SSC MTS 2023 Recruitment: The SSC MTS Exam is administered by the Staff Selection Commission in order to select applicants for Group-C non-gazetted, non-ministerial positions in several central government departments and ministries. The SSC MTS is a nation-level exam that is conducted annually.
For the year 2023, SSC has already released the tentative dates for the multitasking staff recruitment in their SSC 2023 Exam Calendar. SSC provides good career opportunities for the candidates who have completed their 10th grade through this examination.Candidates who are preparing for SSC MTS 2023 recruitment can get complete details on the hiring procedure in the given article.
Latest News on SSC MTS 2023 Recruitment
14 June 2023: Notification Release Date
SSC MTS 2023 Notification
As per the SSC exam calendar, the notification will be released on June 14, 2023, on the official website of SSC at ssc.nic.in. All the essential details such as the vacancy, eligibility, application process, fee, and other details are mentioned in the notification. Candidates can bookmark this page to get the latest updates related to the MTS recruitment.
SSC MTS 2023 Recruitment Highlights
|SSC MTS 2023||Highlights|
|Post||Multi Tasking Staff( MTS)|
|Conducted by||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Selection Process||Paper 1-Written Exam |
PET/ PST (Only for Havaldar)
|SSC Official Website||www.ssc.nic.in|
SSC MTS 2023 Important Dates
The SSC has published the anticipated month for the recruitment exam along with the tentative dates for notification and application release on thier offical website. Candidates can check the crucial dates for the exam in the table below.
|Notification Announcement||14 June 2023|
|Application Release||14 June 2023|
|Application Deadline||14 July 2023|
|Last Date for Fee Submission||TBA|
|Paper 1 Admit Card||August 2023|
|Paper 1-CBT||August/September 2023|
|Result of Paper I||TBA|
SSC MTS 2023 Vacancy
The Staff Selection Commission will release the vacancy for MTS and MTS Havaldar posts in CBIC and CBN. The vaccines will be released category-wise based on the age group of candidates. The number of vacancies will be updated after the release of the notification. Meanwhile, candidates can review the vacancy details for 2022 in the table below.
|Multi Tasking Staff(MTS)||11994|
SSC MTS 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility requirements before they apply for the position of Multi Tasking Staff. The SSC MTS 2023 Eligibility Criteria consist of three major parameters: nationality, age limit, and education qualification.
- Indian Citizen Or
- Citizen of Nepal or Bhutan Or
- Tibetan refugee who moved to India for permanent settlement before January 1, 1962 Or
- Indian Origin migrants from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Kenya, Ethiopia, Malawi, Zaire and Zambia.
- Applicants must have completed their 10th grade or equivalent education from any recognised board.
- Only those candidates who completed their 10th before the closing date of applications are eligible to apply.
Age Limit & Relaxation
- The age of candidates appearing in the exam should be between 18 to 27 years.
- Apart from the general age limit, reserved category candidates get the upper age relaxation based on the GoI rules.
SSC MTS 2023 Application Fee
The candidates have to pay the application charges prescribed by the SSC in their recruitment notification. The fee can be paid online or offline.
One can pay in cash at SBI branches by creating an SBI Challan or online using BHIM UPI, RuPay, Net Banking, a credit or debit card, Visa, Mastercard, or Maestro. Candidates can review the fee details in the given table.
|Other Category||Rs 100/-|
SSC MTS 2023 Application Process
The SSC MTS 2023 apply online link will be active on the official SSC website. The application is divided into 2 parts: registration and application processing. Candidates can follow the given steps to successfully fill out their online application.
- On your browser, open the official website of SSC at ssc.nic.in.
- Click on the “Apply” section on the home page.
- Find the link for SSC MTS 2023 Apply online and click on it.
- Enter basic details such as name, father’s name, gender, mobile number, and email and click on “submit”.
- Your registration ID and password will be shared with your registered email ID and password.
- Now proceed further and fill out the application form.
- Upload the scanned copies of your document, such as photo, signature, thumb impression etc.
- After verifying the details, pay the application fee.
- Submit your application and take a printout for reference.
SSC MTS 2023 Selection Process
The SSC MTS 2023 Selection Process consists of a two-stage exam followed by document verification. Candidates must check the selection process in order to understand the nature of the exam and make preparation strategies accordingly.
|Paper 1||CBT conducted in 2 sessions|
|PET/PST||Physical fitness (only for Havaldar post)|
As mentioned above, the CBT round consists of two sessions. Only those who clear both sessions will be selected. Candidates who will apply for the MTS Havaldar post have to go through the physical efficiency test and the physical standard test in order to be selected.
SSC MTS 2023 Exam Pattern
Before appearing for the exam, candidates must review the SSC MTS 2023 Exam Pattern, which will be released along with the notification. The SSC has revised the exam pattern for Paper 1.
