SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Preparation Tips: The Staff Selection Commission, also popularly known as “SSC,” will soon release the official notification of the SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 recruitment.
SSC Scientific Assistant is the “Group B” non-gazetted and non-ministerial post in Level “6” of the Pay Matrix as per the Recruitment Scheme formulated by the IMD and the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed between the SSC and the IMD.
|Name of the Examination||SSC Scientific Assistant in Indian Meteorological Department|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Number of Vacancies||to be notified|
|Job Location||All India|
|SSC Scientific Assistant Notification Release||September 2023|
|Date of the Computer-based Examination||December 2023|
|Salary||Rs. 35400-112400/- (Level 6)|
|SSC Official Website||www.ssc.nic.in|
SSC Scientific Assistant 2023 Preparation Books
1- Know the Syllabus
If you are preparing for SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 with an aim to get selection this year, the first thing you must do is “Understand the Syllabus” of examination, which remains almost the same every year, so you should have a better understanding of the SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Syllabus.
2- Understand the Exam Pattern
The SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Exam Pattern is divided into two parts: Part I and Part II. While Part I comprises 4 sections—General Intelligence & Reasoning, Quantitive Aptitude, English Language and Comprehension and General Awareness, the Part II comprises questions based on the professional knowledge.
The entire exam carries 200 questions of one mark each, and the nature of the questions is optional. There is also a penalty of 0.25 mark for each wrong answer.
3- Set a Time table
You need to prepare a proper timetable so that you can distribute time to each and every section. Also, you must abide by the timetable honestly and regularly until you qualify the examination. Do not spend too much time in one subject and instead give the majority of your time to the topics or subjects you’re weak in.
4- Practice Mock Test
In addition to study on a regular basis, candidates must practice mock tests and previous exams to assess their preparation and ability to handle the examination pressure. Practising mock tests on a frequent basis teaches you to manage your time while handling the exam pressure.
After giving a mock test, you must analyse it in order to learn in which section you need to improve your accuracy and attempts.
5- Choose Right Books for Preparation
Choosing the right preparation books along with applying the right preparation strategy helps you crack the examination sooner than the others. Also, choosing the right preparation materials might be challenging for applicants because there are so many options in the market and online book stores.
Therefore, candidates must choose 2-3 SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 Preparation Books in order to crack the examination.
5- Revision Thoroughly
Revision is the key step in the process of preparing for any exam, as it helps you recall all the topics you have learned. Add revision as an important factor in your timetable and follow it at a regular interval after finishing each topic. Revising at least one day a week will benefit you and clear your concepts and basic fundamentals regarding all the topics.
SSC Scientific Assistant 2023: Subject-Wise Preparation Tips
SSC Scientific Assistant 2023 Preparation Tips: General Intelligence & Reasoning
- This section comprises 25 questions, worth one mark each.
- It is divided into two parts: Puzzles and Miscellaneous topics.
- It is one of the highest-scoring subjects, which can be mastered by practising the puzzles.
- Devote at least 2 hours every day to solving puzzles, figuring out seating arrangements, and other miscellaneous topics like direction, syllogisms, alphanumeric series, etc.
- You can also practise it by solving quizzes and mock tests. Also, make sure to analyse the tests and quizzes.
SSC Scientific Assistant 2023 Preparation Tips: Quantitive Aptitude
- It is considered one of the toughest and most time-consuming sections.
- It also consists of 25 questions worth one mark each.
- This section requires a lot of consistent practise to master basic concepts.
- It is divided into three components, i.e. Arithmetic, Advanced Maths and Data Interpretation.
- Once you understand the basic concepts, practise quizzes every day and analyse them later to assess your strong and weak points.
- Identify your weak topics and give more time to those topics so that you can ace this section.
SSC Scientific Assistant 2023 Preparation Tips: English Language & Comprehension
- English is one of the high-scoring subjects, and if prepared well, this section can be solved in less time.
- This section comprises 25 questions worth one mark each, and to prepare for this section, candidates need to ace three important components of it: grammar, comprehension, and vocabulary.
- In order to have an edge in this section, the candidates need to start reading newspapers on a daily basis, especially the editorial section.
- List down the important words you find while reading the newspaper, and practise reading comprehension regularly.
- Practise mock tests and quizzes regularly, and make sure to analyse them in order to assess your strong and weak points. This will increase your problem-solving ability.
SSC Scientific Assistant 2023 Preparation Tips: General Awareness
- “General Knowledge & Awareness” is one of the highest scoring and least time-consuming sections, which comprises 25 questions worth one mark.
- It comprises questions on current affairs, Static G.K., General Knowledge and Science.
- To prepare for the General Science, read NCERT textbooks of Science and Social Science from classes 6 to 10, along with classes 11 and 12 for Geography and History, especially.
- For current affairs, read about sports, summits and conferences, appointments, science and defence, appointments, national and international, important days, government schemes, and so on.
SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 FAQs
A. The selection process of the SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 recruitment comprises Computer-based Examination followed by Document Verification round.
A. The candidates should follow these steps: Understand the Syllabus, Know the Exam Pattern, Create a Time Table, Choose Right Preparation Books, Revise and Practice Mock Tests.
A. Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.25 in SSC Scientific Assistant IMD 2023 exam.