UP Police Constable 2023: The Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board is going to release the recruitment to recruit both Males and Females for the post of Constable and Fireman in the UP Police Force. Around 37,000 vacancies are expected to be released soon.
latest Jobs & Education के लिए सब्स्क्राइब करें
As per the reports, the authorities will release the notification on June 2023 (tentatively). Interested candidates are advised to read the article to get complete information about the UP Police hiring procedure for 2023.
June 2023: Expected Notification Release Month
UP Police Constable 2023 Notification
The UP Police Constable 2023 official notification will be released in May 2023 on the official website of UPPRPB at http://uppbpb.gov.in/, to recruit eligible applicants for around 37,000 vacancies.
Information such as important dates, vacancies, eligibility, application, syllabus, selection, and complete details will be uploaded with the notification. Candidates can bookmark this page to get the latest update on the UP Police Constable Recruitment 2023 notification.
The direct link to download the pdf of UP Constable Recruitment 2023 notification will be provided as soon.
Click here to download UP Police Constable 2023 Notification PDF (to be activated soon)
UP Police Constable 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Examination||UP Police Constable|
|Conducting Body||Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board|
|Name of Post||Constable & Firemen|
|Category Name||Government Job|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Selection Process||Online Written Test|
Document Verification & Physical Standard Test
Physical Efficiency Test
|UP Police Constable Salary||Rs. 30,000 to 40,000|
About UP Police Constable Exam
The selection of candidates will be based on a written exam and document verification, followed by a physical measurement test and a physical efficiency test. Every year, thousands of candidates apply for the post and therefore, completion is always tough for them.
In addition to the constable position, the UPPRPB will conduct exams for a number of other positions, including sub-inspector, jail warden, fireman, and ministerial staff.
The role of the constable is to carry out a variety of law enforcement duties as a qualified peace officer, including issuing traffic citations and accompanying the Justice of the Peace Court as bailiff.
UP Police Constable 2023 Important Dates
The crucial date will be released along with the notification. Although the official release date for the UP Police Constable Notification has not yet been announced, it is expected to be released in April 2023. Meanwhile, candidates can check the tentative dates in the table below.
|Online Application Release||May 2023|
|Application Submission||May 2023|
|Admit Card Release||June 2023|
|Online Exam Date||July 2023|
|Answer key||August 2023|
|Result Date||August/September 2023|
UP Police Constable 2023 Vacancy
As per the reports, more than 35,000 (expected) vacancies will be filled for Male/Female constable as well as Firemen (Male) posts. The vacancy details will be released soon on the official website of the Uttar Pradesh Board Recruitment and Promotion Board along with the its official notification.
UP Police Constable 2023 Salary
The UP Police Constable is a well-paid government job that provides a good salary package for the candidates selected for the post. A UP police constable is provided a salary under the 7th Pay Commission of the Pay Matrix.
The gross monthly salary of a UP Police constable is between Rs. 35,000 and 40,000, and therefore, the annual salary will be approximately between Rs. 4,20,000 and 4,80,000.
UP Police Constable 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Those who are planning to appear for the online examination for the constable post must meet the eligibility requirements set by the Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board, which include nationality, age limit, education qualification, and physical standard.
To be eligible for the recruitment UP Police Constable 2023, a candidate must be
- An Indian Citizen OR
- A Tibetan Refugee who permanently moved to India before 1 January 1, 1962 OR
- A person of Indian-origin who permanently moved to India from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Myanmar and East African nations such as Uganda, Kenya and United Republic of Tanzania.
Candidates other than the Indian citizens must hold the certificate of eligibility issued in their favour by the Government of India.
2- Educational Qualification
The applicant must be 12th pass till the last date of submitting the online application from any recognised board or its equivalent qualification approved by the government.
