The nine-day-long festival symbolizes the victory of good over evil. It marks the victory of the mighty Goddess Durga over the demon Mahishasura, where Goddess Durga symbolizes ‘good’, and Mahishasura symbolizes ‘evil’.
This year the festival will take place from October 7- October 15, where October 15 marks the Viyajadashami or Dussehra.
These nine nights symbolize the nine avatars of Goddess Durga: Shailputri, Brahmacharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skanda Mata, Katyayani, Kaalratri, Mahagauri, and Siddhidatri.
During the days of Navratri, devotees indulge in fasting and prayers. The fasting that people observe during Navratri is all the more difficult as not only the person refrains from eating onion and garlic but also leaves salt, pulses, and grains.
To help you celebrate this day, we bring to you a collection of Navratri quotes and wishes :
Send these lovely wishes to your near and dear ones on this occasion of Navratri:
- May the 9 avatars of Maa Durga bless you with 9 qualities – power, happiness, humanity, peace, knowledge, devotion, name, fame, and health.
- Wishing you nine nights of devotion and happiness. May Maa shower her blessings on you. Happy Navratri
- Feast and have fun, The dandiya raas has begun, Maa is blessing us through, A very Happy Navratri to you…
- May this festival be the harbinger of joy and prosperity. As the holy occasion of Navratri is here and the atmosphere is filled with the spirit of mirth and love, here’s hoping this festival will be great for you!
- Maa bharti jholi khali!, Maa Ambe vaishno wali!, Maa Sankat harna wali!, Maa Vipda Mitane wali! Maa ke sabhi bhakto ko Navratri ki Hardik Subh Kamnayen!
- Happy Navaratri to you and your family! Today I wish to Goddess Shakti to take away all your troubles and sorrows. I hope your life is filled with all nine shades of happiness. I pray to Mata Rani to make all your wishes come true. God bless you! Jai Mata Di!
Here is a collection of Navratri quotes that you can share with your friends to brighten up their day:
- If you don’t respect women for the rest of 356 days, I am sure your 9 days of Navratri puja can’t make Durga Maa happy.
- “Hum ko tha intajaar wo ghadi aa gayi, Hokar sing per sawaar Mata Rani aa gai Hogi ab man ki har muraad puri, Hrne ab sare dukh Mata dwaar aa gayi.”
A very Happy Navratri to you all and may Goddess Durga shower you all with her choicest blessings and good health.