October 15, 2021, marks the 90th birth anniversary of the former President, APJ Abdul Kalam, and it is not only celebrated as his birthday but also as World Students’ Day, for his continued service as a teacher. He was a scientist, a statesman, a politician, an author, and most importantly, a teacher, the only profession that he loved the most.
Kalam played a key role in carrying out various nuclear tests, like his involvement in the Pokhran II nuclear test in 1998. He was also involved in different Indian missile development programs, the Agni and Prithvi being the two of the many, and thus came to be known as the ‘missile man of India’.
Kalam was responsible for the success of the various Indian Aerospace Science programs as well. He not only worked for renowned organizations like the DRDO and ISRO but also served as the 11th President of India, succeeding K.R. Narayan.
Apart from all this Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam was a source of inspiration for millions of people, especially the youth. He ignited the minds of the young with his motivational quotes and speeches and it is on this occasion of his birth anniversary that we bring to you his famous quotes that will surely give you those ‘wings of fire’:
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Quotes
- Every pain gives a lesson, and every lesson changes a person.
- Love your job, but don’t love your company, because you may not know when your company may stop loving you.
- Never complain about the difficulties in life, because a director (God) always gives the hardest roles to his best actors.
- It is very easy to defeat someone, but very difficult to win someone.
- If you FAIL, never give up, because FAIL means: First Attempt In Learning.
- All birds find shelter during the rain, but eagles avoid rain by flying above the clouds.
- If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.
- Two rules for a peaceful life: Depression in failure should never go to the heart, and ego in success should never go to the brain.
- For me, there are two types of people: the young and the experienced.
- Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of an individual. If people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honor for me.
Some Interesting Facts about Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
Do you know APJ Abdul Kalam never took any fees for delivering lectures in India and anywhere abroad? Have a look at some more interesting facts I bet you didn’t know about him:
- He was the first Indian President who was a bachelor.
- He was a vegetarian.
- He possessed a total of 48 doctorates, both nationally and internationally.
- He was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 1981, the Padma Vibhushan in 1990, and India’s highest civilian award the Bharat Ratna in 1997.
- He was very popular among the kids. Kalam tried to mold the minds of the young and encouraged them towards science. He was often seen in exhibitions and museums motivating the youth.
- His email address was open to all the children so he was the most reachable person.
- After Chacha Nehru, Kalam was a favorite among the children. He dedicated his life to the development of the education system of our nation.
- His autobiography was translated into 13 languages, including French and Mandarin. He also had 6 biographies.
Undoubtedly Kalam’s journey is no less than a legend. From selling newspapers to clear his expenses and support his family, to being rejected as a Pilot and finally becoming the President of India, his life is full of motivation. On his birth anniversary, the world remembers him and pays tribute to his stellar contribution to society.