3- UP Police Constable 2023 Age Limit
- Age Limit for Male (General): 18-23 years
- Age Limit for Female (General): 18-26 years
- Age Limit for Male (OBC/SC/ST): 18-28 years
- Age Limit for Female (OBC/SC/ST): 18-31 years
4- UP Police Constable 2023 Age Relaxation
|SC/ST/OBC (Male)||5 years|
|SC/ST/OBC (Female)||5 years|
UP Police Constable 2023 Application Fee
Male candidates from GEN/OBC/EWS have to pay the nominal charge for the application, while there is no fee for other category candidates. While filling out the application form, the fee can be paid online using a debit/credit card or net banking, or offline through an E-Challan.
UP Police Constable 2023 Application Process
Candidates who match the eligibility requirement can fill out the application form. The UP Police Constable 2023 Apply Online link will be active after the release of the application. Candidates can also complete their applications by following the instructions.
- Visit the official web portal of UPPBPB at uppbpb.gov.in.
- On the homepage, find the notification for “UP Police Recruitment 2023”
- The candidate’s registration page will appear on your screen.
- Fill out the application form with accuracy and upload the required documents, such as a photo and signature, in the appropriate format.
- Review your application and pay the application charge(if applicable).
- Submit and download the application for reference.
UP Police Constable 2023 Selection Process
The selection of candidates is based on a four-stage examination process. Candidates have to clear all the stages in order to get selected for the post of constable in the UP Police. The details regarding all stages are given below:
- Online Written Examination
- Document Verification
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Stage I- Online Written Examination
In stage I candidates have to go through an online written examination. The exam consists of only objective-type questions. Applicants will have 2 hours to complete their examination.
There are 4 sections in the written exam, which are general Hindi, general awareness, numerical and mental ability tests, and the Mental Aptitude Test/Intelligence Quotient Test/Reasoning.
Stage II- Document Verification
Those candidates who meet the cut-off for the written examination will be called for a document verification round. Candidates have to provide the following documents to the authorities:
- Photo ID Proof (Aadhar card/PEN card/Voter ID/ Driving License)
- Caste Certificate
- Educational Marksheet/Certificate
- Passport-size Photo
- Birth Certificate
- Employment Registration Certificate
- Other Eligibility proving Certificate
Stage III- Physical Measurement Test/ Physical Standard Test (PMT/PST)
Candidates’ physical requirements will be checked in this round. The physical measurement will be different for male and female candidates. Catagery-wise physical measurement requirement is provided in the table below.
|Category||Hight( in cm)||Chest( in cm)||Weight|
|Male- 79 cm/ 84 cm (without expansion/with expansion)|
|Male- 77 cm/82 cm (without expansion/with expansion)|
Stage IV- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Shortlisted candidates from PMT will appear for the final round of the exam, which is the PET. The physical efficiency test consists of running. This round will be the same for all male category candidates.
|Male||4.8 k.m||28 minutes|
|Female||2.4 k.m||16 minutes|
UP Police Constable 2023 Exam Pattern
The first phase of the selection is an objective-type online examination. Candidates must review the UP Police Constable 2023 Exam Pattern before they start their preparation. Altogether, there are 4 rounds in the written examination, consisting of a total of 300 marks.
Candidates will have 2 hours to finish the exam. Note that there will be a negative marking scheme for incorrect answers.
|Section||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Numerical and Mental Ability Test||38||76|
|Mental Aptitude /Intelligence Quotient/Reasoning||37||74|
UP Police Constable 2023 Syllabus
Candidates should be familiar with the UP Police Constable 2023 Syllabus since it will enable them to concentrate on particular subjects that will be covered in the written test.
Candidates should thoroughly prepare for each exam subject because there is a negative marking scheme of 0.25 marks. The subject-specific online exam syllabus is provided below.
- General Awareness: Current Affairs, currency, important dates, India and its adjacent countries, scientific progress/development, Indian constitution, natural resources, Indian languages, capital, sports-athlete, urbanisation, national/international awards, natural resources, Indian economy, organizations, India and world geography, agriculture and script.
- General Hindi: reading comprehension, word knowledge use of words, synonyms, antonyms, sentence correction, one-word substitutions, phrases and idioms.
- Numerical Ability: Percentage, mensuration, table & graph, number system, simple and compound interest, time & work, decimal & fraction, time and distance, discount, HCF and LCM, ratio and proportion, simplification, profit & loss, partnership and miscellaneous.
