SBI PO 2023 Selection Process: The State Bank of India conducts the SBI PO examination every year to recruit eligible candidates for the position of probationary officer. The SBI established a multi-stage examination process for the selection, as a large number of candidates are participating in the SBI PO 2023 exam.
latest Jobs & Education के लिए सब्स्क्राइब करें
The selection procedure for SBI PO 2023 examination is divided into the following stages and the candidates need to qualify all the three stages successfully in order to get the final selection.
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
- Group Discussion/Interview
|SBI PO 2023 Selection Process Summary|
|Conducting Authority||State Bank of India (SBI)|
|Position||Probationary Officer (PO)|
|Selection Process||1- Prelims|
|Mode of Exam||Online via CBT|
|Age Limit||21 to 30 years|
|Education Qualification||Graduation (any discipline)|
After each level candidates, who are ineligible or unqualified are eliminated. The preliminary exam selection process for SBI PO 2023 is qualifying in nature, candidates are ultimately selected depending on their performance in the main exam and GD/interviews. The admit card for each round will be available on the SBI’s official website.
To appear in the examination a candidate must meet the SBI PO 2023 eligibility criteria such as nationality, age limit, age relaxationand educational qualification.
Stage I: SBI PO 2023 Preliminary Examination
As per the reports, the SBI PO 2023 prelims exam will be held by SBI in the second week of July 2023 (tentatively). The preliminary exam is conducted to shortlist candidates.
- Applicants should note that the score of this examination is not included in the merit list.
- The prelims exam will contain three sections, which include reasoning ability, English language proficiency, and quantitative aptitude.
- The exam consists of 100 questions worth one mark each and the time limit to finish each section is 20 minutes.
- There is no sectional cut-off in the SBI PO preliminary exam; candidates will be qualified for the main examination on the basis of their overall score in all sections.
Stage II: SBI PO 2023 Main Examination
SBI will conduct the SBI PO main exam in the month of August 2023 (tentatively). Shortlisted candidates from the prelims exam will appear for the SBI PO main examination.
- It is very important to note that the marks obtained in this round have a weightage of 75%.
- The main exam has two parts -the objective part and the descriptive part.
- The objective part has 4 sections, which include “Reasoning and Computer Aptitude”, “Data Analysis and Interpretation, “General Economy/ Banking Awareness”, and “English Language”, whereas in the descriptive part there are only 2 questions on English language letter and essay writing.
- There will be 157 questions worth 250 marks.
- Candidates have to match the overall cut-off as well as the sectional cut-off to qualify for the next round.
Stage III: SBI PO 2023 Interview
The interview for SBI PO 2023 will be held in September 2023 (tentative month). Those who meet the main cutoff will be called for the GD/interview rounds.
- Candidates initially appear for a group discussion worth 20 marks, followed by a 30-mark personal interview.
- The weightage of this round is 25%.
- In this round, questions are asked about personal, educational and professional qualifications.
- The marks obtained in this round are included in the final selection.
- Candidates need to carry all the original documents proving their eligibility along with photocopies for verification at the time of the interview.
SBI PO 2023 Required Documents
At the time of the interview, candidates must have all of the following documentation with them. These documents must be issued by the relevant department of the Indian government.
- SBI PO admit card/ call letter for the interview
- Valid Photo ID proof
- 10th, 12th, and graduation mark sheets
- Caste certificate (If any)
- Disability certificate(If any)
- For POI – Eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India
- For ESM -Discharge Book
- Other eligibility certificates.
The State Bank of India will release the cutoff for each stage examination on their official website at sbi.co.in. The candidates who pass all the rounds will be recruited as probationary officers in the SBI. Selected candidates serve a probation period of 2 years to become permanent employees of SBI.
SBI PO 2023 Selection Process FAQs
A- Yes SBI release the SBI PO recruitment notification annually on their official website
A- Prelims and main exams are conducted online while the interview is conducted offline.
Ans- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of mains and interviews with a weightage ratio of 70:20.
Ans-The exam will be conducted online and candidates will get 30 minutes to finish the exam
what is the sc category’s age restriction?
There’s no age restriction for SC category but an age relaxation of 5 Yeas is given.
hi, ma’am Are there both objective and descriptive questions on the sbi po prelims exam?
There are only objective questions in SBI PO Preliminary exam. Descriptive part comes in the Mains.
How can I register for the SBI PO Exam?
Follow the below steps
– Visit SBI’s website. (Check link in the article)
– Visit the ‘Recruitment of Probationary Officers’ advertising.
– To apply online, select the link.
– Click the “Click Here for New Registration” link to see the registration page.
– Enter names, cell phone numbers, email addresses, and security codes to register.
– When you register successfully, a registration ID and password are generated.
Hello, ma’am. Could you please inform me the beginning salary for an SBI PO?
The basic pay of an SBI PO ranges from 40,000 to 45,000/-
Does the SBI PO Exam include any negative marking?
Yes, there is negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.