SSC JE 2023 Preparation: SSC conducts various government exams throughout the year. One of them is the SSC JE Exam, which is held to recruit junior engineers in the civil, electrical, and mechanical disciplines. Selected candidates are placed in various government departments, such as CWPD, BRO, MES, etc.
Lakhs of candidates appear in the SSC JE exam, but due to poor time management, the majority of candidates fail to crack the exam. Candidates start their preparation energetically by making a timetable, studying for continuous hours, cut off by social platforms but all their efforts end up within 2-3 weeks. Therefore it is important to make a balance.
Candidates who are interested in applying for the post must follow the right preparation strategies. Review the given article to get experts’ tips on cracking the exam in one go.
SSC JE 2023 Highlights
|SSC JE 2023||Highlights|
|Exam||SSC JE(Junior Engineerr)|
|Conducting Authority||Staff Selection Commission|
|Branches||Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering|
and Quantity Surveying &nContracts
|SSC JE 2023 Notification||July 26, 2023|
|Selection Process||Paper 1- Objective Test(CBT)|
Paper 2- Descriptive Test(Pen & Paper Mode)
|Level of Exam||National|
|Exam Mode||Online & Offline|
SSC JE 2023 Preparation Stratigies
Before starting the preparation, candidates must check the SSC JE 2023 Selection Process and SSC JE 2023 Eligibility Criteria, which will be released along with the recruitment notification. Candidates who are preparing for the exam must follow the given preparation strategies in order to perform well in the exam.
In order to be selected, one must create and adhere to a strict SSC JE preparation schedule to improve both their knowledge and their pace of question-solving.
Check the Exam Pattern
The SSC JE 2023 Exam Pattern is divided into 2 parts: Paper 1 and Paper 2. The exam pattern will be released along with the recruitment notification. Knowing the exam pattern will assist candidates in understanding the sections included in the exam, the marking scheme, and the time allotted.
It also helps them to know about the nature and mode of the exam. According to the weightage, candidates can make a study plan.
Know Updated Syllabus
Knowing the SSC JE 2023 syllabus is the second-most essential step after knowing the exam pattern. The syllabus will let the candidates know not only about the subjects covered in the exam but also about the topics included in those subjects.
Make Subject-wise Study Plan
Candidates should make a proper study plan for each subject. Ensure that the study schedule is divided into weeks and months. By doing this, candidates can keep track of their strong and weak topics. Also, it will assist them in creating a schedule for their revisions.
Pick the Right Preparation Books
Books play a vital role in the selection of candidates; therefore, candidates should choose the best SSC JE 2023 preparation books. It might be difficult to decide what to buy with so many options available on the market. Candidates should therefore only choose books from reputable publishers. Choosing an excessive number of books will only confuse the applicants.
Always Start with Basics
Most candidates directly jump into the questions. It is important to understand that only by knowing the basics and memorising the formulas can one advance in any topic. Candidates can only solve a variety of questions if they have conceptual clarity.
Must Make Notes
It is vital to take notes because sections like general awareness are very broad, and it can be difficult to recall so many dates and events. Other than general knowledge, subject-specific topics also cover a variety of formulas and tips, and keeping a record of each can assist candidates in keeping track of what they have learned over time.
Regular Mock Test
Mock tests will not only make candidates aware of the format but will also help them know what they have learned and which topics need brush-ups. The internet is filled with plenty of mock tests. The mock test is the best way to develop time management skills. Taking the mock test will automatically let candidates know how much time is enough to solve the questions.
Practice is the key to success. Regular practice will enhance not only knowledge but also the speed of solving questions. With the mock tests, candidates should also solve the previous year’s exam papers. This will help aspirants identify the most and least important topics.
SSC JE 2023 Preparation: Subject-wise preparation Tips
Candidates should follow a subject-specific SSC JE 2023 Preparation plan in addition to general preparation tips. Doing so will help them keep track of each subject equally. Candidates can follow the given tips in order to ace their preparation.
SSC JE preparation Tips for General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Always start your preparation with easy topics and then move on to difficult ones. It helps boost your confidence. Similarities and differences, distance and directions, blood relations, etc. are some of the easy topics in this section.
- Don’t rush to increase your pace. First, try to understand the concepts. It will become very easy to solve any question if the candidates are clear about the concept.
- Practice 30-40 questions daily in order to increase your problem-solving speed.
SSC JE preparation Tips for General Awareness
- If adequately prepared, general awareness is one of the easiest topics, but if not, it becomes one of the areas where candidates can lose a lot of marks.
- Newspapers and magazines are the best sources to keep an eye on current affairs, important dates, and events.
- Candidates should regularly make notes, as it will help them memorise all the important dates and events. To enhance static awareness, candidates can refer to social science and science books from NCERT up to class 10.
SSC JE preparation Tips for General Engineering (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical)
- General engineering is one of the common sections in both papers. Hence, candidates need to attain core knowledge about the subject. Candidates must first master the fundamentals for this section.
- Candidates must be proficient in theoretical knowledge, its application, formulas, and problem-solving techniques in order to solve any numerical problems.
- Compared to questions with a numerical basis, theory-based questions will be quick and easy to answer. Hence, candidates should start with theory-based questions and then move on to numeric questions.
- While practising any question, candidates should keep track of time. Aspirants should solve a variety of questions to enhance their problem-solving skills.
SSC JE 2023 Preparation FAQs
Ans- Five to six months of preparation are enough to crack the SSC JE exam if candidates prepare with full dedication.
Ans-Applicants should adhere to a rigid study schedule in which they must allot equal time to each subject. a chapter-wise study plan with them to keep track of what they have learned and what topics require more attention.
Ans- Negative marking is present in the objective exam (paper 1), but not in the descriptive exam (paper 2).