The State Bank of India conducts the SBI PO exam annually to recruit the deserving candidates for the post of Probationary Officer. The probationary officer is an entry-level managerial position. The SBI PO examination is one of the top banking exams in India 2023 among banking aspirants.
SBI PO 2023 Notification
The State Bank of India will publish the SBI PO 2023 notification for the position of probationary officer on their official website at sbi.co.in (Latest Update here). The announcement will include all necessary details about the hiring process, including important dates, the job opening, the age restriction, the required level of education, the application and selection process, etc.
SBI PO 2023 Important Dates
Although the State Bank of India has not yet announced the exact dates for SBI PO 2023, the online application process is expected to start in April month of 2023. The dates will be updated here as soon as the SBI releases the SBI PO 2023 notification on its official website. Meanwhile, candidates can view the tentative schedule for SBI PO 2023, which is provided below.
|Application Release||April 2023|
|Preliminary Exam Admit Card||June 2023|
|Preliminary Exam||first week of July 2023|
|Result Of Preliminary Exam||Second week of July 2023|
|Mains Exam Admit Card||July 2023|
|Mains Exam||First week of August 2023|
|Result of Main Exam||Second week of August 2023|
|Call Letter for Interview||September 2023|
|Group Exercise and Interview||September 2023|
|Declaration of Result||November 2023|
SBI PO 2023 Vacancy
The State Bank of India will reveal the vacancies for the SBI PO 2023 examination along with releasing its notification. The bank will announce the opening for the post of the Probationary Officer as per the bank’s requirement.
Although the vanities are yet to be revealed, the expected vacancies in 2023 are around 1700-1800. The category wise vacancies will be released on the official website of the SBI. Meanwhile, you can check the previous year vacancies of the SBI PO.
- SBI PO 2019- 2000
- SBI PO 2020- 2000
- SBI PO 2021- 2056
- SBI PO 2022- 1673
- SBI PO 2023- To be announced soon
SBI PO 2023 Elgibility Criteria
Before appearing for the examination or preparing for SBI PO 2023, candidates need to fulfill the SBI PO 2023 eligibility criteria, such as nationality, age limit, education qualification, and some other criteria. The candidates who don’t meet the eligibility criteria set the the SBI, will not be able to fill the online application for the SBI PO 2023.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who settled in India before January 1, 1962 or
- Indian-origin migrants come from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma (Myanmar), Vietnam, and East African nations such as Zambia, Zaire, Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, and Ethiopia.
- Candidates must hold a graduation degree in any discipline from a central government-recognized university.
- Candidates with chartered accountant qualifications may also apply.
- The percentage eligibility is not mentioned by SBI.
Number of Attempts
- The number of attempts is limited. Candidates cannot participate in the examination after they exceed the limit.
- Candidates in the general category have four chances to pass the SBI PO exam 2023, while those in the general (PWD) and OBC (PWD) categories have seven chances.
- There is no limit for the candidates being to the SC/ST categories.
SBI PO 2023 Age Limit
- The age limit for candidates who are interested in applying for the PO post 2023 in SBI is 21 years to 30 years.
- A 3-year age relaxation will be given to OBC non-creamy layer applicants.
- Age relaxation of 5 years will be allowed for SC/ST/ESM.
- PWD category candidates will be given a 10- to 15-year age relaxation depending on their category.
SBI PO 2023 Application Fee
Candidates have to pay the nominal application charge for SBI PO 2023. The Application fee can be paid online via net banking, credit card, or debit card. The applicant should note that the application fee is non-refundable.
- General/OBS/EWS: Rs.750/-
- SC/ST/PWD: NIL
SBI PO 2023 Application Process
Candidates must first register with the SBI Career Portal. The application link will be available on the official website of SBI. On the release of the application, candidates can follow the given steps to complete their online application procedure.
- Visit the official SBI website sbi.co.in.
- Locate the advertisement section on the homepage.
- Find the notification for “Recruitment of Probationary Officer 2023” and click on “Apply Online.”
- New users must click the “Click here for new registration” link.
- Complete your registration with a valid number, email address, and security code.
- login to your account.
- Upload required documents such as a photograph (200 x 230 pixels) and signature (140 x 60 pixels).
- The SBI application form 2023 will appear on your screen.
- Fill out the application form with accurate information about your name, education, qualifications, etc.
- Review your application and proceed further with the application fee.
- Pay the nominal charge and submit your application.
