SSC MTS 2023 Preparation: The SSC MTS Recruitment exam is held annually by the Staff Selection Commission. SSC MTS is a national-level exam conducted for the post of Multi Tasking Staff (non-technical). The commission will release the SSC MTS 2023 recruitment notification on June 14, 2023. Hence, candidates who are interested in applying must start their preparation now.
If prepared to their full potential, any candidate can crack the examination. Candidates need to understand that only with routine study can they succeed in the exam. Candidates can review the given article to get the latest tips and tricks for acing the exam.
SSC MTS 2023 Preparation Tips
1.Understand the Exam Pattern
Knowing the SSC MTS 2023 Exam Pattern is the first step towards preparation. Candidates are advised to keep themselves up-to-date about the recruitment procedure. The commission has made changes to the SSC MTS 2023 selection process. The Paper 1 (the objective exam) which is followed by document verification. There are four sections with a total of 270 marks.
Candidates should avoid answering a question if they are unsure of the answer because there is a negative marking of one mark for an incorrect answer.
2.Check the Updated Syllabus
Checking the SSC MTS 2023 syllabus is a must. It will help candidates know the topics covered in various subjects. Before starting the preparation, candidates should list all the topics on the syllabus. It will help them divide topics for daily and weekly practice.
3.Make a Study Plan
During preparation, it is essential to make a study plan that will help candidates cover the entire syllabus. Often, aspirants make the mistake of keeping easy topics for last-minute preparation. Note that without proper practice, candidates cannot master any topic.
4. Make a Time table
Most important part of preparation is making a time table. It helps candidates to keep track on what they have learned and what is still needed to be learned. An ideal time table include preparation of each subject daily with regular breaks.
Revision is one of the essential parts of preparation. Candidates should schedule a revision time at regular intervals. It will help them know where they stand and how much they still need to learn. Revision will also help candidates to memorise the topics they have learned.
6. Mock Test & Previous years Exam Paper
Mock tests help candidates become familiar with the screen. As the SSC MTS 2023 Exam is time-based, it is very important for candidates to enhance their speed. Also, it will help candidates to know the type of question asked in the exam. Candidates can obtain a sense of how much weightage each topic has by consulting previous years’ papers.
SSC MTS 2023 Preparation: Subject-wise Preparation Tips
1.Numerical and Mathematical Ability
- If compared to other sections, numerical and mathematical ability is comparatively easy, as general mathematical questions are asked in this section. But candidates need to practise since arithmetic problems require time to solve.
- Learn from basics. Try to understand the concept first and then solve 10–15 questions related to the particular topic.
- Candidates should practise questions based on ratio and proportion, profit and loss, mensuration, number systems, decimals, fractions, etc. on a regular basis.
2.Reasoning Ability and Problem-Solving
- This section consists of 25 questions, and if candidates practise well, they can easily answer more than 20 questions. The questions included in the exam are of the nonverbal type.
- This unit will test the candidates’ skill in dealing with symbolic abstraction, mathematical operations, and other analytical tasks.
- Candidates should keep their focus on topics like non-verbal series, space visualisations, discriminating observation, figure classification, etc. Aspirants should practise 20–30 questions from various topics daily.
3.English language and Comprehension
- English is a scoring subject that consists of 70 marks and can consume less time.
- Candidates should put their primary focus on the subject, such as grammar, vocabulary, synonyms, and antonyms, as these are major areas where candidates make mistakes.
- Candidates should also focus on reading comprehension. This topic will also help in building a strong vocabulary.
- The topic of general awareness is fairly broad. It’s essential for candidates to take regular notes so they can keep memorising what they have learned.
- Applicants should be aware that if they know the answers, this part will save them a lot of time. Candidates should read the news and make a list of all the significant headlines for current events.
- Candidates should try to answer questions in which they have accurate information, as there will be negative marking in this section.
SSC MTS 2023 Preparation FAQs
Ans-The selection of candidates is based on Paper 1, which is an objective exam followed by the document verification round. Candidates who wish to apply for MTS Havaldar have to go through an additional round after Paper 1, which is the PET and PST rounds.
Ans-Candidates can pass the exam in their first attempt if they are properly prepared and study.
Ans- If candidates focus on practising with all of their effort and develop time management skills, they can pass the exam after three to four months of study.