SSC CPO 2023 Exam Pattern: SSC CPO stands for the Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organization. Candidates who are preparing for the SSC CPO 2023 Recruitment Examination must be aware of the exam pattern and syllabus for Paper 1 and Paper 2 in order to ace the examination.
The Staff Selection Commission will soon release the notification for SSC CPO 2023 on its official website, www.ssc.nic.in. It is a national-level examination that provides a fantastic opportunity for candidates who want to work in the defence sector at the central government level.
Knowing the exam pattern will help the candidates to build strategies which will help them to achieve a good score in the examination. Candidates can review the detailed SSC CPO 2023 Exam Pattern below.
SSC CPO 2023 Overview
|Name of the Examination||Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organisation|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Name of the Posts||Sub-inspector in Delhi Police, CISF, BSF, CRPF, CISF, SSB and Assistant Sub-Inspector in CISF|
|Mode of Application||Online|
SSC CPO 2023 Selection Process
Before starting preparation for the examination, candidates need to know about the SSC CPO 2023 Selection Process, which comprises the following stages:
- Paper 1 (Online Written Examination)
- Physical Endurance Test (PET)/Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Paper 2 Written Examination
- Medical Examination
SSC CPO 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates willing to apply for the examination this year must meet the SSC CPO 2023 Eligibility Criteria set by the Staff Selection Commission. It consists of various parameters, which are provided below:
- Educational Qualification
- Age Limit
- Age Relaxation
SSC CPO 2023 Exam Pattern
The SSC CPO 2023 examination has three phases, and candidates need to qualify each phase in order to get final selection in the position of sub-inspector in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF). Candidates must go through the SSC CPO Exam Pattern to boost their preparation.
|Paper||Type of Examination||Mode of Examination|
|Paper 1||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|PET/PST||Long Jump, Running, High Jump and Short Put||Physical Exam|
|Paper 2||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
SSC CPO 2023 Paper 1
- The first stage of the SSC CPO 2023 is the Online Written Examination- Paper 1, which includes four sections: Reasoning, Quantitive Aptitude, English & comprehension, and General Awareness.
- Each section comprises 50 questions, which means Paper 1 comprises a total of 200 questions worth 1 mark each.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
- Also, there isn’t any sectional timing, and the time allotted for the whole examination is 2 hours.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|English Language & Comprehension||50||50|
|Total||200||200||A composite Time of 2 hours|
Physical Endurance Test/Physical Standard Test (PET/PST)
The Physical Standard Test/Physical Endurance Test is mandatory for those who qualify for Online Examination Paper 1. PET is not required for Ex-Servicemen applying for SSC CPO. The eligibility details are tabulated below:
|Category||Height (cm)||Chest (cm) (Unexpanded)||Chest (cm) (Expended)|
|Male (Candidates belonging to the hilly areas of Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand Jammu & Kashmir, North Eastern States, Sikkim)||165||80||85|
|Males (Schedule Tribes)||162.5||77||82|
|Female (Candidates belonging to the hilly areas of Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand Jammu & Kashmir, North Eastern States, Sikkim)||155||–||–|
|Female (Schedule Tribes)||154||–||–|
Physical Endurance Test (PST)
The parameters for Physical Endurance Test (PST) for both Male and Female are mentioned below:
|Eligibility Criteria Test||Male||Female|
|100 Meter Race||16 second||18 second|
|800 Meter Race||–||4 minutes|
|1.6 Km Race||6.5 minutes||–|
|3.65 meters||2.7 meters|
|1.2 meters||0.9 meters|
|Short Put (16 lbs)|
SSC CPO 2023 Paper 2
- The candidates who pass the Physical Standard Test (PST)/Physical Endurance Test (PST) will qualify for the Online Written Examination, Paper 2.
- This examination comprises only one section, i.e., English Comprehension & Comprehension, which consists of 200 questions, each worth one mark.
- For each wrong answer there will a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
|English Language & Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
SSC CPO 2023 Medical Exam
The medical round is the final round before the selection of candidates. Those candidates who fail to meet the required parameters will be disqualified at this round. The criteria for SSC CPO 2023 are listed below:
- Minimum Near Vision: N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye)
- Minimum Distant Vision: 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye)
- Eye Standard should be without visuals correction of any kind even by glasses.
- Must not have knock knee, flat feet, squint in eyes, or varicose veins.
SSC CPO 2023 FAQs
A. There are four subjects in SSC CPO 2023 Part 1, i.e., General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Quantitive Aptitude and English Language & Comprehension.
A. There is only subject in SSC CPO 2023 Paper 2, i.e., English Language & Comprehension.
A. The age limit for SSC CPO 2023 lies between 20 and 25 years.