UP Police SI Recruitment 2023: The Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board (UPPRPB) conducts the examinations for various posts in the UP Police Force. As per the latest update the notification for the SI position will issued soon.
latest Jobs & Education के लिए सब्स्क्राइब करें
The vacancies will be filled in various districts and police headquarters in Uttar Pradesh. Candidates who are interested in joining the S.I. post can check the given article to get complete information about the UP police S.I. 2023 recruitment drive.
June 2023: Expected Notification Month for UP Police SI Recruitment 2023
UP Police SI 2023 Notification
As per the reports, the notification will be released in the mid 2023 on the official website of the UPPRPB at uppbpb.gov.in. The recruitment notification will have complete details on the exam calendar, including eligibility, age limit, online application, selection procedure, salary, and more. Candidates can bookmark this page to check the notification information.
About UP Police SI Exam
The selection of an SI is based on a 4-stage examination procedure: Online written exam, a PST and document verification, a physical efficiency test, followed by a medical examination.
A sub-inspector is ranked below an inspector and above an assistant sub-inspector of police (ASI). Typically, an SI works as a first investigating officer who receives and investigates any cognizable offence when reported or comes to his notice without the order of the Magistrate and arrests any person involved in such crimes.
UP Police SI 2023 Important Dates
After the release of the notification, the online application window will be activated in April/May (tentatively). Interested candidates can check and mark the important dates for UP Police Sub Inspector recruitment. The complete exam schedule will be updated here soon.
|Online Application Release||June 2023|
|Application Submission||June 2023|
|Admit Card for Written Exam||July 2023|
|Online Written Exam||August 2023|
UP Police SI 2023 Vacancy Details
According to the reports, the UP Police Recruitment Board will release 9000+ (expected) vacancies for the post of sub-inspector for both male and female candidates. The vacancies will be uploaded along with the notification on the official website of the UPPRPB. Category-wise vacancy details will be updated on this page as soon as the notification is announced by the authorities.
UP Police SI 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Those who will match the eligibility requirement for UP Sub Inspector recruitment set by the UP Police Board can apply for the post. The following criteria will be used to determine eligibility:
- Educational Qualification
- Age Limit
To be eligible for the recruitment UP Police SI 2023, a candidate must be
- A Indian Citizen OR
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan OR
- A Tibetan Refugee who permanently moved to India before 1 January 1, 1962 OR
- A person of Indian-origin who permanently moved to India from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Myanmar and East African nations such as Uganda, Kenya and United Republic of Tanzania.
Candidates other than the Indian citizens must hold the certificate of eligibility issued in their favour by the Government of India.
- Candidates who possess an Uttarpradesh domicile certificate will be given an upper age limit relaxation under the reserved category.
- Those who don’t have the UP domicile or who belong to another state will not get any kind of relaxation on age and will be treated under general categorisation.
Candidates must hold a graduation degree in any discipline from a reputed and recognised university with a minimum of 50%.
UP Police SI 2023 Age Limit
- The minimum age of candidates should not be less than 21 years.
- The upper age limit for SI posts is 28 years.
- Age relaxation will be provided to reserved categories such as OBC/ST/SC etc as per the rules and regulations of the Government of India.
UP Police SI 2023 Application Fee
Candidates need to be aware that there is a fee for the online application. Candidates must pay this fee online when completing the application form. The category-wise application charge is provided in the given table.
UP Police SI 2023 Application Form
The UP Police SI 2023 Apply Online link will be activated on the official website of the Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board. Also, the direct application link will be updated here. Candidates can follow the given steps to successfully fill out their online application.
- Open the official website of UPPRPB at uppbpb.gov.in.
- On the homepage, find the notification section and tab on SI Bharti 2023 Notification.
- The online registration portal will appear on your screen..
- Complete your registration with a valid email id and number, and then proceed further with the application form.
- Fill out your personal and educational qualification information on the application form and proceed to the next step.
- Upload the scanned copy of the passport-size photo, mark sheet and caste certificate (if any).
- Recheck the filled-in details on your application form and proceed further to the payment portal.
- Pay the application charge (if applicable) and submit your application.
- Take a printout of your application if required.
