SSC GD 2023: The Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC GD Exam annually to recruit candidates in various forces such as the Border Security Force (BSF), Assam Rifles, CAPF, SSF, CISF, and Narcotics Control Bureau for the post of General Duty Constable. Each year, thousands of candidates appear for the SSC GD Exam.
As the Ministry of Home Affairs administers the SSC GD department, the selected candidates receive a lucrative salary ranging from Rs. 21,700 to Rs. 69,100. The selection of candidates is based on a four-stage examination process that includes CBT, a physical efficiency test, and a physical standard test, followed by a detailed medical examination.
SSC GD 2023 Latest News
April/May 2023: Expected Notification Release Date
SSC GD 2023 Notification
The Staff Selection Commission will release the SSC GD 2023 notification on their official website, ssc.nic.in. It is anticipated that the notification will be released in April/May 2023. The notification includes essential details related to a number of active openings, crucial dates for application submission, eligibility criteria, the selection process, salary, etc. Candidates can bookmark this page to receive the most recent SSC GD 2023 recruitment updates.
SSC GD 2023 Important Dates
The SSC has not yet announced the exact dates for the SSC GD 2023–24 session exam, as the staff selection commission is still conducting exams for the 2022–23 session. The crucial dates related to the recruitment will be updated here as soon as the SSC releases the notification. The tentative dates for the hiring procedure are provided below.
|Notification Release||April/May 2023|
|Application Release||April/May 2023|
|Application Submission||June 2023|
|Admit Card for CBT||–|
|Physical Efficiency Test||–|
|Physical Standard Test||–|
SSC GD 2023 Vacancy Details
The number of vacancies will be released along with the announcement of the notification. The authorities will also release separate vacancy details for various forces. These vacancies are then further divided based on category and gender. Meanwhile, candidates can examine the previous year’s vacancy details in the table below.
SSC GD 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are interested in applying for the post of GD constable must check the SSC GD 2023 eligibility criteria prior to filling out the application. Only those candidates who meet the basic requirements of nationality, age limits, and education are eligible for the CBT exam. But to qualify for final selection, candidates must also meet physical standards. Complete eligibility details are provided below.
- India citizen
- Citizens of Nepal and Bhutan
- Tibetan refugees who permanently settled in India before January 1, 1962.
- POI migrants from Myanmar, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Zambia, Zaire, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, and Ethiopia.
- Apart from Indian citizens other candidates should have an eligibility certificate issued by the concerned authority by GoI.
Before applying for the GD position, candidates must have the required educational background, which is a Matriculation or 10th-class pass from a recognised Board
SSC GD 2023 Age Limit
- The minimum age to apply for a GD constable post is 18 years.
- The upper age limit of candidates should not exceed 23 years.
- As per the GoI, the upper age relaxation of 3 years will be given to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST catagery candidates.
- Children and dependents of those who perished in the Gujarat communal riots of 2002 or the riots of 1984 get an age relaxation of 5 to 10 years based on their category.
SSC GD 2023 Application Process
Candidates who wish to apply for the position of general duty constable may do so by following the instructions provided. Keep in mind that the application must be completed online. After the application is out, this page will be updated with the apply Online link.
- Visit the official website of SSC at ssc.nic.in.
- Now, new users are advised to complete their registration first by clicking on the “Register Now” option on the homepage.
- Enter your name, DOB, father’s name, and Aadhar card number. Next, enter your matriculate details, such as board, passing year, etc.
- Confirm your email id and password to complete your registration and get provisional login details for your number.
- Log in with your credentials.
- On the home page, click on the “Apply” section, and then click on “Constable GD.”
- Find the “Constable (GD) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), SSF, Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles, and Sepoy in Narcotics Control Bureau Examination, 2023” notification.
- Click on “Apply.” Fill out the application form and pay the fee for the application.
- Submit your application and take a printout.
SSC GD 2023 Application Fee
Candidates have to pay a nominal fee for the GD constable application. Candidates can pay this fee in both online modes (via credit/debit card, net banking, UPI, and wallet) and offline mode (via SBI branches by generating an SBI Challan).
|General and OBC||Rs. 100/-|
|Female, ESM, SC, ST, PWD||NIL|
SSC GD 2023 Selection Process
The SSC GD 2023 Selection Process is based on a 4-stage examination process that includes the following:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Standard Testy (PST)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Detailed Medical Test (DMT)
The SSC GD Constable selection procedure aims to evaluate candidates’ physical and mental fitness for the GD Constable profile. Details related to each stage are provided in the given section.
Computer Based Test(CBT)
CBT is the first stage of the selection process. The exam consists of 80 questions with a total of 160 marks. There are four sections, which include General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Knowledge & General Awareness, Elementary Mathematics, and English/Hindi.
The exam is bilingual in nature with a negative marking system of 0.50 marks. Only those who clear this CBT round will be called for subsequent rounds.
Physical Standard Testy(PST)
The candidates who are shortlisted from the CBT round are called for a physical standard test. In this round, candidates’ physical fitness is checked. The physical standards for both male and female candidates are different.
|Male||170 cm||80 cm(Expanded)||proportionate to the candidates’ height and medical requirements.|
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
The physical efficiency test consists of running. Those who successfully complete the Physical Standard round must run the given distance in the prescribed amount of time. The distance for both male and female candidates will be different.
|All Candidates||5 KM in 24 minutes||1.6KM in 6 & 1/2 minutes|
|Candidates of Ladakh Region.||1.6KM in 6 1/2 minutes||800M in 4 minutes|
Detailed Medical Test (DMT)
The DMT is the final stage of selection, and those who clear the PET exam will be called for this round. Those who do not meet the medical requirements are rejected at this round. Also, candidates’ documents are verified at this round.
