Lohri is a celebration of joy and happiness that is celebrated by the Sikh Community and Punjabi Hindus around the world.
It is one of the popular festivals of the Indian Subcontinent and is celebrated in northern India especially in Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, and Jammu.
It is the first festival of the new year and marks the beginning of the longer days and shorter nights. It means the festival marks the end of the winter solstice.
Lohri is also called Lohdi and some sections of the Sindhi community celebrate it as Lal Loi.
Happy Lohri 2022 Date and Time
Lohri is celebrated on a night prior to Makar Sankranti, which is a Hindu harvest festival.
In 2022 Lohri will be celebrated on January 13 and just a day after it, Makar Sankranti will be celebrated across the country with lots of love and positivity.
It is determined according to the solar calendar. People of the Sikh and Hindu communities of Northern India pray to god for a good harvest season.
This day is marked to celebrate the harvest of Rabi crops such as Wheat, Barley, mustard, sesame, oats and peas.
How Do We Celebrate Lohri?
Lohri is celebrated with full happiness and enthusiasm in the areas where the Punjabi population resides worldwide.
People light a bonfire after the sunset and gather around it. They perform Bhangra and other Punjabi folk dances around the bonfire while throwing popcorns, Rewari, and sesame into the fire.
People organize feasts for their relatives and loved ones and serve various kinds of sweets, Sarso ka Saag and Makki ki Roti at Dinner.
Happy Lohri 2022 Wishes and Images
As we all know India is heading towards the third wave of COVID-19, like the previous year, we have to celebrate the Lohri festival in a low-key manner.
A big thanks to social media that despite having physical distances, we can still wish our near and dear ones a very Happy Lohri through the various social media handles.
We have come up with some very beautiful wishes and images for you. So keeping sharing them with your family and close friends:
- May the darkness never cross your path and your life light up with a good fortune.
- Let’s burn all the differences we have for each other with the bonfire of love. Happy Lohri 2022..
- May this festival of Lohri bring Joy and happiness to your life.
- Let’s make this Lohri more special by helping the needy ones. Happy Lohri!!
- This Lohri, I wish you a lifetime of happiness and prosperity. Lohri Di Lakh Lakh Vadhaiyan!!!
- May this festival of Lohri bring peace and harmony to your life. Happy Lohri!
- May the end of the winter season also end the sadness and anxiety in your life.
- May God bless you with a life full of ambitions, success, and peace!!!
- Let’s celebrate the beautiful festival of Lohri seeking the blessing of Waheguru!!!
- May the new harvest season come up with new beginnings!! Happy Lohri 2022!!
This Lohri, do spread love and happiness around you!!! We wish you a very Happy Lohri 2022!!!!!