UP Police SI 2023 Selection Process
The selection of candidates for the sub-inspector post is based on a 4-stage examination procedure:
- Online Written Exam
- Physical Standard Test (PST) and Document Verification (DV)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Medical Examination
Online Written Exam
The first stage of selection is the written examination, which is conducted online via CBT. The online exam consists of only objective-type questions. The candidates will have two hours to complete the four sections of the exam.
|General Knowledge/Basic Law/ Constitution||100|
|Numerical and Mental Ability||100|
|Mental Aptitude Test/Intelligence Quotient/ Reasoning||100|
Physical Standard Test (PST)
Those who meet the cut-off for the online written exam will appear for the second round, which is the PST and document verification. The round consists of evaluating the physical fitness of candidates, which includes their height and chest measurements. The measurements will vary for different genders and categories of candidates.
|Categories||Height Measurements||Chest Measurements|
|GEN/OBC/SC||Male-168cm, Female -152 cm||Male- 79-84 cm, Female- N/A|
|ST||Male-160cm , Female-147 cm||Male- 77-82 cm, Female- N/A|
Candidates must pass the document verification round in order to appear for the PET. Candidates should carry the following documents: mark sheets, passport-size photos, photo ID proof, caste certificate, Aahdar card, PAN card, domicile, etc. Those who provide fake and illegal documents will be disqualified at this stage. Applicants are advised to carry original documents along with photocopies of these documents.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
After PST and DV, the shortlisted candidates will appear for the physical efficiency test. This round includes running, which is identical for all male categories but different for all female categories.
|Male||4.8 kilometres||28 minutes|
|Female||2.4 kilometres||16 minutes|
The final round is the medical examination round. This round is conducted to check the physical fitness of candidates. The following parameters are checked in this round:
- Vision Test
- Hearing Test
- Dental Checkup
- Blood Pressure Test
- Blood+ Urine Test
- Knock-Knee Test
- Physical Disability Test
UP Police SI 2023 Exam Syllabus
The online exam has a specific syllabus. The UP SI 2023 Exam Syllabus will aid candidates in understanding which parts and topics will be heavily weighted. Altogether, there are 4 sections in the objective exam. General Hindi, numerical and mental ability tests, Basic Law/ Constitution/general awareness and mental aptitude test/intelligence quotient/ reasoning. Subject-wise SI syllabuses are provided below.
- General Hindi: Letter writing, synonym, antonyms, sentence correction, reading comprehension, one-word substitutions, use of words, phrases and idioms and word knowledge.
- Numerical Ability: Simplification, number system, simple and compound interest, time & work, time and distance, discount, HCF and LCM, mensuration, Percentage, table & graph, profit & loss, ratio and proportion, partnership, decimal & fraction and miscellaneous
- Mental Ability Test: Perception test, logical Diagrams, logical interpretation, symbol relationship interpretation, letter and number series, direction sense, word formation, argument, implied meanings, word and alphabet analogy.
- General Awareness: General science, history of India, freedom struggle, population, Indian economy, agriculture, environment, foreign direct investments, Current affairs, Revenue in Uttar Pradesh, computer knowledge, Police and general administration and social media
- Basic Law/ Constitution: Law, fundamental rights, social law for women, Indian constitution, national security, traffic rules, reservation and crime punishment.
- Mental Aptitude Test: Law & Order, police system, Public Interest, rule of law, communal harmony, mental toughness, crime control, gender sensitivity, minorities and underprivileged category, contemporary police issues and basic law.
- Intelligence Quotient: Spotting error, coding-decoding, blood relation, series, relationship and analogy test, alphanumeric series, time and sequence, Venn Diagram, mathematical ability test, order and raking
- Reasoning: Analogies, similarities and differences, decision making, analysis, problem-solving, space visualization, observation and discrimination, relationship, number series, classification and arithmetical Reasoning.
