SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria: Every year, the Staff Selection Commission holds the SSC CPO test to choose qualified applicants for the position of Sub-Inspector in the Security forces, including the CRPF, CISF, ITBP, BSF, CASF, etc.
The SSC Exam Calendar 2023–24 has been released, and as per this calendar, the Staff Selection Commission will soon release the official notification of the SSC CPO 2023 Recruitment Examination on its official website, www.ssc.nic.in. Hence candidates who are interested to join SSC CPO must check the eligibility requirement before applying for the examination.
SSC CPO 2023 Selection Process
Before starting preparation for the examination, candidates need to know about the SSC CPO 2023 Selection Process, which comprises the following stages:
- Paper 1 (Online Written Examination)
- Physical Endurance Test (PET)/Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Paper 2 Written Examination
- Medical Exam
SSC CPO 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates willing to apply for the examination this year must meet the SSC CPO 2023 Eligibility Criteria set by the Staff Selection Commission. It consists of various parameters, which are provided below:
- Educational Qualification
- Age Limit
- Age Relaxation
To apply for the SSC CGL 2023 examination, a candidate must be
- A citizen of India OR
- A subject of Nepal OR
- A subject of Bhutan OR
- A Tibetan refugee migrated to India before January 1, 1962 OR
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Sri Lanka, Burma (Myanmar), Pakistan, Vietnam, and East African nations including Ethiopia, Uganda, Zaire, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, etc.
- Candidates other than Indian citizens must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
- Candidates must have a Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised University or its equivalent.
- Candidates who have completed graduation from an open or distance learning mode of education are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have not yet acquired but will acquire the educational qualification and produce documentary evidence from the Board/University in support thereof as of the date mentioned in the official notification of SSC CPO 2023 will also be eligible.
The Candidate’s age must fall within the specified range in addition to their nationality. The SSC CPO Age Limit is provided here in accordance with government guidelines. The same must be examined by candidates for a better understanding.
- Minimum Age Limit: 20 years
- Maximum Age Limit: 25 years
Candidates from reserved categories will receive age relaxation with specific limitations. They must have their age certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned authority under the GoI to get the age relaxation. Category-wise age relaxation is provided in the given table.
|Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as so on the closing date|
For the post of Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police
|Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not re-married||Up to 35 years of age|
|Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not re-married (SC/ST)||Up to 40 years of age|
For Departmental candidates of Delhi Police against the vacancies of Delhi Police only
|Departmental candidates (Unreserved) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date||Up to 30 years of age|
|Departmental candidates (OBC) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date||Up to 33 years of age|
|Departmental candidates (SC/ ST) who have|
rendered not less than 3 years of regular and
continuous service as on the closing date
|Up to 35 years of age|
SSC CPO 2023 Eligibility Driving Licence
To be eligible for the post of Sub-Inspector in the Delhi Police, male candidates must possess a valid driving licence for LMV (motorcycle and car) as of the date fixed for physical endurance and standard tests.
SSC CPO 2023 FAQs
A. Yes, a candidate in his/her final year of graduation will be eligible of SSC CPO 2023 only if his/her result will be declared on or before the date mentioned in the official notification.
A. The age limit for SSC CPO 2023 for general category lies between 20 and 25 years.
A. The official website of the Staff Selection Commission is www.ssc.nic.in.
A. Candidates must have a Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised University or its equivalent.