SBI PO 2023 Exam Pattern: The State Bank of India conducts the SBI PO exam in three stages prelims, mains and interviews. Every year lakhs of candidates appear for the exam but only those who keep themselves up to date with the SBI PO Exam Pattern, Syllabus and latest trends are able to ace the exam.
Candidates of all categories will get limited attempts to clear the examination except SC/ST candidates, so it is very important to understand the exam pattern before starting the preparation.
The exam pattern of each stage is distinct; therefore, aspirants should examine the pattern of each stage. This article will provide complete information about the exam pattern for SBI PO 2023.
SBI PO 2023 Exam Pattern
The SBI PO Exam Pattern is divided into two parts: prelims and mains. The SBI PO Prelims are qualifying in nature. Marks obtained in prelims are not considered for the merit list. The final section is based on the SBI PO Mains Exam and interview.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern
The Preliminary Examination is the first stage of the selection procedure of SBI PO and it is conducted online to shortlist the candidates for the main examination. Candidates must secure the cut-off marks set by the State Bank of India in order to appear in the main examination.
- The preliminary exam consists of 100 questions, each worth one mark.
- Candidates get 60 minutes to finish the entire paper.
- There are three sections in the prelims exam: English language, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning ability.
- The format of the exam is objective in nature with multiple-choice questions.
- Every incorrect answer will result in a deduction of 0.25 marks.
|SBI PO Prelims Exam Section||Total Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
SBO PO 2023 Mains Exam Pattern
Only shortlisted candidates from the SBI PO prelims exam will appear for the mains exam. The examination will be conducted online via Computer-Based Test (CBT). The pattern of the main exam is slightly different from the preliminary exam.
- The main exam has 157 questions for 250 marks.
- Candidates have to finish the exam within 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- The main exam will include both objective and descriptive questions.
- The objective part is divided into 4 sections: English language, reasoning and computer aptitude, data analysis and interpretation, general/economics, and banking awareness.
- The descriptive part has only one section of the English language, which includes letter and essay writing.
- A negative mark for every incorrect answer is 0.25 marks.
- The descriptive part of the exam will be checked only if the candidates clear the objective part of the exam.
- Candidates who meet the sectional and overall cutoffs will appear for the interview round.
|SBI PO Mains Exam Format||SBI PO Mains Exam Section||Total Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Objective Part||Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||35 minutes|
|General, Economic and banking awareness||40||45||45 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Descriptive part||English Language|
letter and essay writing
|TOTAL||157||250||3 hours and 30 minutes|
Those who pass the main exam will appear for the GD and interview rounds. The weightage of the main examination is 75%, while the interview will add 25% weightage to the merit list.
To obtain high scores, candidates should review the SBI PO 2023 Syllabus, and previous exam papers to understand the important topics, and to improve speed, aspirants should regularly take part in mock tests.
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2023 FAQs
Ans- The prelims consist of three major sections: English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning.
Ans- Yes, for every incorrect answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Ans- SBI PO will be selected on the basis of the main exam and GD/interview.
Ans- The first two phases will be conducted online, while interviews will be conducted offline.
Ans- The SBI PO Mains Pattern consists of 157 questions for 250 marks. There will be a negative mark for every incorrect answer is 0.25 marks and the duration of the exam is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
Ans- The SBI PO Prelims syllabus consists of three sections which are English language, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning ability.
Ans- The SBI PO exam pattern for prelims consists of 3 sections with a total of 100 questions, each worth one mark. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect response. The duration of the exam is 60 minutes.
Ans- As per the tentative schedule, the SBI PO prelims exam will be conducted in November 2023, while the SBI PO mains exam will be conducted in December 2023 or January 2024.