SSC GD 2023-24 Notification Date Out: The Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC GD Constable Exam annually to recruit candidates from various forces, such as the Border Security Force (BSF), Assam Rifles, CAPF, SSF, CISF, and Narcotics Control Bureau, for the post of General Duty Constable.
As per the revised SSC Exam Calander 2023–24, the Staff Selection Commission will release the SSC GD 2023 notification on November 24, 2023, on the official website at ssc.nic.in.
The selection of candidates for SSC GD Constable is based on a four-stage examination process that includes CBT, a physical efficiency test, and a physical standard test, followed by a detailed medical examination.
As the Ministry of Home Affairs administers the SSC General Duty department, the selected candidates receive a lucrative salary ranging from Rs. 21,700 to Rs. 69,100. Bookmark this page to get the latest update on SSC GD 2023–24 recruitment.
SSC GD 2023 Latest Update
|20-September-2023||SSC GD 2022-23 Scorecard Out(Click Here)|
|20-August-2023||SSC GD 2022-23 Final Result Out(Click Here)|
|12-July-2023||SSC GD 2022 DV, DME Admit Card Out|
|30-June-2023||SSC GD 2022 Result PST/PET for |
short-listing of candidates for (DME) PDF Out
|17-April-2023||SSC GD 2022 Answer Key Out|
SSC GD 2023 Notification
The Staff Selection Commission will release the SSC GD Notification 2023 on 24 November 2023 on their official website, ssc.nic.in. It is anticipated that the notification will be released soon.
The notification includes essential details related to a number of active openings, crucial dates for application submission, eligibility criteria, the selection process, salary, etc. We will update the link mentioned below once the notification is released.
SSC GD Exam Date 2023
The SSC GD 2023-24 application form will be released along with the notification on November 24, 2023, while the application deadline will be 28 December 2023. The SSC has not yet announced the official SSC GD exam date of 2023. As per the reports SSC GD CBT exam will be conducted in the month of February or March 2024.
|Notification Release||24 November 2023|
|Application Release||24 November 2023|
|Application Submission||28 December 2023|
|Last Date for Fee Submission||29th December 2023|
|Admit Card for CBT||–|
|CBT Exam||February/March 2024|
|Physical Efficiency Test||–|
|Physical Standard Test||–|
SSC GD Vacancy 2023
The number of vacancies will be released along with the announcement of the notification. The authorities will also release the SSC GD Vacancy 2023 for various forces separately. It is expected that the SSC will release more than 40000 vacancies for GD constable posts. These vacancies are then further divided based on category and gender.
In 2022, a total of 45284 SSC GD vacancies were released by the commission. Candidates can examine the previous year’s vacancy details in the table below.
SSC GD 2023 Eligibility
Candidates who are interested in applying for the post of General duty constable must check the SSC GD eligibility 2023 prior to filling out the application. Only those candidates who meet the basic requirements of nationality, age limits, and education are eligible for the CBT exam.
But to qualify for final selection, candidates must also meet physical standards. Complete eligibility details are provided below.
- India citizen
- Citizens of Nepal and Bhutan
- Tibetan refugees who permanently settled in India before January 1, 1962.
- POI migrants from Myanmar, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Zambia, Zaire, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, and Ethiopia.
- Apart from Indian citizens other candidates should have an eligibility certificate issued by the concerned authority by GoI.
Before applying for the GD position, candidates must have the required educational background. The required SSC GD qualification is matriculation or a 10th-class pass from a recognised Board for SSC GD Constable exam
SSC GD 2023 Age Limit
The SSC GD Age limit is between 18 and 23 years. Candidates who belong to the OBC category get an age relaxation of 3 years, while 5 years of relaxation on the upper age limit is given to SC and ST category candidates.
- As per the GoI, the upper age relaxation of 3 years will be given to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST category candidates.
- Children and dependents of those who perished in the Gujarat communal riots of 2002 or the riots of 1984 get an age relaxation of 5 to 10 years based on their category.