SSC GD 2023 Exam Pattern
As mentioned above, the first stage of the exam is CBT. The SSC GD 2023 Exam Pattern will be released along with the notification. Candidates must check the exam pattern to get an idea of the nature of the exam, the subjects included, the marking scheme and the time allotted.
|Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks||Time|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||20||40|
|General Knowledge & General Awareness||20||40|
of 60 minutes
SSC GD 2023 Syllabus
Before starting the preparation, candidates should check the SSC GD 2023 syllabus for a better understanding of the subject and topics included in the exam. There are altogether four subjects in the CBT exam. Candidates can review the subject-wise syllabus given below.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: Figuare classification, coding-decoding, number system, blood relation, analogy, arithmetic reasoning, paper cutting and paper folding, non-verbal series, spatial orientation and visualization and direction sense.
- General Knowledge & General Awareness: India and its neighbouring countries, current affairs, history, economics, geology, Indian constitution, science and development, government scheme, important dates and days, awards and sports.
- Elementary Mathematics: Number system, average, time &distance, decimal & fractions, square root, Pie chart, bar diagram, pipes and cistern, basic algebra, data interpretation, mensuration, simple and compound interest, discount, profit loss, mixture and allegations and partnership.
- English: Reading comprehension, close test, fill in the blank, error spotting, spelling, vocabulary, phrases and idioms, one-word substitution, phrase replacement.
SSC GD 2023 Preparation Books
Books play a vital role in the selection of candidates. Hence, one should choose the right SSC-GD 2023 preparation books. Candidates should select subject-specific study books to expedite their SSC GD preparation.
Using 2-3 subject-specific books from top authors and publishers, you can prepare for the Exam. Learning from numerous sources will only lead to confusion. A list of some of the top prep books is given in the table below.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Analytical Reasoning||Manohar Pandey|
|General knowledge & General Awareness||General Knowledge||Manohar Pandey|
|Elementary Mathematics||Play with Advanced Maths||Abhinay Sharma|
|English||English for General Competition||KD Publication|
|Hindi||Adhunik Hindi Vyakaran Aur Rachna||Dr. Vashudevnandan Prasad|
SSC GD 2023 Admit Card
The admit card will be available on the staff selection commission’s official website. Applicants can download their admit cards using their login credentials. The direct link to download the admit Card will be updated here.
- Visit the official website of SSC at ssc.nic.in.
- On the homepage, click on the “Admit Card ” option.
- All of the regional websites’ links display on a new page.
- Click on the region’s official website for which you have applied.
- Select “Status/Download Call Letter For Constables (GD)”
- Now enter your login credentials i,e Roll No./Registration ID which was provided at the time of registration.
- The admit card will appear on your screen. Download the admit card.
SSC GD 2023 Result & Cut-off
The SSC GD 2023 result will be declared on the official website of the Staff Selection Commission. The name and roll number of the qualified candidates will be included in the result, which will be released in PDF format.
Both male and female results will be declared individually along with the cut-off marks. Only those candidates who meet the required cutoff for the CBT exam will be called for further rounds. Candidates must check the previous year’s cut-off in order to set a target for their preparation.
SSC GD 2023 FAQs
Ans- The SSC GD 2023 notification will be released in the month of March.
Ans- Candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 23. Age relaxation will be granted to reserved-category candidates in accordance with GoI regulations.
Ans-The candidates must have completed their 10th from a recognized board.
Ans- The selection of candidates will be based on a 4-stage examination process that includes CBT, a physical standard test, a physical efficiency test, and a detailed medical examination.
Ans- Yes, there is a 0.50 mark deduction for each incorrect answer.
Ans-Selected candidates get a monthly salary of Rs 21700 to Rs 69100 along with other benefits and allowances.
Is the maximum number of attempts for the SSC GD Recruitment 2023?
The SSC GD Recruitment 2023 exam does not have a limit on the number of times a candidate may attempt it, as long as they do so before reaching the age requirement set by the organization in charge of the exam.
How do I apply for the SSC GD Recruitment 2023?
The complete application process for the SSC GD Recruitment 2023, including registration and application form filling, is covered in this article. Applicants can apply for the SSC GD Recruitment 2023 exam by following the detailed instructions in this post.
Does the SSC GD Recruitment 2023 have any negative marking?
Indeed, there is a 0.25 point deduction for each incorrect response; thus, a correct response receives 1 point, while a false response receives 0.25 points.
Does SSC GD take place every Year?
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) administers the General Duty Constable examination each year to select qualified candidates for employment in the nation’s numerous government agencies and ministries. The formal notification’s issuance signaled the beginning of the SSC GD recruitment process.
What is the SSC GD 2023 salary?
The wage scale for the position of sepoy and all other posts is listed below. Salary Level-1 (Rs. 18,000 to 56,900) for the position of Sepoy in NCB Pay Level-3 (Rs. 21,700-69,100) for all other postings.