- Mental Ability Test: Word formation, perception test, direction sense, implied meanings, logical interpretation, word and alphabet analogy. symbol relationship interpretation, logical Diagrams, letter and number series and argument.
- Mental Aptitude Test: Police system, gender sensitivity, Law & Order, Public Interest, mental toughness, rule of law, communal harmony, minorities and underprivileged category, crime control, contemporary police issues and basic law.
- intelligence quotient: coding-decoding, time and sequence, Venn Diagram, blood relation, spotting error, series, relationship and analogy test, mathematical ability test, alphanumeric series, order and raking.
- Reasoning: Classification, Analogies, observation and discrimination, decision-making, similarities and differences, analysis, arithmetical Reasoning, space visualization, relationship, number series, and problem-solving.
UP Police Constable 2023 Preparation Books
Candidates should pick the top UP Police Constable 2023 Preparation Books to ace the examination on their first attempt. The preparation books will help the candidates understand the basics and concepts of all the topics. Candidates can refer to the given books in the table for better preparation.
|General Hindi||Lucent’s Samanya Hindi||Sanjiv Kumar|
|General Awareness||General Knowledge||Arihant|
|Numerical Ability||Numerical Ability 18 Days Wonder||S Chand|
|Mental Aptitude Test||General Intelligence Test / Mental Ability Test||Ramesh Publishing House|
|Reasoning||Master Reasoning Book Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical||Arihant|
UP Police Constable 2023 Admit Card
Candidates who will take the written exam and other exams must bring their admit card and photo ID with them. The UP Police Constable 2023 Admit Card will contain all the essential details such as roll number, name, exam date, timing, exam center, etc. Candidates can download their admit cards by following the steps outlined below.
- Visit the official website of UPPRBPB at http://uppbpb.gov.in/.
- In the latest announcement section find the link for the “UP Police Constable 2023 Admit Card”
- On the login page, enter your registration number and password.
- The Admit Card will appear on your screen.
- Download and take a printout of your admit card.
UP Police Constable 2023 Result
After conducting the written examination, the authorities will release the answer key on the official website of the Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board. Candidates can download the answer key to calculate their scores.
On the official website, the results will be accessible approximately one month after the exam. The result will include the candidate’s name, roll number or registration number, category, normalised scores, and rank. Candidates can use their login credentials to check their results. After conducting all the rounds, the merit list will be uploaded to the UPPRPB‘s website.
UP Police Constable 2023 Cut-off
The cut-off marks will be declared after the announcement of the results. After the cut-off is announced, the Cut-off will be updated on this page. Meanwhile, candidates can review the previous year’s cut-off to set a specific target.
UP Police Constable 2023 FAQ
Ans- The notification will be released in April 2023(Tentatively).
Ans-The selection of candidates will be based on a written exam, and document verification followed by a physical measurement test and physical efficiency test.
Ans-For Constable post male candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 23, while female candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 26.
Ans- Candidates must have passed 12th from a recognised board or its equivalent.
Ans-Constable in UP Police can get a Basic Pay of 21,700 and a gross salary of Rs.30,000 – Rs.40,000
Ans- Yes, male applicants from the GEN/OBC/EWS categories must pay an application fee of Rs 400/-, while there is no fee for female applicants from the other categories of candidates.
After the recruitment of the UP Police, what will come next?
The Physical Standard Test and Document Verification will be requested of applicants once they pass the written test.
How many sections are in the UP Police curriculum for 2023?
The General Hindi, General Knowledge, Numerical & Mental Ability Test, and Mental Aptitude/ Intelligence/Reasoning components make up the UP Police Syllabus 2023.
Will there be a negative marking in the written exam’s marking system?
Yes, each incorrect response will result in a 0.25 negative marking.
Is the age requirement for UP police positions being relaxed?
For the reserved group, there will be an age relaxation in accordance with government laws. While SC/ST candidates’ age is relaxed by five years, general/OBC candidates’ is only two years.