SBI PO 2023 Selection Process
On the preliminary examination, main examination, group exercise, and interview, the SBI PO 2023 selection process is based on these 3 rounds. The candidates who successfully clear all three stages are selection for the post of SBI PO.
Screening of candidates is done through the prelims, and the final selection is based on their performance in the main exam, group discussion, and interview. Details related to each phase, along with the exam pattern, are provided below.
Stage I- SBI PO 2023 Preliminary Examination
The first stage of the SBI PO 2023 is the preliminary exam, which is conducted for the shortlisting or screening of candidates. The exam consists of three sections with objective-type questions.
Altogether, there are 100 questions worth 1 mark each. Candidates should note that there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer. Candidates have to complete the examination within 60 minutes.
Stage II- SBI PO 2023 Mains Examination
Those who meet the cutoff for the preliminary exam will appear for the main examination. The main exam will be divided into two sections: objective and descriptive.
Candidates will be given 3 hours to finish their objective section and 30 minutes to complete the descriptive section. The exam will consist of 157 questions worth 250 marks. The descriptive section will be checked only if the candidate clears the objective section.
Stage III- SBI PO 2023 Group Discussion and Interview
Those who meet the cutoff for the mains examination will be called for the GD and interview rounds. The interview will be worth 30 points, while the group discussion will be worth 20.
The final selection will be based on the weightage of both the main exam and GD/PI in the ratio of 75:25.
SBI PO 2023 Important Documents
- SBI PO 2023 Application Form and Interview Admit Card
- DOB proof (10th or 12th-grade mark sheet)
- Graduation Degree
- Photo ID proof like an Aadhar card, driving license, etc.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates must carry a caste certificate issued by the concerned authority under the GOI.
- PWD candidates must bring a disability certificate issued by the District Medical Board.
- PIOs and citizens of other nations must submit an eligibility certificate from the Indian government.
- ESM needs to carry a discharge certificate and an experience letter.
- Candidates from J&K must bring a domicile certificate for age relaxation.
- Other eligibility-supporting documents.
SBI PO 2023 Exam Pattern
SBI PO 2023 exam patterns consist two different exam patterns, one for the preliminary exam and another for the main exam. The candidates should have all the information regarding the exam pattern in order to prepare efficiently for the exam. Check the details below to know about the SPI PO exam pattern.
SBI PO 2023 Preliminary Exam Pattern
|SBI PO Prelims exam Section||Total Questions||Total Mark allotted||Time|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
SBI PO 2023 Mains Exam Pattern
|SBI PO Mains Exam||SBI PO Mains Exam Section||Total Questions||Total Marks||Time|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General, Economy, and banking awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|English (Letter writing and essay writing )||2||50||30 minutes|
|TOTAL||157||250||3 hours 30 minutes|
SBI PO 2023 Syllabus
Those who are preparing for the SBI PO examination 2023 should note that you have to prepare thoroughly wide range of topics that includes different sections of the prelims and main examination. Candidates should check the previous year’s paper and attend the mock test in order to perform well in the SBI PO 2023. Check the complete SBI PO 2023 syllabus here.
SBI PO 2023 Preliminary Exam Syllabus
- English Language: reading comprehension, cloze test, fill in the blank, vocabulary, para jumbles, error spotting, paragraph completion, tenses, sentence completion.
- Quantitative Aptitude: profit loss, simplification, work and time, sequence and series, mixtures and allegations, permutations, combinations, probability, mensuration, time and distance, date interpretation, percentage, number system ratio, and proportion.
- Reasoning Ability: Logical reasoning, alphanumeric series, directions, alphabet test, data sufficiency, ranking and order, seating arrangement, puzzle, blood relation, coding-decoding, input-output, tabulation, syllogisms, coded inequalities
SBI PO 2023 Mains Exam Syllabus
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude: verbal reasoning, circular setting arrangement, linear setting arrangement, double lineups, syllogisms, scheduling, input-output, ordering and ranking, direction and distance, blood relation, coding-decoding, critical reasoning, data sufficiency, course of action, coding inequalities, data analysis, the internet, memory, keyboard shortcuts, computer hardware, computer software, abbreviations, networking, operating systems, and logic gates.
- Data Analysis and Interpretation: Bar graph, line graph, tabular graph, charts and tables, missing case DI, radar graph case, probability, data sufficiency, let it be case DI, Pi chart, permutations, and combinations.
