SSC CPO 2023 Preparation: The Staff Selection Commission is all set to release the official notification of the SSC CPO 2023 Recruitment Examination on its official website, www.ssc.nic.in, as per the SSC 2023-24 Exam Calendar.
Candidates who are willing to apply for the examination need to have the right collection of SSC CPO 2023 preparation books along with the best subject-wise preparation strategy in order to get a respectable job in the defence sector.
Before starting the preparation, it is important for candidates to understand the selection process and exam pattern in order to make proper preparation strategies.
SSC CPO 2023 Selection Process
Candidates who clear all the stages of the selection process will get a reputed job as a Sub-Inspector at the central government level in the Delhi Police and the Central Armed Security Forces (CASFs) such as the CISF, CRPF, ITBP, BSF, etc. There are four phases to the SSC CPO 2023 Selection Process:
- Paper 1 (Online Written Examination)
- Physical Endurance Test/Physical Standard Test
- Paper 2 (Online Written Examination)
- Medical Examination
SSC CPO 2023 Exam Pattern
The SSC CPO 2023 Exam Pattern for Online Written Examination is divided into two stages, i.e., Paper 1 and Paper 2. Check out the details of the exam pattern for Paper 1 and Paper 2.
SSC CPO 2023 Paper 1
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Total||200||200||A composite Time of 2 hours|
SSC CPO 2023 Paper 2
|English Language & Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
SSC CPO 2023 Preparation: Subject-Wise Strategy
If you are preparing for the SSC CPO 2023 examination, you must understand the syllabus. It will help them keep track of their weak and strong points in various subjects. The subject-wise preparation strategy given below will help you make your preparation better.
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- The General Intelligence & Reasoning section is included in SSC CPO 2023 Paper 1. It comprises 50 questions worth one mark each.
- This is a time-consuming section, hence it requires a lot of practice. Candidates should practise more than 30 different types of questions to enhance their speed and accuracy.
- This section comprises questions from topics like Verbal Reasoning, Syllogism, Input-Output, Blood Relations, Directions & Distances, Data Sufficiency, Analogy etc. and assesses the candidate’s abilities in problem solving, decision-making, and analytical thinking.
- In order to score well in this section, a candidate needs to practise consistently for Puzzles, Matrix, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, Classification, Analogy, etc.
- Also, having a good knowledge of directions, shapes, and diagrams will help you ace this section. Hence, practise daily with mock tests and quizzes to boost your speed and clear the basic concepts.
- Analyse all types of questions after giving the mock test so that you get prepare to take different type of questions.
- The Quantitive Aptitude section is considered the toughest of all sections in the SSC CPO examination.
- It consists of 50 questions in the SSC CPO 2023 Paper 1. Each question consists of one mark.
- This section requires a lot of consistent practise to master basic concepts. It is divided into three components, i.e. Arithmetic, Advanced Maths and Data Interpretation.
- Once you understand the basic concepts, practise quizzes every day and analyse them later to assess your strong and weak points.
- Identify your weak topics and give more time to those topics so that you can ace this section.
English Language & Comprehension
- English is one of the high-scoring subjects, and if prepared well, this section can be solved in less time.
- This section comprises 50 questions worth one mark each in SSC CPO Paper 1 and 200 questions worth one mark in SSC CPO Paper 2.
- To prepare for the English section, candidates need to ace three important components of this section, i.e., grammar, comprehension, and vocabulary.
- In order to have an edge in this section, the candidates need to start reading newspapers on a daily basis, especially the editorial section.
- List down the important words you find while reading the newspaper, and practise reading comprehension regularly.
- Practice mock tests and quizzes regularly, and make sure to analyse them in order to assess your strong and weak points. This will increase your problem-solving ability.
General Knowledge & Awareness
- “General Knowledge & Awareness” is one of the highest scoring and least time-consuming sections and comprises questions on current affairs, Statistic General Knowledge and Science.
- One can only achieve a good score with daily learning of current events. Making notes for all the major events will help the candidates to memorise all the important details.
- It comprises 50 questions worth one mark each in SSC CPO Paper 1.
- To prepare for the General Science, read NCERT textbooks of Science and Social Science from Class 6 to 10 along with Classes 11 and 12 for Geography and History, especially.
- For current affairs, read about national and international news related to Sports, Summit & Conference, appointments, Science & Defence, Appointment, National & International, Important Days, Government Schemes etc.
SSC CPO 2023 FAQs
A. The SSC CPO 2023 selection process comprises four stages: Online Written Examination- Paper 1, Physical Ability Test, Online Written Examination- Paper 2 and Medical Examination.
A. There will be four sections in SSC CPO 2023 Paper 1 and only one section in Paper 2.
A. In order to upgrade your preparation strategy you must, understand the syllabus, built a time table, practise mock tests and previous years papers.
A. Quantitive Aptitude is the most time-consuming section in the SSC CPO Paper 1.