SSC GD 2023 Apply Online
The SSC GD Apply online link will be released along with the notification on 24 November 2023. The mode of application is online. The registration link will be active till 28 December 2023. Candidates who wish to apply for the position of general duty constable may do so by following the instructions provided.
The steps to fill out the application are provided below.
- Visit the official website of SSC at ssc.nic.in.
- Complete your registration by clicking on the “Register Now” option on the homepage.
- Enter your name, DOB, father’s name, and Aadhar card number. Next, enter your matriculate details, such as board, passing year, etc.
- Confirm your email ID and password to complete your registration and get provisional login details for your number.
- Log in with your credentials.
- On the home page, click on the “Apply” section, and then click on “Constable GD.”
- Find the “Constable (GD) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), SSF, Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles, and Sepoy in Narcotics Control Bureau Examination, 2023” notification.
- Click on “Apply.” Fill out the application form and pay the fee for the application.
- Submit your application and take a printout.
Candidates who are interested in applying can directly fill out their application. The direct SSC GD application online link below will be active with the release of the application.
SSC GD 2023 Application Fee
Candidates have to pay a nominal fee of INR 100 for the GD constable application. Candidates can pay this fee in both online modes (via credit or debit card, net banking, UPI, and wallet) and offline modes (via SBI branches by generating an SBI Challan).
|General and OBC||Rs. 100/-|
|Female, ESM, SC, ST, PWD||NIL|
SSC GD 2023 Selection Process
The SSC GD Selection Process 2023 is based on a 4-stage examination process that includes CBT, PST, PET, and DMT. The SSC GD selection procedure aims to evaluate candidates’ physical and mental fitness for the GD Constable profile. Details related to each stage are provided in the given section.
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Standard Testy (PST)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Detailed Medical Test (DMT)
SSC GD 2023 Exam Pattern
CBT is the first stage of the selection process. The SSC GD Exam Pattern consists of 80 questions with a total of 160 marks. Altogether, there will be 20 questions in each section. Candidates will get a total of 60 minutes. The exam is bilingual in nature with a negative marking system of 0.50 marks.
As per the SSC GD Exam Pattern 2023, there are four sections of 40 marks each. There are four sections, which include General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and awareness, Elementary Mathematics, and English/Hindi.
Candidates must check the exam pattern to get an idea of the nature of the exam, the subjects included the marking scheme, and the time allotted.
|Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks||Time|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||20||40|
|General Knowledge & General Awareness||20||40|
of 60 minutes
Physical Standard Testy(PST)
The candidates who are shortlisted from the CBT round are called for the SSC GD physical test. In this round, the physical fitness of the candidates is checked. The physical standards for both male and female candidates are different.
The SSC GD Physical Eligibility Test requires a height of 170 cm for males and 157 cm for females.
|Male||170 cm||80 cm(Expanded)||proportionate to the candidates’ height and medical requirements.|
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Running is part of the SSC GD PET Exam. There will be a difference in distance between male and female candidates.
For the SSC GD Physical Test, male candidates have to cover 5 kilometres, whereas female candidates have to cover only 1.6 kilometres within the given time frame of 24 minutes and 1.6 minutes, respectively.
|All Candidates||5 KM in 24 minutes||1.6KM in 6 & 1/2 minutes|
|Candidates of Ladakh Region.||1.6KM in 6 1/2 minutes||800M in 4 minutes|
Detailed Medical Test (DMT)
The SSC GD medical round is the final stage of selection, and those who clear the PET exam will be called for this round. Those who do not meet the medical requirements are rejected at this round. Also, candidates’ documents are verified at this round.
SSC GD 2023 Syllabus
The SSC GD syllabus 2023 includes four subjects in the CBT exam, which are General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and awareness, Elementary mathematics, and English or Hindi.
Candidates can review the subject-wise syllabus given below.