- General economy and banking awareness: general awareness, financial awareness, current affairs, static awareness, banking policies and terminologies, banking awareness, and principles of insurance.
- English language: reading comprehension, verbal ability, grammar, cloze test, sentence improvement, word association, para jumbles, spotting errors, fill in the blanks.
SBI PO 2023 Preparation Books
Candidates who will appear in the SBI PO exam 2023 must understand the syllabus. English, quantitative aptitude, logic, computer knowledge, general awareness, and banking awareness are the primary topics covered in the top banking exams in India. The provided SBI PO 2023 books can be used by applicants to expedite their preparation.
SBI PO 2023 Admit Card
Applicants can download the admit card through the official website of SBI at www.sbi.co.in. candidate’s registration number, date of birth, and password are required to download the admit card. The candidate needs to carry the admit card along with a passport-size photo to the exam center for verification.
Applicants can follow the given steps to download the SBI PO admit card
- Visit the official site the State Bank of India, www.sbi.co.in.
- On the homepage, click on the “career” tab.
- Find the advertisement for ” SBI PO recruitment.”
- In the drop-down menu, find and click on the “SBI PO download call letter ” link.
- Put in your registration number and DOB to log in.
- Download and print the admit card for SBI PO.
SBI PO 2023 Result
Following the release of the SBI PO result, the SBI releases the cut-off based on candidate performance. The cutoffs for each preliminary and main examination will be released separately.
Candidates should note that the marks from the preliminary exam are not included in the final section. It will be conducted as a qualifying exam.
SBI PO 2023 Cut-Off
The final merit list & SBI PO cut-off will be prepared out of 100 marks. For each category, the weightage of the written examination will be 75%, while the weightage of the group discussion and interview will be 25%. Those who will get the top merit rank in each category will be selected.
Every year, lakhs of students appear for the SBI PO examination, and the number of attempts to appear in the exam is so limited so to beat this competition, candidates should know the tricks, strategies, and critical factors that will help them achieve a high score in the examination.
Note that time management is the key. Candidates should go through the previous year’s exam and take mock tests to improve their speed. Applicants should visit the SBI official website on a regular basis to stay up to date on SBI PO openings and exam schedules.
SBI PO 2023 FAQs
A- The tentative date of SBI PO 2023 is April 2023.
A- You can apply for the exam from the official website https://sbi.co.in/web/careers
A- The mode of the exam is Online only.
A- The age limit for the general category is 21-30 years. For other categories, it depends on the government’s current rule.
A- The candidate must graduate or the final year of graduation to apply for SBI PO 2023.
A- SBI PO basic salary is Rs. 42000-44,000/- per month with handsome incentives or other benefits.
A- The probationary officer is an entry-level managerial position that includes clerical work, loan management, opening bank accounts, etc.
A- Yes, there is a negative marking in the SBI PO exam. The deduction of marks is .25.
A- Yes, the maximum number of attempts for the General category is 4, OBC- 7, PwD (General/ OBC/ EWS)- 7, SC/ST/PwD(SC/ST) no restriction.
hello mam i have done my graduation in open university can i apply for SBI PO exm ?
Yes, you can apply as the minimum qualification required is Graduation form a government recognized University.
what is the age limit for ex serviceman…
5 years of age relaxation.
minimum marks required to qualify SBI PO mains exam?
I am waiting for my graduation final year result can I apply for sbi po exam?
Thank You mam for sharing the article.
Your welcome Mohit. Keep checking the article for latest information.
Ma’am ye information sure hai?? Bcz har jagah alg alg bta rhe hai mtlv…… August me pre. Or October me maine
SBI ne abhi official notification release nahi kiya hai. Jo dates is article mai mention kari gai hai wo tentative dates hai yani expected dates. Jaise hi offical dates aayengi, is article mai wo exact dates update ho jayengi.
Hlw mam mene 10th k baad Diploma kiya he fir btech complete Kiya he… Kya SBI PO kliye me eligible nhi hun.
If you have completed a graduation degree in any specialization (even B.Tech), you are eligible for SBI PO Exam.
Hello mam, I’m 20 years old, but recently I’m in the final year and I want to apply for SBI PO. So am I eligible for this?
Only graduates with min 60% marks are eligible for the exam.
Final year students de sakte hai exam
Yes, you can, but it’s compulsory to graduate by the time the candidates are called for the Interview round.