Paper 1 Exam Pattern
The Paper 1 is conducted online via CBT. Paper 1 is divided into two sessions. It is necessary to attempt both sessions of the exam. Each session has been further divided into two sections. Candidates get 45 minutes in total to complete both sections.
|Session||Sections||Total Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Session 1||Numerical and Mathematical Ability||20||60|
|Reasoning Ability and Problem-Solving||20||60|
|Session 2||General Awareness||25||75|
|English Language and Comprehension||25||75|
PET/PST for SSC MTS Havaldar
Candidates must meet the physical standards if they appear for the post of SSC MTS havaldar in CBIC and CBN. The PET round consists of walking and cycling, while the PST round consists of physical measurement. Only those candidates who will make it through the physical round will be selected.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
|PET for SSC MTS Havaldar||Walking|
|Male||1600 meters in 15 minutes|
|Female||1 Km in 20 minutes|
Physical Standard Test (PST)
|Height||157.5 cm||152 cm|
SSC MTS 2023 Syllabus
In order to succeed in the examination, candidates must check the updated syllabus released by the commission. The SSC MTS 2023 syllabus includes reasoning ability, mathematical ability, general awareness and English.
- Reasoning: Classification, coding-decoding, verbal and nonverbal reasoning, matrices, Venn diagrams, word formation, missing numbers, blood relations, direction, distance and analogy.
- Mathematical Ability: Simplification, average, ration, and proportion, profit and loss, mensuration, trigonometry, geometry, mixture and allegation, time and work, speed and time, problems on ages and interest.
- General Awareness: Static GK, current affairs, science and technology, books and authors.
- English: Reading comprehension, one word substitution, sentence correction, error spotting, phrases and idioms, synonyms and antonyms Fill in the blanks and correct the spellings.
SSC MTS 2023 Admit Card
The staff selection commission will release the SSC MTS 2023 admit card a week prior to Paper 1. The active link to download the admissions card will be updated here. Candidates can follow the given steps to download the admit card.
- Visit the official website of the SSC at ssc.nic.in.
- Click on the “Admit Card” icon on the home page.
- The list of zonal SSC websites will appear on your screen. Click on the link for your region.
- Now, on the regional website of SSC, find the admit card section and click on it.
- Find the link for the SSC MTS 2023 admit card and click on it.
- You will be redirected to the login page. Enter your registration number and DOB/password and click on submit.
- The admit card will appear on your screen for downloading purposes.
SSC MTS 2023 Result
After conducting the online exam, the commission will release the answer key. A certain time period will be given to candidates to raise any objections. After the release of the answer key, the SSC MTS 2023 result will be declared on the official website of the SSC.
The final result of will be announced in PDF format. On the official website, a merit list of applicants who advance to later rounds will be posted. The cut-off will be made available separately for each state based on category. The cut-off will be made public simultaneously with the result.
SSC MTS 2023 Recruitment FAQs
Ans-The SSC MTS 2023 notification will be released on June 14, 2023.
Ans-The selection procedure is divided into two steps. The CBT exam is required of the candidates. Candidates who applied for the Havaldar position must participate in the PET and PST of the second round.
Ans-Candidates have to pay Rs 100 for the application. There is no fee for female, SC, ST, PWD, and ESM category candidates.
Ans-The SSC MTS 2023 Exam is conducted online via CBT.
Ans-Candidate’s age should be between 18 to 27 years. Age relaxation will be given to the reserved category.
Ans- The candidates must have completed their 10th from a recognised board.
What is the MTS salary?
It is a non-ministerial position with a pay range of 5200 to 20200 rupees with an additional 1800 rupees for the grade pay. Not just the SSC MTS salary, but all government employee salaries grew by roughly 20% following the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission. The take-home SSC MTS salary is roughly between 18,000 and 22,000/.
How many SSC MTS rounds are there?
The Computer Based Exam, PET/PST, and Document Verification are the three phases of the SSC MTS Selection Procedure 2023. The SSC MTS CBT is the only requirement for candidates, and they must pass it with a score higher than the cutoff.
The MTS exam includes negative marking.
There is negative grading in SSC MTS, although it only applies to the Tier 1 exam. For each accurate response in Paper 1, applicants will receive three points, and for each erroneous response in Session 2, one point will be subtracted. In session 1, there are no failing grades.
Which language is used in the SSC MTS Exam?
With the exception of the general English component, the SSC MTS Paper I will be multilingual, using both Hindi and English. For regular students taking the SSC MTS Paper I, the time limit is 90 minutes, while for candidates with disabilities, such as those with cerebral palsy and vision impairment, the time limit is 120 minutes.
Can I pass the SSC MTS in my first attempt ?
Any candidate who uses the right method can pass the exam on their first try. Before submitting an application for the SSC MTS recruitment, they must carefully review the exam syllabus and pattern. The applicant is required to complete previous year’s papers and study from the suggested literature.