SSC CHSL Preparation 2023: One of India’s most sought-after competitive exams is the SSC CHSL. More than lakhs of candidates appear in this exam every year. As a result of this tough competition, only those who have prepared adequately are able to take the available posts. Hence, before starting their preparation, candidates should make a preparation plan to ace the SSC CHSL 2023 Exam.
The SSC CHSL 2023 selection process is divided into two parts: Tier 1 and Tier 2. Before beginning the preparation, it is crucial to be familiar with the syllabus and exam format for each tier. The subject that is included in the SSC CHSL 2023 syllabus is provided below.
|Tier I||Tier 2|
|General Intelligence||Mathematical Abilities|
|General Awareness||Reasoning and general intelligence|
|Quantative Aptitude||English language and comprehension|
|Skill Test/ Typing Test|
SSC CHSL 2023 Subject-wise Preparation Strategies
The applicants can adopt a comprehensive strategy and create a schedule for themselves by knowing the SSC CHSL preparation guidelines. While preparing for the exam, it is crucial to concentrate on each subject individually. It will help them keep track of their weak and strong points in various subjects. Check out subject-wise preparation tips and strategies for the exam below.
Quantative Aptitude Preparation Strategies
- The quantitative aptitude exam consists of 50 marks in the Tier 1 exam. This section tests the candidates’ IQ as well as their problem-solving approach.
- Candidates should work on their calculative approaches. Learn square, square root, cube roots, tables up to 30, fractions of percentages, etc.
- The more they solve questions, the more they become proficient in this section. Candidates should solve 30 to 40 questions daily.
- 2-3 days prior to the exam, candidates should only solve the previous year’s exam papers rather than learning any new concepts to speed up their calculation.
English Language Preparation Strategies
- English is one of the high-scoring subjects, and if prepared well, this section can be solved in less time.
- Most errors are made in the grammar area. Therefore, it’s crucial for candidates to pay attention to their grammar. Try to become familiar with all grammar rules. High School English Grammar by Wren and Martin is one of the best books to learn grammar.
- The second important topic in this section is vocabulary. Candidates should try to learn and memorise 5–10 words daily, along with their synonyms and antonyms.
- The candidates will acquire new words and improve their reading comprehension if they regularly read newspapers.
General Intelligence and Reasoning Preparation Strategies
- General intelligence is included in both Tier 1 and Tier 2 exams. This section includes both verbal and non-verbal questions.
- Symbolic/numerical analogy, semantic analogy, semantic classification, symbolic operations, and figural analogy are some of the major topics of the general intelligence sections.
- Candidates must take brief notes of the formulas and other tricks that must be used to solve reasoning questions.
- Candidates must first comprehend the idea in order to practise 30 to 40 questions each day and improve their speed when answering the questions.
General Awareness Preparation Strategies
- General awareness is part of both tiers. In Tier 1, the exam consists of 50 marks, while in Tier 2, it consists of 90 marks. This section can raise your score if you prepare carefully.
- There are two important parts to this section: static GK and current affairs.
- Regularly reading newspapers and making notes of important dates, recent events, economic growth, etc. can help candidates remember all the crucial topics.
- Use the NCERT social studies textbooks for grades 6–8 to learn about the history, politics, geography, and economy of India. Candidates should also refer to the NCERT science book to know the various topics included in the exam.
Computer Knowledge Preparation Strategies
- The Tier 2 exam includes computer knowledge. This section consists of 45 marks and includes basic questions related to computers.
- For Computer Syllabus preparation, learn about the organisation, CPU, and fundamental computer shortcuts.
- After you have learned the fundamentals of computers, move on to Windows-based programmes like MS Office and online banking applications.
- This section’s syllabus is not that vast, hence candidates can easily cover all the topics in a short time period.
SSC CHSL 2023 Preparation Plan by Expert
1. Understand the Exam Pattern
SSC has made significant modifications to its exam pattern, hence, it is important to check the SSC CHSL 2023 Exam Pattern first. Knowing the exam pattern will also help candidates know the marking scheme, subject, and time allotment-related information.
2. Know the Syllabus
The SSC CHSL 2023 syllabus was released along with the recruitment notification. The syllabus will help candidates know the topics included in the exam. Candidates should divide the syllabus subject-wise for their preparation.
3. Select the right Preparation book
Most of the candidates are not able to perform well in the exam due to a lack of understanding of the topics. Here, books play a vital role. Candidates should choose SSC CHSL 2023 books from a renowned publisher and author. Candidates must initially focus on grasping the topic and formula rather than studying various shortcuts and strategies for memorization.
4- Make a Study Plan and Time Table
Once candidates are aware of the exam format, curriculum, and recommended reading lists, they must concentrate on their studies. Candidates shouldn’t focus exclusively on their preparation. Making an effective study schedule and timetable will assist applicants in allocating time for each topic equally.
5- Mock Test and Previous year Paper
It’s vital to start taking the mock tests as soon as you’ve finished the complete curriculum because it will help applicants get used to the screen. Additionally, it will enable candidates to assess their level of preparation. Exam papers from prior years will assist candidates in understanding the key topics included in the test.
SSC CHSL Preparation 2023 FAQs
Ans- Yes, candidates can prepare for the exam without any coaching. Once they are familiar with the syllabus and exam format, they can learn from a variety of free online lectures that are available on the internet.
Ans-Candidates should create a subject-wise study schedule with adequate revision time for their preparation. Give mock tests frequently, look at last year’s papers, and use cutoffs to determine your goals.
Ans-With a proper timetable and a daily study routine of 3-4 hours, candidates can easily pass the exam after 4-5 months of preparation.
How can I start studying for the SSC CHSL exam in 2023?
Candidates who intend to sit for the forthcoming CHSL test can use SSC CHSL preparation 2023. The English, General Intelligence and Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness parts of the Tier 1 SSC CHSL exam are the four sections of the exam. For a high exam result, it’s important to prepare thoroughly for each section. The following list includes some advice for 2023’s SSC CHSL preparation:
Continually read the papers.
Examine your findings after finishing a practice exam.
Examine the SSC CHSL practice tests from past years.
Pay attention to your time management abilities.
How can I pass the SSC CHSL exam on my first attempt?
With your commitment and effort, you can ass the SSC CHSL exam on your first try. You must put all of your attention on it without taking any breaks. Give each subject the proper amount of time, and thoroughly prepare for the exam’s questions. To create your study plan, use the SSC CHSL preparation advice provided here, broken down by subject.
How should I prepare for the General Awareness section of the SSC CHSL exam ?
You can create a strategy to cover the majority of the key themes in this portion using the SSC CHSL preparation guidelines for the General Awareness segment. As you are aware, there is a substantial curriculum in the General Awareness portions. The following are some tips for SSC CHSL general awareness section preparation:
Every day, read the daily or monthly current affairs.
Use the Social Studies and Science textbooks from NCERT for Grades
6 through 8 to practice static GK concepts.
Discover the art and culture of the Indian states and territories via reading.
What positions are covered by the SSC CHSL 2023 examination?
The SSC CHSL 2023 exam will be held to fill positions for Lower Divisional Clerk/Junior Secretariat Assistant, Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, Data Entry Operator, and Data Entry Operator (Grade A).
Can I easily pass the SSC CHSL?
Yes, the SSC CHSL exam becomes rather simple to pass with frequent preparation and the right determination.