appear for LPT.
Hello Mam What is the training duration for sbi clerk?
Six months are required for the SBI Clerk’s overall training.
What is the SBI clerk’s monthly salary?
The basic salary of an SBI Clerk is between Rs 26,000 and Rs 29,000 per month.
Does SBI Clerk 2023 have any negative markings?
Yes, there’s a negative marking of 0.25 for every incorrect answer.