- SSC GD reasoning syllabus: Figuare classification, coding-decoding, number system, blood relation, analogy, arithmetic reasoning, paper cutting and paper folding, non-verbal series, spatial orientation and visualization, and direction sense.
- SSC GD GK and General Awareness syllabus: India and its neighbouring countries, current affairs, history, economics, geology, Indian constitution, science and development, government scheme, important dates and days, awards; and sports.
- SSC GD math syllabus: Number system, average, time and distance, decimal and fractions, square root, Pie chart, bar diagram, pipes and cistern, basic algebra, data interpretation, mensuration, simple and compound interest, discount, profit loss, mixture and allegations, and partnership.
- SSC GD English syllabus: Reading comprehension, close test, fill in the blank, error spotting, spelling, vocabulary, phrases, and idioms, one-word substitution, phrase replacement.
SSC GD 2023 Preparation Books
You can prepare for the Exam using 2-3 subject-specific SSC GD books from top authors and publishers. Learning from numerous sources will only lead to confusion. Candidates should take help from the SSC GD practice set to enhance their SSC GD Preparation 2023.
The list of some of the top prep books is given in the table below.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Analytical Reasoning||Manohar Pandey|
|General Knowledge & General Awareness||General Knowledge||Manohar Pandey|
|Elementary Mathematics||Play with Advanced Maths||Abhinay Sharma|
|English||English for General Competition||KD Publication|
|Hindi||Adhunik Hindi Vyakaran Aur Rachna||Dr. Vashudevnandan Prasad|
SSC GD 2023 Admit Card
The SSC GD Admit Card will be available on the staff selection commission’s official website. Applicants can download their admit cards using their login credentials. The direct link to download the admit Card will be updated here.
- Visit the official website of SSC at ssc.nic.in.
- On the homepage, click on the “Admit Card ” option.
- All of the regional websites’ links are displayed on a new page.
- Click on the region’s official website for which you have applied.
- Select “Status/Download Call Letter For Constables (GD)”
- Now enter your login credentials, i.e. Roll No./Registration ID which was provided at the time of registration.
- The admit card will appear on your screen. Download the admit card.
SSC GD 2023 Result & Cut-off
The SSC GD result for 2023 will be declared on the official website of the Staff Selection Commission. The name and roll number of the qualified candidates will be included in the result, which will be released in PDF format.
Both male and female results will be declared individually, along with the cut-off marks. Only those candidates who meet the required SSC GD cutoff for the CBT exam will be called for further rounds. Candidates must check the previous year’s cutoff in order to set a target for their preparation.
SSC GD Constable Salary
The SSC GD basic salary is INR 21,700. Along with the salary, candidates get additional allowances such as House Rent Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Transportation or Travel Allowance, etc., which make the SSC GD Constable Salary INR 33,965 (approximately).
|SSC GD||Salary Structure|
|SSC GD Basic Pay||21,700|
|Dearness Allowance (34%)||7,378|
|HRA (Based on City)||2,439|
|TPT Allowance( Depend on Batallion)||2358|
SSC GD 2023 FAQs
Ans- The SSC GD Constable 2023-24 notification will be released on 24 November 2023.
Ans- The SSC GD age limit is between 18 and 23. Age relaxation will be granted to reserved-category candidates in accordance with GoI regulations.
Ans- The SSC GD selection process consists of a 4-stage examination process that includes CBT, a physical standard test, a physical efficiency test, and a detailed medical examination.
Ans- Yes, there is a 0.50 mark deduction for each incorrect answer in the SSC GD Constable Exam.
Ans-Selected candidates get a monthly salary of Rs 21700 to Rs 69100, along with other benefits and allowances.
Ans- SSC GD full form is Staff Selection Commission General Duty.
Ans- For the SSC GD exam, candidates must have a minimum qualification of Matriculation or a 10th-class pass from a recognised Board.
Ans- The SSC GD syllabus includes reasoning, math, English, GK, and general awareness.