UP Police SI 2023 Preparation books
Candidates should choose the best UP Police SI 2023 preparation book that has the most recent exam questions and covers the revised syllabus. As mentioned above, there are 4 sections of the exam, and each section consists of 100 marks. Before starting the preparation, candidates must check the syllabus and exam pattern for the SI exam. Subject-wise preparation books are provided in the given table.
|General Hindi||UP Police SI Samanya Hindiar & Composition||Yukti Publication|
|Lucent’s Samanya Hindi||Sanjiv Kumar|
|Vastunisth Samanya Hindi||Aditya Publication|
|Numerical & Mental Ability||A Fast Track Course in Mental Ability||Arihant Publication|
|Numerical Ability 18 Days Wonder||S Chand|
|UP Sub Inspector Chapter wise Solved Papers Numerical Ability Test & Mental Ability Test||Youth Competition Times|
|General Knowledge/Basic Law/ Constitution||Mool Vidhi (Fundamental Law) Uttar Pradesh Sub-Inspector (Si)||Arihant|
|Up Police Moolvidhi Savindhan Mansik Avam Abhiruchi||SD Publication|
|Mental Aptitude/Intelligence/Reasoning||Master Reasoning Book Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical||Arihant Publications|
|Samanya Budhimata Parikshan||Ramesh Publishing House|
|General Intelligence Test / Mental Ability Test||Ramesh Publishing House|
UP Police SI 2023 Admit Card
The authorities will release the admit card a week prior to the exam. The UP SI 2023 Admit Card direct link will be updated here. Candidates can download their admit cards via the official website of the Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board Follow the given steps to download your admissions card.
- Visit UPPRPB’s official website at uppbpb.gov.in.
- In the notification section of the homepage, find the link for the “UP SI 2023 Exam Admit Card”
- On the login page, enter your registration number and password.
- The UP SI 2023 admit card will appear on your screen for downloading and printing.
UP Police SI 2023 Result & Cut-off
After each phase, authorities will release the cutoff and results on the official website. The cutoff will be released category-wise. After conducting each phase, the merit list will be prepared. Candidates can check and download their results and cut off using their login credentials. The direct link to check the UP Police SI Recruitment 2023 result will be updated on this page.
UP Police SI 2023 Recruitment FAQs
Ans- The expected date for UP Police SI recruitment notification is expected to release in mid 2023.
Ans- Yes, the reserved category candidates who possess the domicile of UP state will get the age relaxation as per GoI.
Ans-Candidates must hold a graduation degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% from a recognized university.
Ans-The basic salary of a UP Police Sub-Inspector ranges from Rs. 9300 to Rs. 34800, whereas the total in-hand salary is between Rs. 24,000 to Rs. 80,400.
Ans- The selection of the sub-inspector is based on the following stages: written exam, physical standard test, document verification, physical efficiency test, and medical examination.
Ans- The written examination will be conducted online.
Is there a relaxation of the age requirement for UP police positions?
The reserved group will have an age relaxation in accordance with government laws. Candidates who are General/OBC are given a 2 year age reduction, whereas SC/ST candidates are given a 5 year age reduction.
What is the structure of police positions in India?
The police ranks are listed here, from top to bottom:
Director-General of Police (DGP)
Inspector-General of Police (IGP)
Deputy Inspector General of Police
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP)
Superintendent of Police (SP)
Deputy Superintendent of Police (Dy. SP)
Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP)
Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP)
Inspector of Police (PI)
Sub-Inspector of Police (SI)
Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police (ASI)
Head Constable (HC)
How will candidates be chosen for the UP Police Recruitment 2023?
The selection procedure includes the Written Exam, Physical Test, and Document Verification.
Is there a sectional cut off for the UP Police SI exam?
No, the UP Police SI exam does not have a sectional cutoff.
For the UP Police SI recruitment 2023, how many positions have been made available?
The UP Police SI recruitment vacancies for 2023 have not yet been made public. You can check this article again after the official notification is released to check the number of vacancy details.
The UP Police 2023 syllabus contains how many sections?
There are four categories in the UP Police Syllabus 2023: General Hindi, General Knowledge, Numerical & Mental Ability Test, and Mental Aptitude/ Intelligence/Reasoning.
Can people outside of Uttar Pradesh apply to be Sub- Inspector?
Yes, only if they are a resident of Uttar Pradesh.
Can we apply for the position of UP Police Constable offline?
No, all of the steps involved in applying for the UP Police Recruitment are done online.